It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Museum holds 'Biotechnology Day' for children with presentations by Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...
Great corporate propaganda stunt. How low will these guys stoop.

According to the NCMNS website, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) partnered with Kelly Services, a local staffing agency, to hold the first ever Biotechnology Day at the museum, which was tag-lined with the somewhat menacing phrase "Biotechnology in Your Daily Life!" The stated goal of the event was to "demystify biotechnology" and enlighten the public as to how it affects their everyday lives.

North Carolina's "Triangle" area, which encompasses the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas in the central part of the state, is dominated by some of the world's largest biotechnology and drug companies. GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, PPD, BASF, Pfizer, Biogen Idec, Bayer CropScience, and Monsanto all call the Triangle home. And these companies hold significant influence over statewide politics, institutions of higher learning, and health care systems.

With this in mind, it is no surprise that these companies were able to exploit a local museum to brainwash children into supporting the agendas of the drug and GMO industries. And the worst part is that these corporate vultures used arts and crafts, colorful displays, fun experiments, and various other hands-on experiences that children love to do.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

This is them getting to the next generation while they are children, so these children can grow up with these companies.

It's the same concept as the happy meal at McDonalds... attract children and be a part of their lives as they grow up... and they seemingly become a part of everyday life.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If only the presentation showed the truth, show 'hey kids this is normal natural food make you grow up big and strong and smart' 'this is monsanto food make you grow up with diseases and nutrient lacking foods weak immune system and with an iq just high enough so you can function', 'and also because of monsanto, bugs are now completely immune to all pesticides, even our new wonderful nuclear spray wont kill the bugs that have now mutated into crazy deformed superbugs that now dont run away into the dark when humans spot them but now actually seek out and hunt down humans, oh and also they've now increased in size by 500% because of the chemicals in monsanto' then queue the big massive bugs like an alien invasion destroying all the buildings and people etc, hmm actually maybe thats monsantos idea,

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i don't care if they make mutant potatoes that weigh 400lbs each.

my problem is when they use their millions and lobbies to bribe governments to pass laws that prevent you from growing your own vegetables.

when they start to fine you for growing a tomato in your backyard, then lines are drawn and sides start to be taken.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So true its like corporations are being giving the authority to decide what you can and cannot eat, heaven forbid you should be allowed to grow your own non modified food that is healthy, but how can they make a profit off of that, in times of low income people resort to the cheap takeaway meals because they are cheap than real food, but have little nutritional value. They cant have people growing their own produce, that would mean that the little money you do have isnt coming through their door thats not good business. It really is a sad day when you cannot grow your own produce, what reason can they give you for stopping you honestly? 'you cannot grow that nutrient rich food, how will you be poisoned by our monsanto laced food with strains of viruses that my friend at big pharma has a drug to help cure'.

Reminds me of a story, most people who grow produce on a large scale will not eat what they grow for the general public (aside from organic producers), every farmer has his own little vegetable patch where he grows his own produce for him and his family because there is no way he would feed his own family what he provides for the public. Maybe someone should start producing greenhouses for homes with airtight chambers so that you can grow your own food without the threat of it being polluted with monsanto spores. Might cost a bit but build your own little kept sterile from the outside greenhouse, with bees and plants and flowers and all the other stuff you need to sustain an ecosystem even some birds etc.

We're so screwed though, if you cannot even grow your own produce for yourself, what do you have left really, what happens if you reoffend will you get arrested, "hey man what you in here for" "killed somebody, how about you" "they told me not to do it but i just couldnt resist, i replanted those tomatoes and carrots and i got caught" the part you cant help laugh at though is there will be someone in there with a DUI or some other bad crime and they will have a shorter sentence than you >.<

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

top topics

join