It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bikers Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
After 18 years out of the saddle while raising my daughter on my own, I now have an empty nest so went out and bought myself another motorcycle to pick up where I left off.

While my health has been poor, (I'm still kicking) this lovely machine has brought me back to life. Each day, riding rain hail or shine, puts a BIG smile on my face and I feel more alive than ever before.

One day at a time, one smile at a time, one road at a time.

This is Pearl

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I had a CBF1100R, the gold edition with the gold wheels. I think from memory the CB900F was the silver edition that had silver wheels. That bike was epic.

Hondas, even cars have always been 10 years ahead of their time. Amazing machines.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I have only read your opening post...

It's a rice burner,real motorcycles have Harley written
somewhere on them!
I haven't been on the back of a motorcycle since 1982.
I can't believe that it has been 30 years and it wasn't a
Harley.I would love to be on one just once before I die.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
Nice thread. Those ZX7 are getting hard to find!

I've had three. The other was almost exactly the same, but it had white wheels, and was stock. I've also had a ZX6R the 600 Kwaka, but it wasn't fast enough for me, so I traded it up for the current 750. It has a completely custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with extractors, stage two race cam and quad re-jetted 250cfm twin barrell carbs. It's basically a road legal race bike, and has spent quite a bit of time on the track, and is kitted for nitrous.

79 KZ650

My father has the 84 version of the KZ650, it looks almost exactly like this, but has the pack rack on the back. I'm hoping to inherit it one day.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

somewhere on them!

Hey now, if it's got two wheels it's ok in my book.

In Aust the Harleys aren't as common as the US, even the cruisers tend to be the Japanese Hondas and Yamahas. I guess I've always loved the shape and speed of the Kawasakis, Hondas and Yamahas. There's just something ultimately feminine about the shape of any bike. But I do love Harleys. To me there like the old school muscle cars.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Is that yours? That is brilliant. I love the custom choppers, especially the theme bikes.

And no, by all means, post away. The more the better. I just wanted a place ATS bikers could come and put up their pics of their treasured rides.

Seems like we've got quite the biker community here

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

My first bike was the same, a little custom bike frame we made with my dad with a lawnmower engine with a centrifugal clutch. Wasn't huge on power but to a 6yo, it was heaven.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

somewhere on them!

Really man, Really?
You are completely wrong! You obviously have no concept of what a "Real" Motorcycle is with an attitude like that. Why do people seem to cop a "I'm better then you cause I own a Harley" attitude? Or "if it isn't a Harley it isn't a real bike" Stop with the my bike is better then yours BS and enjoy the god damn ride. spouting off like that only makes you look like an a$$.

I don't want any damn harley beef jerky

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yah it's an older pic, its currently under construction. I love custom choppers too especially the fantasy type. I am working on turning it into a dragon. I dont want to give away my design until its done but it is based off this one

I am putting a lot more detail and paintwork into it but you get the idea.

k more pics lol

edit on 3-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That will be brilliant when finished, I can't wait to see the end result.

This is a better pic of Ruby taken today.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

That is clean! Love that bike! Definetly post pics of what you are doing to it!
I worked on a 2000 ZX-6 for a good friend of mine. Fun bike!

Wheelies way easier then my 72 hp of vintage fury.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

At the moment it's probably going to be custom paintwork, when and if I get around to it.

I have recently moved to a rural property, so atm thinking of trading or even buying a road/trail, as there are lots of off-road tracks nearby, something I couldn't take the ZX7 on.

She's only just been transported from my old residence though, so will se how it goes first.

BTW those two are beautiful bikes, I had a 250 similar to the green one many years ago, in fact it was the first bike I went down on after being blown off the road by a semi.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

At the moment it's probably going to be custom paintwork, when and if I get around to it.

I have recently moved to a rural property, so atm thinking of trading or even buying a road/trail, as there are lots of off-road tracks nearby, something I couldn't take the ZX7 on.

She's only just been transported from my old residence though, so will se how it goes first.

BTW those two are beautiful bikes, I had a 250 similar to the green one many years ago, in fact it was the first bike I went down on after being blown off the road by a semi.

What are ya thinking for paint?

Im pretty rural as well, But a road bike is very neccisary with the prices of gas around here! I would love a dual sport. Ive been keeping my eye out for a 450cc+

You cant knee drag and rip up the twisties on a trail/road bike like you could with the zx-7.
But you cant cruise around on the backtrails on a zx-7 like you could on a road/trail bike.

Decisions, decisions!

Thanks man, I love my 550. Never gonna sell it. It is a pretty rare bike.
Smaller bikes like mine tend to get blown around quite a bit by semi drafts and what not. I am always expecting it! Gotta tighten up the grip and hunker down when you see it coming.

edit on 3-7-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Not quite sure yet, have a few ideas but having just moved one end of the country to the other, money is an issue right now.

I was a newbie when I was taken down by the truck, had only been riding six months or so and got picked up by a draught off the back as I passed it. Taught me a good lesson about bikes vs. other vehicles.

I was thinking something around 500-650cc for a road trail, but haven't decided yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My first bike was a little Kawasaki, 80cc. Very green. lol. Back in the day, it use to get me to all the places I needed to go when I was still in school.

Then I moved up to a Honda NSR250RR, it was a two stroke monster! Sooo much power, although you had to rev it up really high to make use of it.

Next I had a Yamaha SRX 400, kinda like a cafe racer, so much torque, big old thumper, single piston. Drove like a super motard. Loved it too

Currently I am bike less, but I am saving up, for either a Yamaha R1, or a Suzuki Hayabusa!!

vvv

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As promised a pic of my bike! I took it enroute to the TT-Assen Circuit in the Netherlands (MotoGP)!

Can't upload it to ATS uploads for some IO error so it's behind a link.. (ill try to correct it later)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There we go, as promised! =)
edit on 5-7-2012 by Elexio because: Sorry for the double posts, but i couldnt edit my previous posts anymore, so this time one without a hyperlink!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

That is awesome, looks like the old streetfighter look from the 80s. Looks as tough as hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Here's my noble steed

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Wow, that is a monster....

What are the specs on her?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join