It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDair fingerprint scanner captures your print from 6 meters away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this tech scare the hell out of me but it does.

The system takes a snapshot when triggered and uses pattern recognition to pick out the fingers. Edge detection and sharpening is used to virtually scan the fingerprint, which is then compared to the database. IDair’s current customers are military in nature, but one fitness chain is testing it as a way to stop the practice of keycard sharing.

www.geek.com...

Is there a chance to use wax or silicone finger print overlays to trick this system?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
...to catalogue every human being on the planet?

you'd be better off wearing gloves if you're worried about it, honestly they can get your print a million other ways if they wanted to. This particular device at first glance is for a more en mass approach.

It may be able to capture your print but how can they give a name and story to it, unless it's simply for a criminal/terrorist program to link crimes with people who think they have left no trace.

I imagine they would just walk around downtown if they could 'printing' for the day.
edit on 4-7-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well I foresee a fitness chain that is at risk of going out of business.

Putting a photo of the member on a card is a rather inconvenient and expensive solution so this has promise.

Those pesky identical twins...this will put a stop to their shenanigans once and for all.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
crud, i accidentally doubled this thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Please keep on discussing this topic here.

Duplicate thread closed.

top topics

join