It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies Provoking Strange Behavior

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ok this is a little far-fetched, but that's what most of us are here for on this site, are we not?

So I have a friend who has a friend. I have never met this kid nor have I even seen pictures of him or anything, but I feel as if I do not need to know this person to understand the strangeness of the event. From what I understand from my friends that knew him, he was a very well-mannered and sophisticated kid with a good amount going for him. He had a girlfriend and several friends with whom he partied with on a weekly basis.

So, now getting into the gray area, this kid watched the movie "Chronicle" a couple weeks ago. Within days after seeing the movie, he believed he could do anything. He would ramble numbers to himself proclaiming that he was God. One morning he woke up at 6:06 a.m. and believed he heard the devils voice before he woke up and the devil told him to wake up and look at the clock. Of course, this kid had already fallen off the deep end, so he thought at this point that he was fighting with the devil in his own subconscious. I have no idea guys, but this movie seemed to have triggered something in this mild mannered kid that literally made him go mad. He thinks everything revolves around numbers and numerology is all this kid cares about anymore. It is really as if this kid is possessed. Currently he is in a psyche ward rehabbing, but things do not seem to be improving.

I'm just looking for some input on this because I was thinking about doing a case study on him, but don't know if it necessarily safe. Any questions or comments are appreciated in advance.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My heart goes out to him. They got him.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
He had a psychotic break.

It can happen, as its a friend of a friend of a friends cousin, who use to live with this dude, who dated a girl type of story.

You can't really know this dudes mental state now can you? Did he have a history? would even a friend know if he was going to consoling?

No proof it was the movie that set him off.
edit on 3-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Movies can make people do crazy stuff that's for sure.. in the sense that you are suggesting that i do not know.

But look at the Jackass series and all the hoards of fanboys who were imitating them and making videos of their own...

In regards to you friend, i am sorry to hear about what he went through. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but are you aware if he suffered from schizophrenia at all?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

I don't know about "Chronicle" (good movie), but "Passion of the Christ" does some weird stuff to people...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't know about "Chronicle" (good movie), but "Passion of the Christ" does some weird stuff to people...

Dont forget the behavior of some concerning Harry Potter and LOTR.
Not as extreme as the OP though. Sure sounds like schizophrenia to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
He had a psychotic break.

It can happen, as its a friend of a friend of a friends cousin, who use to live with this dude, who dated a girl type of story.

You can't really know this dudes mental state now can you? Did he have a history? would even a friend know if he was going to consoling?

No proof it was the movie that set him off.
edit on 3-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

He did not have a history, but he had just moved in with my friend and he was a very-laid back kid from what I understand. HE was in a down point in his life according to his mom, and my friend believes that he is possessed by the devil or a demon because he thinks that evil will take you over at your lowest point. He was not going to counseling.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

He was tested for all sicknesses and all results came back as negative...that is why I find this very odd

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Yes, movies make people do crazy-stupid things. For instance, I have six Harry Potter tattoos on my left arm. Although, they were not the result of Daniel Radcliff's acting abilities, I just loved the book series.

Your friend's friend probably just went through some kind of psychotic manic breakdown.

What's the movie "Chronicle" about?
edit on 3-7-2012 by chanel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

chronicle is about 3 kids who get a reaction from a radioactive "thing" and they obtain great superpowers and can basically do anything they set their mind too. This kid believes he can do anything and literally calls himself God. It's super weird...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Wow thats pretty crazy. I believe though that for a movie like that to affect someone that much to push him to a point where he ends up in a psych ward he would have had to be a little bit off before he ever watched the movie.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZodiacx
reply to post by Jeedawg

He was tested for all sicknesses and all results came back as negative...that is why I find this very odd

Well, with my experience with a family member... teen who appeared to just wake up schizophrenic one day.. there are a lot of internal things that you dont notice were happening with the person until you see it in retrospect. The numbers and devil thing are a common theme with schizophrenia. With Jerry he just flipped one day so it seemed. He will be 38 in August and pretty pleasant when heavily medicated.. but he goes off of it all the time and has periods of homelessness and sometimes jail and hospitalization. Its just a strange thing. Obsessions with demons, devils and government people. Kinda like an extreme form of what some here suffer from LOL!!

My grandmother said that schizophrenia was just a person born without a veil or having had the veil removed and they see the scary things around us and the demons.. and it drives them mad. This doesnt help much but its an interesting idea anyway!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I understand, but it was almost as if it flipped a switch in him that just made him go off. He literally has nothing to say other than references to the movie and how he can do things and that we will all see when he is able to fly...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

Yes, movies make people do crazy-stupid things. For instance, I have six Harry Potter tattoos on my left arm. Although, they were not the result of Daniel Radcliff's acting abilities, I just loved the book series.

Your friend's friend probably just went through some kind of psychotic manic breakdown.

What's the movie "Chronicle" about?
edit on 3-7-2012 by chanel because: (no reason given)

Admiration.... even over the top admiration.. and slipping into some pathological fantasy world that prevents living in the real world and maneuvering in the real world are 2 different things

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Jeedawg

Well, with my experience with a family member... teen who appeared to just wake up schizophrenic one day.. there are a lot of internal things that you dont notice were happening with the person until you see it in retrospect. The numbers and devil thing are a common theme with schizophrenia. With Jerry he just flipped one day so it seemed. He will be 38 in August and pretty pleasant when heavily medicated.. but he goes off of it all the time and has periods of homelessness and sometimes jail and hospitalization....

Your comment really got to me as our family is going through the same thing. My cousin seemingly 'woke up' schizophrenic one day. In retrospect, we can now see the subtle clues he gave away growing up...

He did the exact same things. He would disappear for weeks and end up homeless in another city. He went to jail several times and it was just overall hell for the whole family.

When they keep up with their medications they are pleasant and almost like their normal selves, but that is the problem most of the time. They start to think they do not need the meds anymore and the cycle starts over.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I still think i am 12 feet tall weigh 1400 lbs super muscular and my name is Prometheus. Its been 2 weeks since i saw the movie

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

How old is this "kid?" Between 18 and 27? Sounds like could be manifesting schizophrenia and it's usually between those ages that it first appears, though there are other things it could be. It's quite likely he had stuff going on in his mind for a while before showing these behaviors, but it's possible he latched onto something in that movie (or possibly some other source) that became the focus of his delusions.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Ya he is 18. That's what I thought although I am not very familiar with schizophrenia. I understand they have a common theme that their madness is based around.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg

reply to post by Jeedawg

Well, with my experience with a family member... teen who appeared to just wake up schizophrenic one day.. there are a lot of internal things that you dont notice were happening with the person until you see it in retrospect. The numbers and devil thing are a common theme with schizophrenia. With Jerry he just flipped one day so it seemed. He will be 38 in August and pretty pleasant when heavily medicated.. but he goes off of it all the time and has periods of homelessness and sometimes jail and hospitalization....

Your comment really got to me as our family is going through the same thing. My cousin seemingly 'woke up' schizophrenic one day. In retrospect, we can now see the subtle clues he gave away growing up...

He did the exact same things. He would disappear for weeks and end up homeless in another city. He went to jail several times and it was just overall hell for the whole family.

When they keep up with their medications they are pleasant and almost like their normal selves, but that is the problem most of the time. They start to think they do not need the meds anymore and the cycle starts over.

I feel for you. I dont know how his parents handle it. He is the youngest kid of theirs and they are elderly. There isnt the best healthcare on the rez and he usually gets into town, wanders a lot... pretty scary because there is so much danger.
But yeah, in retrospect.. you can see it was coming but never knew it. Its so sad. He'd start thinking that the meds had poison in them or had tracking devices that went in his blood. He would stop taking the meds and run off to hide. WHen he was picked up here or there he was cut up.. bleeding out the tracking devices. Its just a hideous disease.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I personally believe that schizophrenia is poorly understood by both the psychiatrists (majority of them, anyway) - and the general public, who hear a list of symptoms and go 'yeah, must be schizophrenic'. That reaction is very evident in this thread, and shows that many people here to deny ignorance are actually fuelling ignorance by believing the propaganda being pumped out at us for the past fifty years or so.

Apparently, the people who funded the team of scientists who developed the term schizophrenia and the list of associated symptoms were the very same that funded the old MK-Ultra projects. Or so I heard.

Would be interesting to do a bit of research and find out if there is any truth to my own 'once removed from source' tale of origins.

I have personally suffered from a schizo-affective disorder, when I was young, and it was only after becoming a Christian that I was quite literally healed of the condition. I'm guessing I will be shot down in flames for saying so, but I believe that the base elements of schizophrenia are caused by spiritual interference by demonic powers, and that some of the more complex manifestations of the patient's delusions can be caused by demonically inspired media, and organised gang stalking. Both these elements of persecution are perpetrated by those who are aware that many people are, or a specific person is, being spiritually targeted by the demonic rulers of a nation/ area. These human perpetrators are essentially Satanists. They are members of a temple built upon a foundation of wealthy, organised and ruthless bastards, and they live to serve the dark powers of the heavenly realms.

Take it or leave it. I'm guessing that many of you will leave it - but who knows, maybe some of you will have a bit more compassion for the victims of such horrific ordeals.

God bless.
edit on 3-7-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join