It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you read your E-book, you're E-book reads YOU!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't care whether any "data" goes around on the internet - i don't have anything to hide.
In the year 2012, as an internet marketer, i know that as soon as i turn my PC on, surf the net, etc. ZILLIONS of data are transferred, cookies, etc....i guess my bank, supermarket etc. has more "data" about me as well. Seriously, i simply don't care. If i would i would've unplugged myself already and would hide in a cave.

Anyway, for reading, my wireless on my kindle is always off anyway.

But i love my Kindle, i put a TON of really good stuff on there, incl. lots of SciFi, incl. all from Heinlein etc...it made me enjoy reading again.

(And by the way, if you really think "The Hunger Games" was a good book, i assume you are one of those teenagers who never read a good book before...because it was awfully, awfully BAD.)
edit on 15-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

. The brick and mortar bookstores are starting to go the way of the dinosaur and a new generation is coming that may never know the feel of a book in their hands or what having a library of books in the home is all about.

Really?

That's just sensationalism.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Myself and others that I know only use e-readers for PDF files. Basically we put program manuals, white papers, and schematics on them so we dont need a pc booted up(or having to switch between a program and the help files). Walmart sells a 50$ color e-reader on their website too(can have linux installed on them too), so nooks and kindles are just overpriced for what they do.
Bookies still buy hard copys because they don't require electricity or recharges. Let them track the masses, as no one who knows what they are doing uses the things(or they have the smarts to get it for free as there is no physical product being sold to them).

Most people I see with Nooks, etc, use it to watch netflix and youtube anyway. Something they could do on any sub 100$ tablet that is out on the market nowadays. Not to mention the 35$ Raspberry Pi mini linux computer(with 1080 video output, and you know its a computer so it does more than just e-books and video).

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No i am not agree with this because no non living things can read human only human and GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------
Debra Fine

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
thats really interesting! but computers always have worked this way so its nothing new

<< 1   >>

join