It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda Plotting to Bomb US Plane: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Haven't seen this posted, did the search etc.

With all the fear mongering in regards to terrorism and the Olympics, this was just a matter of time. Of course this will justify London turning into a Military Zone and maybe now those people protesting missiles on their apartment roof tops will quiet down. And if that's the actual plan...this will accomplish the goal.

news.asiaone.com...

LONDON - Al-Qaeda is plotting a terrorist attack on a US airliner, Britain's Sunday Times newspaper reported, citing intelligence sources.

The broadsheet said Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) had recruited a Norwegian Muslim convert and given him terrorist training in Yemen, and that the group were believed to have selected a US passenger jet as a target. "The Norwegian recruit goes under the Islamic name of Muslim Abu Abdurrahman," the newspaper said.

"He is understood to be in his thirties and a 'clean skin', with no previous criminal record. He converted in 2008 and quickly became radicalised. "He later travelled to Yemen, where he has spent several months, to complete his training."

And this source alludes to exactly where it MIGHT happen...The Olympics of course.
www.thestatesman.net...

“There is terrorist plotting going on irrespective of the Olympics (from 27 July to 12 August). The only thing that connects this to the Olympics is the fact that they are about to happen,” said a Whitehall official.

Another Source:
www.ndtv.com...

And:

www.nypost.com...

Peace

edit on 1-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I guess they won't be taking down the surface to air missiles set atop the Olympic arena, and maybe they will add to the already 200,000 troops positioned. I wonder if this will affect the attendance at all? Man, the next 2 weeks could get a bit hairy after reading this and other news & * today. July always seems to be ripe for these things, war, threats and suspicion, but in today's climate who knows.

Funny the term cleanskin, I just watched a movie titled this last night and I wondered about the whole jist of future events sometimes showing up in movies before they happen. The movie was pretty good and depicted many struggles Muslims have with people in their own group and their goals and actions, and yes it was about terrorism in the UK.
Thanks for the report...

Peace,
spec
edit on 1-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The funny thing is. Al-CIAduh. has never succeeded on a threat against the US without the assistance of us.
The report might as well say something along the lines of, "A faction of the US Gov't with the assistance of Al-Queda plan on taking out a US airliner.....perhaps at the Olympic Games:.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Well I guess they won't be taking down the surface to air missiles set atop the Olympic arena, and maybe they will add to the already 200,000 troops positioned. I wonder if this will affect the attendance at all? Man, the next 2 weeks could get a bit hairy after reading this and other news & * today. July always seems to be ripe for these things, war, threats and suspicion, but in today's climate who knows.
Thanks for the report...

Peace,
spec
edit on 1-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling doh!

Pulling out my crystal ball:

More rooftop missiles, tanks, troops, body searches, air support...Yup, it's all there.

And being that he's apparently Caucasian...So many more suspicious people in the streets of London.

Excuse me if I smell a rat but it sure is rank out there right now.

Peace

edit on 1-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by jude11

The funny thing is. Al-CIAduh. has never succeeded on a threat against the US without the assistance of us.
The report might as well say something along the lines of, "A faction of the US Gov't with the assistance of Al-Queda plan on taking out a US airliner.....perhaps at the Olympic Games:.

Wonder if this is in any way connected to the boys that received so much support to topple Libya? Same group?

Nah, couldn't be.

I mean after all, they are the enemy right?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They're Hillary Clinton's friends- can we put her on the terrorist list (please please please) ?

www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
They're Hillary Clinton's friends- can we put her on the terrorist list (please please please) ?

www.blacklistednews.com...

No worries...she's on a lot of lists...and popularity ain't one of them.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes, how convenient.

And in regards to plots involving hijacking airliners you would have thought Al Qaeda would have changed tactics by now, considering they haven't been successful in that endeavour since 9/11.

I hope they continue to be unsuccessful, that is if they are as sophisticated and pervasive as we've been led to believe by governments and the media. Judging by their alleged "plots", I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

top topics

join