It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Ultracrepidarian's of ATS Guilty of Fanfaronade or are They Cacodemonomaniac's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

Here at ATS the Ultracrepidarians are Scripturient in nature therefore believing they are a Recumbentibus of thought and dictum. In this dichotomy the 'believers' are taunted with such sarcastic ridicule and ad hominim that becomes a Welter of chaos so-called debate. The Cacodemonomanians are left scrutinized and scathed for such grandiose, yet paradoxically astute, claims. What was once a Neogenesis now becomes shackled to the malaise of propagating palaver among peers. Neophytes become Fanfaronade-laden with attempts to Gorganize the public eye with superflous means of secrecy. All of which to prepare the subjugating of barbarian hordes we call the human race.

Somehow I missed this most excellent stringing of awesome words. Nice job, my friend.

I did too....weird....I didn't see this when I posted.

Although I do have to say after reading this that I am vehemently opposed to this poster's point of
view......at least I'm pretty sure I am....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Here at ATS the Ultracrepidarians are Scripturient in nature therefore believing they are a Recumbentibus of thought and dictum. In this dichotomy the 'believers' are taunted with such sarcastic ridicule and ad hominim that becomes a Welter of chaos so-called debate. The Cacodemonomanians are left scrutinized and scathed for such grandiose, yet paradoxically astute, claims. What was once a Neogenesis now becomes shackled to the malaise of propagating palaver among peers. Neophytes become Fanfaronade-laden with attempts to Gorganize the public eye with superflous means of secrecy. All of which to prepare the subjugating of barbarian hordes we call the human race.

Somehow I missed this most excellent stringing of awesome words. Nice job, my friend.

I did too....weird....I didn't see this when I posted.

Although I do have to say after reading this that I am vehemently opposed to this poster's point of
view......at least I'm pretty sure I am....

I am vehemently opposed to your opposition. But not in a negative way

edit on 4-7-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thankyou for your kind words, maybe i'm unwittingly being shrouded in mystery?? Ugh..yet another conspiracy to unravel
edit on 4-7-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Fanfaronade:
Swaggering; empty boasting; blustering manner or behavior; ostentatious display.

I am quite familiar with this French word, whose speakers oftern refer to the perpetrator of such behavior as 'un fanfaron'.

Recumbentibus

A knockout punch, either verbal or physical.

I don't believe I've ever heard a sportcaster or political commentator use this one, but I'd love to.

As for words I like
to palliate, palliation,
Med: to cloak, relieve the severity (Easing the severity of a pain or a disease without removing the cause)
Legl: to cause a fault or offense to seem less grave or less reprehensible: palliate a crime (think lawyers defending accused drunk drivers who've killed others, child molesters, etc)

eudemonism, I strive to be a eudemonist
In ethics, a moral system based upon the performance of right actions to achieve happiness: Do what is right and leave the wrong alone. (Based on Romans 12, or maybe I Ching?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join