It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society in Birmingham, Alabama (USA)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've lived in Birmingham all my life and have heard these "urban myths" forever. As far as offering any legitimacy to them, I can't say for sure. Five points itself was founded back in the 1800's long before the statues were there. I doubt it was ever intended to be an occult location; however, the fact that the roads did create a pentagram provided a prime spot for latter occult interest groups. Speculation will probably always surround the area. I can say that there is an Occult/Wiccan/Witchacraft following in the entire Birmingham area, but as someone already mentioned it is underground or at lead the Occult. There's a fairly new store headed towards Vulcan called Books, Beans, and Candles that has a lot of Wiccan material and information on meetings and groups. From what I've read and heard about the Occult though it is underground which doesn't necessarily mean it's because we live in the Bible Belt. I've heard there's signs along the interstates that only someone belonging to the Occult and knowing what they're looking for would recognize. Again I'm not completely positive since I don't really know what to look for, but there is a definitely a following in Birmingham. It's not really all that surprising especially in the Five Points area. Yes Alabama is in the Bible Belt, but Five Points is a fairly secular area that comprises a very diverse group of people and backgrounds compared to other parts of Alabama.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey were are is the party central for goths and stuff I look everywhere but can never find them

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by diva

Frank Fleming has done a lot of art in his lifetime. Most of the sculptures in the Birmingham area are done by Frank Fleming.

Frank is from Bear Creek, a small town in Alabama (we once played football in Jr. High against them, then 4 years later in High School. Small school type stuff).

Look at the sculpture. If it has a connection to anything that connection would be to NATURE. Nature and Satanism are completely different things.

Frank's works are not Satanic.

This is not to say that Frank is or isn't into some kind of Natural Secret Society, I have no way of knowing this in either form. I also do not know Frank personally, and only have one family member to even have met him. Although, as a good ol' country boy I'm sure he takes house visits well when not burdened with business.

My cousin was a Physical Trainer at a Gold's Gym while attending UAB. He got a good client list of people wanting him to be there personel trainer and he catered to such. Through this he was introduced to Frank. Frank asked my cousin to pose for a sculpture (my cousin is a bit Vin Diesal, though he hates the comparison) but he declined. Being another good ol' country boy my cousin equated posing for a sculpture to be a bit... well... gay. His veiw, not mine, but that is why he didn't pose. Not sure for what sculpture, if the sculpture was ever made with another person posing, or if the pose was in the buff or not (not sure it would have mattered to my cousin. To him, gay is gay whether naked or not).

If you are looking for Satanic, you won't find it in Frank's work. Secret societies? Couldn't say either way.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good luck mr. vandal. Just how far do you think you can plow through pedestrians in a busy downtown area before the cops nab you? I hope you try, though, b/c I'll be laughing my ass off at you on america's dumbest criminals.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I used to work at a 24 vet clinic right down the street from 5 points, and the clinic where i worked used to be an eye care clinic, and you wouldnt know this being in the building, but I've seen photo's from several hundred feet up, and the clinic looks like an eyeball, and come to think about it, the eye was facing 5 points. Strange huh?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RealFlight

Thanks for the link. It's actually a lovely statue, but apparently not located in one of the safer parts of the city.

The homeless lady who frequents it said in the statues back pocket has been found an eggroll, a Playboy magazine, and a condom.

One morning it was wearing an orange traffic cone on it's head!

Hilarious!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is actually in a fairly safe area. Sure there are homless people, but Birmingham is the biggest city in the state and bigger than most of the largest cities of surrounding states, so yes of course there are poor and homless people. The statue is also located literally on the door step of a church and from what I understand the church is charitable to the less fortunate in the area so that is another reason they are there.

As for the things in the goat's pocket, that is not a sign that the area is dangerous, but do to the result of five points being the center of entertainment. As mentioned in a previous post the area has lots of bars that stay open late. Because the five streets intersect at the statue and each street has bars and what not it is only inevitable that things like that will happen. People walk from bar to bar and past the fountain all night.

Frank Stitt is a world famous chef that lives in Birmingham and he has two resturants that face the fountain... that's not exactly a ghetto, as another poster labled it.

I don't think it has ever been even possible to conduct any kind of animal sacrafice at this location. It's very well lit and because of the bars people are there at all hours. It would be like trying to have an occult secret ritual of animal sacrifice int the middle of time square... Well maybe it would actually be easier in time square than at the fountain in Birmingham

As for wiccans and what not, I'd say sure they are here, but aren't they everywhere. Again this is a major city. If you've ever worked at a resturaunt, you have probablly worked with known or met a wiccan or somone who thinks he or she is a satinist or belives in the power of crystals or god knows what. Not really a big deal or anything weird or unusual, especialy for a big city.

Sorry to ruin the mystery people but it's actually pretty standard everyday stuff for any city this size.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I know some pagans in Alabama but there's NOT all that many there.
Many more of us in the NORTH GA/TN area, from Atlanta to Chattanooga.
If we're out to rule the world, no one has told me. I thought I had to do it all by myself.

And don't forget Asheville.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I live very close to Birmingham, and have visited 5-Points many times. I never noticed the book, but free-masonry is very rampant in the area. I know this from experience. 8 years after OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join