It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Eagle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Does anyone know the origins of the symbol of Iraq? Namely the eagle perched abover 3 stars? Looks almost American:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There are some real 'American' Americans who visit this site wouldn't like that comparison.
Suppose it depends on who had it first.
Looks a bit like the Nazi symbol too.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The first leaflet (fig. 1) shows the Iraqi eagle symbol at the left. At the right is a red triangle. The triangle is the symbol of the elite Republican Guard. Over the triangle the propagandists have printed an image of the kind a sniper might see when looking through his scope. The symbolism is clear. The coalition is taking aim at the Republican Guard. The back of the leaflet (fig. 2) shows a fainter image of the Iraqi eagle, and the Arabic text "Our targets are only the forces that back the government in Baghdad. You are not our target, but you are under observation. Do not leave your positions. Do not head south." This is just the opposite of what the coalition leaflets said during Desert Storm. At the time the Iraqis were told to leave their positions and walk towards Saudi Arabia. The coalition clearly wanted the regular troops out of harm's way while they pounded Republican Guard positions.

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexus Panther
Looks a bit like the Nazi symbol too.
Indeed it does, and I think the Pretorian guards of the Roman Empire used a similar symbol too.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
it remind me to the egyptian flag....
they have almost the exact same flag...
Check out how many countries had or they do have now
a symbol with an eagle in it, you will flip with how many countries....

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
is the sport of nobility in the middle east, and they have a great respect for birds of prey in general. It is this respect that makes it a popular symbol in the area...of nobility, respect, and power...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ugh...All I ever hear is correlations to "Preatorian Gaurd"....it gets annoying.

They died off 1600 years ago and they were nothing special.

Hell I'll give anyone a shinny penny if they even know what Praetorian means.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Turn that turkey in the other direction, it would look just like the Tecate beer logo.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT
Ugh...All I ever hear is correlations to "Preatorian Gaurd"....it gets annoying.

They died off 1600 years ago and they were nothing special.

Hell I'll give anyone a shinny penny if they even know what Praetorian means.

bent, bribable, crooked, debauched, double-dealing, exploiting, extortionate, faithless, fixed, foul, fraudulent, inconstant, iniquitous, mercenary, nefarious, open, padded, perfidious, profiteering, reprobate, rotten, shady, snide, tainted, treacherous, two-faced, underhanded, unethical, unfaithful, unprincipled, unscrupulous, untrustworthy.

Of course that's the English meaning, the latin is from Praetor roughly meaning an elected judge

Would you like my account number?

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by moonclamp]

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident

France your was right to oppose.
International laws have to be respected.
The truth is arising : no WMD, no link between Saddam (laic dictator) & Bin Laden (fanatic muslim), civilian killed by marines during strikes, military regime under General Garner power.
Colonialism at the 21st century...

God forgive America

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by VzH]

top topics

join