It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is precognition simply "remote viewing" into alternate universes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
First off this has been posted in the Grey Area as it is strictly a personal hypothesis I have given some thought to over time. There won’t be any sites or sources mentioned or quoted, nor any proof offered as to it’s truth. Take it or leave it as you will, but please, keep the off-handed remarks to yourself if you have nothing to add.

For a long time I have what I think is called precognition. I have had quite a few very vivid dreams that have later on come true. They haven’t been earth shattering things we see here in the doom and gloom of the world, just points in time where you see something and have that overwhelming sense of de ja vu that you’ve been here before.

Above all else, most recently I have dreams of places similar to my current home, and other places I have lived, and of places I have never been to, but the odd part is they all seem familiar, like I have been there either before or for a while. They are subtly different from the waking world I know, but they still seem familiar.

For a long time also I have been intrigued by the possibility of alternate universes. Although I despise using televison as a reference, the TV show Sliders, and more recently the alternate universe of the TV series Fringe comes close to what I believe is beyond our own realm of current understanding. For those who don’t know this concept, it is simply there are multiple alternate universes, all stacked in a row alongside our own. Each is subtly different from our own, but if you actually travelled there it would seem like our world, although there would be little things you would notice that are there but not here, and vice versa.

My theory is as such, and bear in mind it is just a theory.

What if our precognition was something more simpler? That what we see when we dream is simply us opening up our subconcious mind and somehow remotely viewing an alternate universe? What if a close by universe is simply just like ours in 99% of ways, however it is a few days, or even a few months ahead of our current timeline. When we dream, we somehow cross over to “us,” the person on the other side and view their waking world in our subconcious mind. Then of course, a few days later the event passes, and we have that sense of what we think is de ja vu, but is actually our subconcious remote viewing catching up with the event we witnessed in our dreams. That seeing these familiar places is just us seeing what is going on in an alternate universe.

As I said keep in mind this is just a theory, we as humans barely understand the goings on of the universe and even much of our own brains and minds, and this could be just something we don’t fully understand yet, or even something else entirely different. I welcome thoughts and ideas, but keep it civil.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Or what if the other dimensions are exactly parallel and it is the same day in all of the alternate realities. So like maybe all of your alternate selves go to sleep at the same time and what if the minds of all of your alternate selves somehow mesh together when you are sleeping so all of the experiences of all your alternate selves all contribute to the dream. So maybe the places in our dreams seem familiar to us because it is familiar to one of our selves and if our minds are meshed together when we are dreaming then it would seem familiar to us. That would explain why a place in our dream seems familiar while we are dreaming but when we wake up, its like, what the heck?
man this is some trippy thinking lol

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I find this topic quite interesting and thought I would add another thread where someone else has seemed to have experienced precognition dreaming. Thinking you may get more insight to join there or maybe combine the two threads.

Interesting read from both perspectives .

ATS thread about Precognition dreaming

edit on 4-7-2012 by mcsandy because: correct typo

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Makes me wonder about some vivid dreams I've had in my past. For peoples sake I hope they were looks into a different universe or possibility.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I had considered this, but have had so many de ja vu moments, where something has happened in dreams that has happened in reality days later. It's nothing major, just you think or dream of say a song or movie, and sure enough its on the TV or radio within a few hours to a few days. Some say it's nothing more than synchronicity, that it's the universe responding to our thoughts, and I do agree to a point, but the dreams are very vivid, and it's always me in them, from a first person perspective.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awakened2012
Makes me wonder about some vivid dreams I've had in my past. For peoples sake I hope they were looks into a different universe or possibility.

But does it make you wonder if this is something an alternate you has experienced in another reality? It may not come to pass here, but has happened in the universe your subconcious is open to. That what we see is just something going on some place else, and if we are seeing a timeline that is in front of ours, then it happens, seeming like a de ja vu moment.

new topics

top topics

join