It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies Provoking Strange Behavior

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

"I still wonder why I had such a odd connection and reaction with it..."

im not trying to be a jerk but i think you answered your own question,,

"Usually movies stir emotions in some type of way "

my question would be,,,,would you have these feelings; "I have a deep gut feeling (woman's intuition?) that something like this is coming for us."

if you had not seen the movie,,,, or if you have not ever come across any internet doom, would you still have these feelings?

a raw version of my question,,, if you were born in a cabin in the woods the same day you were born,, and never had contact with civilization, would you, at this point in your life, feel these feelings ( i know you cant answer for real but if you think about it do you think you would?)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Movies have always had an unquestionable ability to bring out the best or the worst in people. They can inspire, sadden, bring about feelings of elation or in some cases, trigger mental illness. It's unavoidable that there are people out there that movies can have an extreme negative effect upon. There are over 7 billion people in this world with different brain chemistry and family (or even the lack there of) backgrounds. Movies have tended to become more dark over the years. It's a sign I believe, in some ways of a de-evolving social climate. Every day you turn on the news there is more tragedy. It will have an effect on you regardless of who you are, where you are from or what your background is. I love the Rocky movies. When I watch them I feel like I want to go beat up my neighbor. But... I also hate my neighbor. The foul language in a lot of movies is what people (especially young people) over the years adapted to enjoy and even idolize. Imagine if the cussing were cut out completely. It would not be such an interesting movie to many any more.

<< 1  2   >>

join