It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now the people of Japan are angry...Finally! 200,000+ Protest but little MSM Coverage.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well it looks like the proverbial crap is in the range of the fan...finally.

The people of Japan are angry. Angry at the inactivity, lies and deceit from their Govt. and they are starting to get physical. First there was the march on the PM Office that was repelled but the people are not standing down. This looks like it has happened over the last 24 hours by the posting times.

Why now? People don't want Nuke power over there anymore by looking at the vids and yet...

www.thestar.com...

TOKYO — Dozens of protesters shouted and danced at the gate of a nuclear power plant as it restarted Sunday, the first to go back online since Japan shut down all of its reactors for safety checks following the Fukushima nuclear disaster. Ohi nuclear plant’s reactor No. 3 returned to operation despite a deep division in public opinion. Last month, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda ordered the restarts of reactors No. 3 and nearby No. 4, saying people’s living standards can’t be maintained without nuclear energy. Many citizens are against a return to nuclear power because of safety fears after the Fukushima accident.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Jul. 1, 2012 - Dozens of protesters shouted and danced at the gate of a nuclear power plant as it restarted Sunday, the first to go back online since Japan shut down all of its reactors for safety checks following the Fukushima nuclear disaster. (AP)

Great quote: "It isn't likely the protests will have any effect on the decision to restart" Yup, no matter how many people get out there, it isn't likely anyone will pay any attention to them in the long run.

And of course, the Japanese MSM blackout of the protests:

… Today is just an unbelievable day… yesterday we had massive, massive protests in front of PM Noda’s… and the news, nothing. There was very short news on Miyagi TV… not even 1 minute… nothing about size… just tried to ‘mild up’ why the people were protesting… No other news… almost 24 hours after the big demonstration begins and yet we don’t have news in Japan about the massive demonstration. Can you believe this?

A little extra: Follow the link and look to the right...there is a lively discussion concerning the cameras around the facilities.

enenews.com... ked-crowd-from-entering-prime-ministers-office-video

Inside the Tokyo Protest: “People are piping mad… they finally got angry” — Police barricades collapsed one after another — Riot buses blocked crowd from entering Prime Minister’s office (VIDEOS)

Another poster:

I started to run to the roadway. As my friend told me, the roadway was filled with people and vehicles couldn’t pass through. Policemen repeated “Please go on the sidewalk!” but he couldn’t control people. A protester with white hair shouted “It’s the first time since the campaign against the U.S.-Japan Security Treaty in 1960!”. 200000 people (Issued by the promoter) advanced little by little to the direction of PM’s office. Within some minutes, the barricades of police collapsed one after another and were pulled back. A commandant of the police shouted “Protect the Prime Minister’s office!”.

The people are in the streets… The people have taken over the highway now… I don’t know what the police are going to do about this.

And a great read here as well. Translated articles from Japanese freelance journalists and Bloggers about Fukushima Nuclear Accident
dissensus-japan.blogspot.ca...:+blogs pot/dissensus-japan+%28DISSENSUS+JAPAN%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Recent Report: "History in the making" Peaceful Japanese Protesters Stand Ground At Oi Nuclear Power Plant Demanding No Nuclear Restart.

edit on 1-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The lies could only stand for so long....good the people are opening their eyes. The black out by the Government and media will only flame the fires. TEPCO should be hiding under their desks...the PM too.

I see the same happening soon here in the U.S. Maybe we can learn from Japan how to protest in a less violent way.

Des

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Good for them, at least they're doing SOMETHING about their corrupt government...unlike America who seems to think change can be achieved only through bitching and moaning.

Time to grow a pair America.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Ashertron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

The lies could only stand for so long....good the people are opening their eyes. The black out by the Government and media will only flame the fires. TEPCO should be hiding under their desks...the PM too.

I see the same happening soon here in the U.S. Maybe we can learn from Japan how to protest in a less violent way.

Des

Peaceful protests are exactly the way to start but the Japanese people are no pushovers. When it comes time to stand, everyone from the kiddies to the Grannies get into protests over there. I experienced a few protests in Korea and damn! The Japanese people are the same in passion when it comes to fighting for their beliefs.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashertron
Good for them, at least they're doing SOMETHING about their corrupt government...unlike America who seems to think change can be achieved only through bitching and moaning.

Time to grow a pair America.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Ashertron because: (no reason given)

And there it is.

In order to change something, you have to go to the source. Get out of the house, step away from the TV and GO to the problem.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Someone will be along on this thread any minute now to claim that this is all being controlled by the CIA.

Seriously, this is great. People are becoming empowered all over the world. If you're still wondering, this is the REAL reason your government wants to monitor, control and restrict the internet. It has nothing to do with crime and terrorism and everything to do with them sh*tting their pants at the thought of massive protests against them.

They know that the people need the internet to organize massive protests like never before, and they can't stand the idea that the people will finally have the methods needed to spread a political idea that they cannot personally control through their puppet media.

Japan is doing it for environmental and public safety reasons, but every other nation on Earth is seeing it for economic reasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is this protest over?? The stream looks to be offline so not sure if there is another one going on right now.

This is the first time since 1960 that a protest this size had gone on in Japan?? Wow. This is big time news and I cant find a stream anywhere.

Good for the People of Japan. The Government better be carefull since you know the saying still can exist...."dont wake a sleeping Giant".

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Seriously, this is great. People are becoming empowered all over the world. If you're still wondering, this is the REAL reason your government wants to monitor, control and restrict the internet. It has nothing to do with crime and terrorism and everything to do with them sh*tting their pants at the thought of massive protests against them.

I think most people are aware of why the Govt. wants to control the net and it ain't for the "Safety of the Children" agenda that they keep pushing.

It's because we can reach out across the Globe and not only be inspired by events like this but to actually become a little involved...to aid in spreading the info and rooting out the dis-info.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why isnt this on the msm? cause we might get idea's

GO PEOPLE OF JAPAN

link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Is this protest over?? The stream looks to be offline so not sure if there is another one going on right now.

This is the first time since 1960 that a protest this size had gone on in Japan?? Wow. This is big time news and I cant find a stream anywhere.

Good for the People of Japan. The Government better be carefull since you know the saying still can exist...."dont wake a sleeping Giant".

Looks to be going on as we speak. Follow the YT vids and look at all the other vids being posted only minutes and hours before.

Peace

link   
I have always admired the Japanese people, and now I have to say, that admiration has been ratcheted up quite a few notches. My husband has been watching the news all day and there's not been one word about this here in the US. I guess TPTB don't want us to see how people in other countries fight corrupt, dangerous systems. Here in America, they want us to believe that only kooks and hippies protest things.

Good thread!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, but streams are so much better. Wish I knew Japanese.

Its interesting in the one vid where the Protester is having a Conversation with the Police....every question that a US protester asks it gets ignored. There could a possibility that some Police in Japan might jump to the other side.

edit on 1-7-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I have always admired the Japanese people, and now I have to say, that admiration has been ratcheted up quite a few notches. My husband has been watching the news all day and there's not been one word about this here in the US. I guess TPTB don't want us to see how people in other countries fight corrupt, dangerous systems. Here in America, they want us to believe that only kooks and hippies protest things.

Good thread!

I've found and added a few links from Western MSM but there doesn't seem to be any pics or vids of the protestors...only the facilities...Strange huh?

Oh, and the reports are about "dozens" of protestors and not the 200,000 estimates of actual witnesses.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Even if we havent got the balls to do it, it gets me hopefull when I see others rise up.

This makes me prowd of them, those HUMANS who wont take it anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

:jesus wept: :shk:

where are the thousands of sick, dying, and dead people from radiation poisoning??

nowhere
fukushima is a psyops

Fukushima Radiation Fear Mongering: An Orchestrated Scare Campaign Exceeding the Fraud of 9/11
educate-yourself.org...

I posted my first article on Fukushima radiation alarmism (which currently floods the Internet) just 8 days after the March 11, 2011 attack on Japan. Titled, Japan Radiation Scare Hugely Overblown by Western Media (Mar. 19, 2011), I pointed out in that article that there was a HUGE disconnect between the actual background radiation readings measured in Tokyo (and within the 12.5 mile radius zone around the Daiichi nuclear station) and the absurd, irresponsible ("foreigners should leave Tokyo"), and grossly exaggerated 'dangers' being fomented by alternative news media (Amy Goodman, et al), Internet web sites, Youtube, and leftist leaning radio stations quoting and interviewing anti-nuclear energy propagandists like Arnie Gundersen, Christopher Busby, Leuren Moret, Yoichi Shimatsu, and later, Robert Alvarez, Kevin Kamps, Paul Gunter, Stephen Jones, Mark Sircus, and John Apsley among many others. Youtube presenters or media interviewers are treating these people as if their wild exaggerations, overstatements, and outright fabrications possessed scientific validity and factual certitude. And I've yet to hear or see one of these Youtube Fukushima radiation fear fest (or radio interviews) include an opportunity for someone from the other side of the fence to counter or challenge the statements from these nuclear energy critics. It's been a one-sided radio/Internet media barrage since mid March of 2011 and it's more intense now than ever.

Rense.com
Within a few days of the 3/11 attack on Japan, it became clear that rense.com was destined to become Command Central for the Fukushima radiation fear promotion campaign. I can't get over how many the-sky-is-falling, Fukushima radiation 'catastrophy' aticles (and radio interviews) are posted to that web site on a daily basis. I've had many people send me e-mails to tell me that they can no longer go to rense.com because the Fukushima fear mongering is simply too much to put up with.

ENE News logo
Another web site that leads the pack in pounding away at the Fukushima radiation party line is enenews.com. This web site ONLY posts articles exclusively devoted to driving home the Fukushima fear package. According to Whois-search, this web site was created on March 16, 2011 and quickly zoomed to a very high alexa.com traffic ranking of 26,000 for world traffic and 7,700 for the USA (by comparison, educate-yourself.org currently ranks 61,000 world and 21,000 USA; while rense.com currently ranks at 7,600 world and 2.800 USA). How is it that a web site that is only one year old, and devoted to one topic, could rise to such a high ranking plateau without lots of money, technological savoir faire, and busy worker bees to make that happen so quickly? (Hint: Oil & natural gas energy companies that want to push nuclear energy competitors out of the way)

So who's behind this web site? No one knows because the identity of the owners are hidden. The Administrative Contact given at WhoIs is "DomainSecrecy.net, Private Registrant ([email protected])" located in Providence, Utah. The Technical Contact is "UK2 Group, Technical Support ([email protected])", also located at the same address in Providence, Utah. The Registrar is ENOM Inc.; a seller of domain names and security services.

Here's a smapling of the "Latest Headlines" at enenews.com:

Ambassador’s comments translated by Asahi: Another accident at No. 4 reactor building could cause the “final catastrophe of the world” (03:43 PM EST on May 21st, 2012 | 3 comments)

Gundersen: Pyrophoric fire if fuel rods in Unit 4 pool are not cooled — Potential contamination of entire northern hemisphere (VIDEO) (02:30 PM EST on May 21st, 2012 | 9 comments)

Reporters repeatedly ask gov’t why it does not consider worst-case scenarios at Unit 4 and get help from foreign experts (01:39 PM EST on May 21st, 2012 | 8 comments

There are hundreds of articles posted at enenews.com with similar fear-invoking titles. The message?

Get out of nuclear energy as fast as possible or we're all doomed to die from radiation poisoning!

The Game Plan
It's important to realize that the 3/11, attack on Japan and the sabotage of the Daiichi nuclear power station was intended by the Rockefellers to both cripple the Japanese economy (which was heading towards a giant leap in new technology) and to disassemble the entire nuclear power industry - worldwide - in order to consolidate the energy market down to oil and natural gas. It's not an accident that all of that natural gas "fracking" that we've been hearing about for the past year or two, would need to create a new market to sell all of that newly extracted natural gas to, and what better way than to shut down all of those 'dangerous', radiation-spewing, dinosaur nuclear power plants and convert them over to "safe" and "clean" natural gas power plants using that new spiffy German design gas turbine that Merkel is so proud of. Gee, isn't it simply wonderful how the fracking gas solution just happened to show up at just the right time to save the day from the perils of the deadly Fukushima radiation 'catastrophy' ("many times worst than Chernobyl" according to Leuren Moret and Christopher Busby)?

Resistance
In this Youtube video posted on Feb 23, 2012, Rod Adams explains the ruse to replace the nuclear power industry with natural gas power plants by pumping the Fukushima radiation psyops to the hilt in order to stampede the Pajama People into demanding an end to all nuclear power plant facilities (our own ZS Livingstone, bless his uncannily accurate and intuitive soul, was first to bring to my attention the natural-gas-to-replace-nuclear-power ruse in articles and radio interviews presented at this web site in March and April of 2011).

www.youtube.com...

[Update Note, May 25, 2012. This web page was hacked on May 25, 2012 and the video from Rod Adams which I originally placed at this location was removed and the video seen below (with Senator Carper sitting at a committee hearing) was substituted in its place. Apparently, this article is hitting a nerve with someone since they're willing to hack into my server and change the embedded video of Rod Adams. I'll leave this hacker's embedded video in place for now, but re-insert the Rod Adams video immediately below this one. ..Ken Adachi]

more links here educate-yourself.org...
scroll down the page a bit until you reach

The 3/11 Attack on Japan Exposed (mp3 audio and printed transcript)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Even if we havent got the balls to do it, it gets me hopefull when I see others rise up.

This makes me prowd of them, those HUMANS who wont take it anymore.

I think the balls are just gearing up in the US. Something will push those final triggers to make people stand.

What the trigger is? No idea. I would have thought any number of privacy/freedom violations this year and Obamacare didn't do it either. Well, at least not yet.

I still have faith tho...

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I think the balls are just gearing up in the US. Something will push those final triggers to make people stand.

Bu-but that would mean missing the latest Americas Got Talent & Big Bang Theory!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by jude11

:jesus wept: :shk:

where are the thousands of sick, dying, and dead people from radiation poisoning??

nowhere
fukushima is a psyops

ok...and?

I don't understand what your point is. Psyops or not...it did happen. And now people don't want it. That's what is REALLY happening.

As far as the sick, dying and dead people...how do you know? How do you know it isn't being covered up in order to tell the World "Everything is OK"?

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashertron

Originally posted by jude11

Bu-but that would mean missing the latest Americas Got Talent & Big Bang Theory!

AGT I can miss but...BBT? Gotta have it!

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Whether Chemoshima is a psy-ops or not, nuclear energy is a bad idea, a left-over from the 50s, a dinosaur from a time when issues like nuclear waste didn't matter.

The depleted uranium used in modern bullets and bombs is the only use for this left-over, poisonous garbage. Surely we have progressed as humans past the point of using such out-dated technology.

As far as them going to natural gas, please note:

Japan relies on LNG imports for virtually all of its natural gas demand and is the world’s largest LNG importer.

Note they have no natural gas of their own, and it has to be liquified from somewhere else in order to be imported to them. Not very cost efficient. They'd have to be suckers to allow other countries to psy-op them in that way, just to make them import more LNG.

I can perhaps see the leaders of that country thinking that starting these plants up is the cheapest way to get the country back up to full power, as they have 55 nuclear plants in that country, but Japan has suffered under the curse of radiation from one form or the other for a while now, I guess maybe they're just tired of it hanging over their head like the sword of Damocles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join