It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams a link to our past?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Over the years I have come to the conclusion that dreams are just an amalgamation of our memories.

But we have dreams that do not match with anything we have experienced in life, like certain emotions.

Ever since I was a child I have experienced a dream that I cannot fully understand, but recurrs very frequently.

The feeling is the only sense in the dream that I can describe.

It feelign like I am being squashed, squashed by something I cannot 'see' in the dream but I know it rolls over me slowing repeatedly. As an empath I also sense a feeling of pure glee coming from somewhere as I am being squashed.

I have this dream roughly once a month while asleep, now here's where it gets strange.

I get this feeling when I am awake.

I have even gone catatonic (only word I can describe it as) a few times. It may be a weird form of epilepsy as sounds or a certain pattern trigger the sensation - but I have been tested for this stuff while entering the Australian Defence Force with no outcome.

I do not freeze everytime, most of the time i just stop in my tracks and usually swear and break out in a sweat.

I've also had experience with aliens and ghosts (either in reality or damn realistic dreams - not sure). I have scars after some dreams, scratch marks on my arms that do not match my hands.

My conclusion is that we are reviewing experiences we have from previous lifetimes. There is something powerful about dreams.

Anyone here agree with my idea?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe what you are experiencing is the vibration sensation that you get before astral projection?? this feels like a great force is acting on your chest area and your body feels very heavy indeed.....just a thought

As for dreams i believe them to be creations of our subconcious (and sometimes conscious) mind- significant in the way that they express our deepest feelings. However i also believe that the bit in between going to sleep and waking up is very mysterious and so I believe that you could almost certainly be reliving the memories of previous lives, but not this alone..

What happened in your dreams the night before the scratch marks appeared??

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The relation between dreams and metal diseases:
When we speak of the relation of dreams to metal derangement, we may mean three different things: 1. aetiological and clinical relations, as when a dream represents or initiates a psychotic condition, or occurs subsequently to such condition. 2. changes which the dream life undergose in cases of mental disease, 3. inner relations beween dreams and psychoses, analogies which point to an intimate relationship. These manifold relations between the two series of phenomena were in the early days of medical science and are once more at the present time a favourite theme of medical writers. As to the clinical and aetiological relations between dreams and the psychoses, there are many conclusions. A terrifying anxiety dream, and that the predominating idea is relating to this dream,
psychosis may come to life quite suddenly, also called hysterical paralysis, it is mental derangement or other disorders such as epileptic attacks, also alcoho can play in this role as well. I would seek some attention from
someone in this type of medical profession. To rule out any systems of health warnings. To the topic listed above, can you view past lifes. That is the topic I was interested discussing, oh well ......
ty

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It feelign like I am being squashed, squashed by something I cannot 'see' in the dream but I know it rolls over me slowing repeatedly. As an empath I also sense a feeling of pure glee coming from somewhere as I am being squashed.

My conclusion is that we are reviewing experiences we have from previous lifetimes. There is something powerful about dreams.

Anyone here agree with my idea?

==========excerpt of post on dreaming ====

agree?? not exactly, i'm more inclined to think that our dream are our brains trying to communicate in recognizable symbols & emotions about our ongoing body processes....the cells and organs of your body are communicating to the brain [performing as regulator / modulator]
which sends stimuli as needed-->

for instance, dream of falling scene...your body reacts..and you wake yourself with the frantic flailing of your arms or whatever--> might your senses have subtly picked up muffled sounds or tiny vibrations? and the brain/ as sentinel-regulator sought to avert a possible life/stress situation that could not be ignored....WAKE UP the message was, wake-up Alertly!!

of course past lives could also do...because we gotta access everything that can help us survive & sustain life...thats primal in nature

[edit on 7-10-2004 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
What happened in your dreams the night before the scratch marks appeared??

Heres the weird bit, I ca NEVER remember what I dream about - I just remember that they were very vivid and had to do with the squashing sensation.

As for mental disease, I have been tested for everything under the sun. I was granted a 6 out of 7 when I entered the military. A 7 is impossible to get, it's just a ceiling grade. So my brain functions perfectly.

I was suspecting a form of Epilepsy. It happenes when i HEAR certain patterns (this is how it differs from traditional epilepsy). I could be listening to music, hitting a pen on the desk or playing a videogame (it happened a lot when I played the Silo Level on Golden Eye).

It's weird. I'll go long periods of time with no problems, then it will happen all the time.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
sounds like temporal lobe or some sort of partial epilepsy. If its disturbing your life a referral to a neurologist and EEG with exposure to suspected stimuli eg while playing your game, should be diagnostic.

new topics

top topics

join