It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"there could be life out there that's billions of years old."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Every where we look we find places where life could be teaming, and as a race we still think we are the center of the universe. So why is it still even a question in our minds any more? We know the answer and still we choose to live in the dark. What will it take for us to awake? So why don't we see them why are they not here? There is some evidence that we are in ether a wilderness preserve, or are quarantine form the rest. Planets in our galaxy are stated as older, much older than our own and many of these planets could support life. We have only reached the blackness of space 45 years ago just imagine how a civilization 200 years more advanced than us is dking.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I;m sure with fukushima the way it is, if there are an observers in space looking at Earth with an X-ray Chandra type satellite or so , I'm sure they would now be scared to choose this planet as planet to head to seeing that it will most likely be ruined forever! So if we see any planets to head to, make sure they aren't into Nuclear Energy because we apparently don't have the technology to deal with any type of disaster from nuclear energy as you can see today! Maybe dark matter or cold fusion can solve our radiation problems? We don't even have Machinery or Mech's that can be remote controlled construction vehicles to work in dangerous situations like Fukushima! This is a serious flaw that seems to be overlooked for some reason, Why? They need to entomb the area top to bottom for now until better science and research can be done to create a way to neutralize or rid radiation easier, if it is even possible the half-life process, which I believe can be done. So we must find an opposite to radiation, fight fire with fire and find a negative radiation which may help figure out how to find an answer?....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XstanX888
There is some evidence that we are in ether a wilderness preserve, or are quarantine form the rest.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There is? I've sure never seen any evidence to support that. Some sci-fi plots maybe, but nothing beyond that sort of speculation. If there's actual evidence to support that notion, I'd sure like to see it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We're a fluke, a screw-up, a major deformity in natures basic plan. Billions of life forms, be it animal, insect, plant, etc., have lived on earth throughout billions of years. Every one of those life forms had a purpose to thrive and survive. Any planet in the universe that can sustain life, will have life with the same purpose and only that purpose. There's no reason in nature for any species to go as far beyond survival as we have. That, being proven in earth being billions of years old with billions of different life forms and different cycles of life forms, none of which had any ability to think beyond it's own survival and no natural reason for it to. We're a rare fluke.

I absolutely believe there's life out there. Types of life we can't even relate to. Intelligent life too, as with earth. But it's an extremely rare case. "Natures" objective or path isn't one to go down a road of A to Z with complicated twists and turns. It's a basic A to B path with some turns. Everything that has ever lived has taken that "simple" path. The path has had deviations, but they all dealt with survival. Be it evolving camouflage, killing, food forging, etc. skills. They all came back on the path of survival. But, human beings are the only ones that skewed far off that path.

As far as finding that rare intelligent life in our lifetime, I think is even rarer. Just look at the time frame human beings are in, in relation to the age of the universe. Could happen, but if you step back and look at the overall picture it's a very small chance.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join