It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Reverb - a compilation of powerful speeches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I posted this video in another forum almost 12 hours ago but it went virtually unnoticed with not a single reply. I probably posted it at a bad time and in the wrong forum. I know we can have two threads on the same thing if they are in different forums so I'm hoping this time I'll catch more attention by posting it in a more relevant forum at a better time. I never have, and usually wouldn't post the same thing twice, but I spent a fair amount of time on this and I don't want to see it go to waste. If the mods want to remove the other one I don't mind.

I wanted to create a video compilation of all the best rants and speeches that I have ever seen. Over the years I have watched and heard many powerful speeches by different people, so I set out to collect them. I only intended to make this film roughly 10 minutes long but my collection of videos kept growing. Eventually I had about 30 clips. What started as a small project turned into film more than an hour long.

I have compiled all the best speeches that I could find into this film, and it makes for brilliant watching. Of course it includes the well known "Mad as Hell" speech & the infamous Charlie Chaplin speech. It also contains some funny but powerful rants by the legendary Bill Hicks & the brilliant George Carlin. Also has some seriously powerful speeches by Ron Paul & Dennis Kucinich, two great congressmen.

There's also speeches by a bunch of other well known figures and also some virtually unknown people. And a few eye-opening speeches by children, including the "girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes". For those wondering, the first clip is the "Laughing Man" video which appeared on hacked Facebook accounts. It's essentially a big compilation of all the most powerful and epic rants/speeches that I have come across.

It's emotional, moving, powerful, gripping, insightful and informative. Well worth the watch.

YouTube link:
Cosmic Reverb - a compilation of powerful speeches

BTW, the video apparently is not available to watch from Germany (sorry).
edit on 4/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Maybe because it is a boring subject or nobody has any interest?

Or is it because Kusinich is a nut bag? Ron Paul the same?

What, are you trolling for points or something?

There, you have a reply. Now, can we get on with our lives now?

edit on 4-7-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Still watching...i'm 22min into..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Maybe because it is a boring subject or nobody has any interest?
I don't see how it's a boring subject. The Charlie Chaplin speech gets posted several times every year and always receives a bunch of flags... people obviously like powerful moving speeches. I thought it would be a great idea to combine a lot of those speeches into one film... the problem I think is not that it's boring, but that the video is so long and a lot of people don't have the time to watch it.

Or is it because Kusinich is a nut bag? Ron Paul the same?
If by "nutbag" you actually mean "sanest person on Earth", then you are correct.
Seriously though, they aren't nutbags, they are the only congressmen with enough balls to state the facts as they are. Although Kusinich isn't even a congressman anyway, and Paul wont be in the political game for much longer either.

There, you have a reply. Now, can we get on with our lives now?
I don't know why you have to be such an a-hole, I'm just posting a video which I put a lot of effort into and I don't want to see it go to waste. ATS has been deteriorating over the last few years, we constantly have stupid threads getting all the attention. Forgive me for simply posting something with a bit more depth and impact. If you don't have the time to watch then fine, no one is asking you to take any time out of your life, but why even bother to post such snide remarks if you have no interest in this thread?

edit on 4/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
Still watching...i'm 22min into..

Thank you. Glad to see I didn't completely waste my time on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Very nice! One thing..some of them I had never seen before..and would like to watch separately..it would have been nice to give a link to each on screen..like the black poet..I really liked him and what he had to say..especially at the end..do you have the link to him?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

like the black poet..I really liked him and what he had to say..especially at the end..do you have the link to him?

Yeah, he's really good. I had to cut a lot of it out to, the full version is below:

I don't really have the time or energy to put together all the links, but I might do it at a later time. If you want to links to any others I will provide them.

new topics

top topics

join