It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism in Banking - Esoteric ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please move is so. I thought I would create a nice thread with some pictures of banking logos which may be esoteric or hold relevance of some other kind, to start I have added a few examples from UK banks, including some famous ones. Please add any others from where you are.

With the exception of Barings, these banks are all still running in one form or another, in some cases they have been bought out.

Barclays

Germanic eagle, similar to that of the 3rd Reich and Imperial rome

You will notice the 3 crowns, is this is representation of the Babylonian Fleur de Lis?

Barings

Now defunct, the most esoteric of them all, this was the Queens bank until they went bust, they are now owned by ING who have Orange Lion symbolising House of Orange-Nassau

C. Hoare & co

Golden bottle symbol

UKs only private deposit bank also has two-headed eagle motif similar to that or Imperial rome and the Rothschild family crest inside as shown in a link below featuring Cliff Crumpton head of finance.

Any idea what the golden bottle denotes? I believe it is to do with magic though the official explaination is
"Gilded objects were a popular choice for goldsmiths' signs, denoting luxury and wealth"

In the below link you can see the double headed eagle, the pic was too big too add.
ww1.prweb.com...

It is apparently

Part of the Hoare family coat of arms since the early 1700s. The sculpture sits at the end of the ground floor corridor of 37 Fleet Street and was created by Jonathan Kenworthy.

www.hoaresbank.co.uk...

EDIT just reading their history, this bit is interesting

Sir Richard Hoare (1st Kt), 1713

The bank's founder, a prominent local citizen, was elected Lord Mayor of London in 1712. On top of his framed portrait sits the City of London's coat of arms.

Two of Sir Richard's descendents have also served as Lord Mayor; Sir Richard Hoare (2nd Kt) in 1745-46, and Sir Frederick Alfred Hoare in 1961-62.

Coutts

The most elitist bank I know of in the UK, their first branch outside of London was in Eton
New logo

Old logo

again we see this 3 crowns

Dunbar Bank

Another eagle

Halifax

Is it really a cross or above and below pyramids?

HSBC

A logo containing 6 pyramids

Lloyds
A black horse, the symbology of which is Mystery, death, night, secret, messenger of esoteric knowledge

Natwest

A recycle logo, though it kind of reminds me of the snake eating its tail, I forget the name of that.
On wikipedia it says it is said either to symbolise circulation of money in the financial system or the bank's three constituents.

Perhaps it symbolises money laundering?

Standard Chartered

edit on 2-7-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's a few more of the major banks from my city:

The Royal Bank of Canada

Note how these banks are transnational. Helps paint the picture to realize this

Scotia Bank

This one, someone once said, looks like an "S" for serpent/snake along with a reptilian eye

Peace Hills Trust

This is an evil lending company, it's not a bank. Their plan is to bankrupt Native American communities. But notice how the two "teepee's" could also resemble a smaller and bigger pyramid..

Bank of Montreal / BMO (bee-mo)

And this one just takes the cake. You have the number "13" as well as owl symbolism

[edit]: Sorry - I'm unable to upload photos so I was left with external links.
edit on 2-7-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: few errors

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My older brother, was Ivy League educated.

He is currently the VP at a medium sized US bank (each bank has many many VP's ), at one point he was a VP at one of the MAJOR US banks, he left that one in disgust before any of the finanical crisis even started.

Ive always wanted to ask him about "banking" society hes always going places for "conferences" that sound like just excuses to party.

Hes always been tight lipped about anything he does however, can't get info outta him.

I understand their are regulations and such for these things that prevent him talking about bank business, but can't get anything outta him.

I do however know some of his "philosophies", lots of eastern stuff mixed into his beliefs, lots of things like symbols mater and stuff.

Much of the supposed Illuminati stuff focuses on the symbols being more than just symbols as well.
edit on 2-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Let's also not forget the Merrill Lynch bull. To me it looks very reminiscent of the golden calf fashioned by Moses' followers.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
tHey are possibly / variably interpreted by biblical ascriptions , literal symbolism from revelation , and including old testament legendary symbolism and mystifying prophecies , often the best and traditionally hardest to find , but simplest and shortest ones .

where it comes from imo , is the aristocratic connections with the monarch , eg in uk the order of the garter etc , knighthoods , coats of arms

the monarchy , being the institution designated fit for governance in the kingdom if Israel , and thus in the united kingdom . on this basis , honour among men , an equal servitude to god queen and country , business and justice and society , can happily be acheived .
and as the saying goes , if God doesnt like it , he wont save the king . So you can trust the banks , they are with the monarch , where the money power and treasures , the government the armed forces and the police are

edit on 2-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join