It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving souls... converting those evil non believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Im not sure if this really belongs in the rant section but whatever. My question is why do religious people continually pester people and try to convert them to their belief? For them it must be like talking to a tree stump and to the rest of us its like having someone from the insane asylum telling us that the majority of the world is insane and that the giant muffin people of gorgon 7.22441133 are our supreme overlords and will judge us when the great bake sale in the sky is upon us. If we dont believe in the muffin men they will throw us in the oven of eternity.

anyways someone please shed some light on the futility of it all.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If you believed that an unrepentant person will spend the afterlife in hell, would you try to convert them? They see it as an act of love and kindness. Sorry if that bothers you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I know that is the intention of some but not most. And you would think that even the people with good intentions would catch a hint and realize that what they are doing is bothersome and impolite.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Oh, you're concerned about people doing futile things? Then why do we get up? Our lives are short, we will not be remembered, our posessions will vanish, our planet will be destroyed, everything in the universe will end in heat death. Why bother?

I'm not taking a position on the value of prosletyzing, but you get up because you don't believe it's futile, they tell you about their religion because they don't believe it's futile.

"Can't we all just get along?"

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

My question is why do religious people continually pester people and try to convert them to their belief?

Because they have been commanded to do so by Jesus Christ. It is called the "Great Commision".

Mark 16:15-16

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

edit on 7/1/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Life can be painful and it doesn't need to be. God created us in love to love and not to judge others. The truth is, none of the people who try to convert you have any idea if you're going to hell or if they're not. Most probably don't really understand the concept of heaven and hell anyway. Roman Catholicism was one the first organizations the secret societies infiltrated and took over, and the protestant movement has been theirs from the beginning. Those people who come up to you and tell you you're hellbound have been deceived for the purpose of either attracting fools or driving away thinking folks.
The fact is though, that when Jesus was on Earth, he severely damaged the hopes and intentions of the old mystery school gang and they worked very hard to wipe out, discredit, and warp his message, his Church and his divinity. Jesus truly is the way, the truth and the life; but you can't decipher it from the book men wrote about it, you have to become part of it to understand it. A church was built over the tomb Jesus was buried in and rose from in Jerusalem shorty afterwards, find out who built it and maintains it and you'll be on the right path if you want to ever find out what Christianity is ACTUALLY about.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
My question is why do religious people continually pester people...

Simple, so that when the TRUTH comes, you will REFUSE to believe it.

False religion is the biggest mind control OP in the history of the world.

Ignore EVERYTHING they say.

You HAVE been deceived, the 2nd post says ALL you need to know...

Until you learn to tell the difference between truth and lies, you have a massive problem on your hands.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

And you're to be believed because...?

Either it's all a lie, or it's true.
Better hope you're right, mr smarty-pants.

Edit: oh I get it now. Someone who believes prophecy and a book claiming to be the word of God is dumber than believing a youtube video... gotcha.
edit on 7/1/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
“The giant muffin people of gorgon 7.22441133”

Now that you have mentioned my secret homeland on the internet, I will need to kill you……

Yes OP, I wish they would go away too - I don’t like my independent news and current affairs with a side order of babbling religious crazy!

Yes, plain crazy is fine….. please continue all the plain crazies, I was not singling you out.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

oh I get it now...

I really wish you DID.

Hope is no substitute for facts...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

My question is why do religious people continually pester people and try to convert them to their belief?

Because they have been commanded to do so by Jesus Christ. It is called the "Great Commision".

Mark 16:15-16

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

edit on 7/1/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

It is the great commission, but at the same time i'm not going to berate and constantly try to beat it into someone's head, thats counterproductive and like talking to a brick wall. Most people in the westernized world know enough to seek him on their own. Better to find that one brokenhearted and destitute soul to minister to who will recieve the gift.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The more people they can get to believe in their religion, the better they feel about it.

Richard Dawkins said it best "If you have the delusion that you are Napoleon, it must be a lonely feeling because know one else believes that you are. Your faith that you are Napoleon needs a lot of shoring up. These people on the other hand, thousands of them, all share the same delusion. It must give great reinforcement to their faith. It teaches them not to think, not to probe in the teeth of reality and in light of all the evidence."

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Can you see light? If you could, you would only see light everywhere. Air molecules are smaller than the frequency of light, therefore, light does not reflect off of air. Light reflects and reveals what it touches, as in a mirror. You are not actually seeing the light. You are seeing what the light reveals. The light is hidden.

Hebrews 11
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Light is the prima materia for our reality. Any physicist will tell you that light quanta generates our reality in the form of hydrogen bonds. Water is necessary for life and consciousness to exist. The Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics demonstrates that the observer collapses the indeterminate wave of probably outcomes into the particle. In other words, consciousness creates matter and not the other way around.

Hydrogen is where it starts. Hydrogen from a star is in a balanced state of one proton and one electron. There is no neutral neutron present. The electron and proton are in a balanced state of positive and negative. From this starting point of balance, a neutral is placed in all other elements. For instance, the mark of mankind is Carbon (6 Protons, 6 Neutrons and 6 Electrons). Nitrogen and Oxygen are 777 and 888. Each of these numbers are placed in the Bible, but like light, you won't know until you seek. The breath you have been given by God is there so that you can share the word you seek. When all symbols are reduced to their root, the word is at the core.

For instance, an acorn contains DNA. This DNA expresses and unfolds to the 75 foot Oak tree. The union of soil, water and light create the expression of form that you see as the oak tree. The sperm and egg come together after two people come together in love. Two become one and then a third is created. That third is created in the water and veiled from the outside in the womb. When the baby is brought from darkness to light, eyes are opened and the next union of soul and spirit takes place. Our baptism into the water of reality then allows us to grow in the second womb of the earth. If we fail to bear fruit, we return to the baptism of water again. Jesus said, you must be born again.

If we succeed to use the Word properly, we bear fruit in our own lives and for the lives of others. By bearing fruit, what is unseen above, beyond this veiled womb, creates the next new life above. The universe is a tree of life. If you choose to deny that any of this exists, you are merely raising yourself above God in pride. The point is to find God and gain union with His Spirit in love. The way to do this is to find the WORD. The WORD is Jesus, the living representation of God's work in mankind. Deny it if you choose, but nothing about the Bible can be reasoned by human understanding. As a result of our own history, God reflects the light to our minds eye and defies our reasoning of the process. The proof is in His Word. We are the neutral observer of God. We choose the negative or positive. God separates the darkness and the light. Only love remains. Those who find it after the final judgment of mankind will cling to what their choices dictate. The Christian is merely trying to show the way. Let your light shine.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The WORD is a mirror. What do you find if you look beyond the veil?

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 2-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Reflect on what I said above. God is on the other side of the image. What are we?

Genesis 1

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

We are God looking at himself, but only in the sense that he has placed His spirit as an observer in us. He sees both sides of the veil. We see only our side as a neutral observer. We are then given the Holy Spirit later when we find union. It's like a computer screen that God has placed his consciousness inside (Like the Sims). We are a created reality, but God's consciousness resides in ours. God's image is the mirror that we are INSIDE. Further, we are not able to look to the other side of the image. God's Spirit is what animates us inside the image. He is part of us, yet gives our soul control of the image. The Bible says, "To be absent from the body is to be present with God."

When you look in a mirror, what do you see? You see an image of yourself. God states that we are HIS image inside an artificial image created by WORD. What is word? What is DNA? Programming!!! We are INSIDE HIS PROGRAMMED reality. As the Bible states, we are the temple of the Spirit of God. What is HIS promise?

His promise is that we can come back to Him when we die, but only if we find union with the Spirit in love. What we get on the other side is a body and autonomy in His Kingdom. His Kingdom requires love. Are you real if you are in an IMAGE? Is your reflection in a mirror you? No. You are somewhere else. The image is the way God raises us like a child.

GOD IS LOVE. DEATH IS AN ILLUSIONS. Can you see the light I am shining? If you can't, you have not sought God. The bridge between here and there is virtue. Apart from embracing God by name (Character), we take the name in vain. Blindness is caused by lack of effort on our part. Faith is what God develops in us when we seek.

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Until you show God love in the reflection, you will only reflect your state in the matter. God reveals Himself to those who seek him in love. For everyone else, there is only darkness behind the veil. We are all blind men describing fire. For the Christian, we have seen what the light reveals.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

With all this said, let me simply answer your question: We share the love of God with our brothers for one reason. We are charged by God to do unto others as we would do to ourselves. This is because we are all one in God's eyes. We are all part of Him. When we mistreat others, we mistreat God. Sin can only take from what God gave us all. Our Earth is a reflection of these choices. Our fruit of knowledge and the image we create inside technology, can only take. Technology--our use of the fruit of knowledge--does not give back or biodegrade. God's bio-mechanical technology can only give back.

The apple is the Word we took from God in the garden. The Apple logo, with the bite out of it....What does that image suggest to you? It suggests that the story is written into our DNA. Seek it and I will continue to try and wake you up to the reasons you should. I wouldn't love you if I didn't.

Do you see light? You only see what the light reveals for you. Your image is either God's or yours alone in the dark.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Most people in the westernized world know enough to seek him on their own. Better to find that one brokenhearted and destitute soul to minister to who will recieve the gift.

lonewolf, I appreciate your openness in admitting that people do have enough exposure to "seek him on their own." For heaven's sake (pun intended), we are bombarded with it from all sides.

Having said that, I did meet a young lady a couple of years ago, from an extremely wealthy Wall Street family. One parent was Jewish, the other non-Jewish. This girl was brought up with NO knowledge of ANY of the major religions (she wasn't all that bright, really, but daddy's money sent her to a very expensive college all the same). I watched Religulous with her, my daughter, and a couple of other coeds....and she was completely at a loss to know what the hell they were talking about. Un-freaking-believable.

Still, the "broken-hearted" and "destitute" souls are in too vulnerable a position to be "indoctrinated" while suffering. That seems akin to taking advantage of someone when they're down. Many prison inmates "find Jesus" -- it's a common reaction to a life spun out of control. What they need is compassion, and skill-building, to get past their self-destructive neuroses or counterproductive behaviors.

People develop coping skills through-out their lives. They will use those long after the coping mechanism starts to backfire, until they feel they have lost everything. This is when they need nurturing, not proseletyzing. A crack dealer could just as easily get them hooked on chemicals to ease the pain.

Sorry, but preaching to someone who's already down is not a good plan. That makes religion and/or God an "escape", and one based purely on conjecture. Better to address the causes of their downfall into despair, and teach them how to manage their choices and environmental stresses, than to tell them some magical element is going to save them.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this kind of "ministering" is, well, predatory. If only the "unhealthy of mind" can be "ministered to" successfully.....there's a big problem.

People don't need their souls saved -- they need good coping skills, education, and empathetic direction for how to manage their OWN LIVES.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
My question is why do religious people continually pester people..."

Murgatroid said:
Simple, so that when the TRUTH comes, you will REFUSE to believe it.

What? So that when the truth comes, we will REFUSE to believe it?

So...your M.O. is to send everyone to your silly idea of hell? You're trying to "convert" them so they won't believe it when it happens?

Please *facepalm*. That is sick. And believing the Bible is 100% true is delusional magical thinking.
I've been reading your posts, Murgatroid (cool name, by the way) but....are you for real?
What camp are you actually in?? Guessing the coordinates are: "evangelical fundamentalist" by "backwater superstitious voodoo".

Really?
Perhaps your most recent past life was, say, 2000 years ago....and your soul's potential brilliance hasn't yet been enlightened much. Hope it gets better for you. Whatever happened to you, I hope you Get Well Soon.

edit on 2-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join