It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Reactor4] . Backup power is lost. 47 hours left.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Prof. Takeda [Link] estimates the coolant water of SFP4 will reache 100℃ in the evening of 7/5/2012. Tepco was removing the upper part of reactor4 on 6/25/2012. [Link] He assumes it damaged the pipes of the coolant system.

The coolant system is not functioning yet and the back-up unit is out of order too.

Source : fukushima-diary.com... Give me a second while I read thru info.

Control panel indicated the disorder of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), UPS bypass power supply, heat exchange unit A/B trip. Tepco is still investigating the cause.

Jiji reported both of the pumps stopped

At 16:00, the water temperature of SFP4 is 35.8℃ (indicated by the temporary thermometer). It’s estimated to take 60 hours to reach 65℃, which is the safety limit. They are still investigating at the moment. will update by email.

Though these 2 newspapers slightly contradict each other, based on what Tokyo newspaper reported, the water temperature increases at 0.5℃/h, it reaches 65℃ at 2:00 of 7/3/2012, and goes over 100℃ at 24:00 of 7/5/2012 roughly estimated. (JST)

However, it excludes the facts that the coolant water decreases as it evaporates and atmospheric temperature rises in day time, it may be faster.

I can't seem to find a choice of words right now, other than "you have got to be kidding me???" But that would be the edited, kind version of my thoughts...
edit on 1-7-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So this means what? The 'China Syndrome' is on the way?

I hate to say it but in a way it would be fitting wouldn't it...wouldn't it...

peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So this means what? The 'China Syndrome' is on the way?

I hate to say it but in a way it would be fitting wouldn't it...wouldn't it...

peace

Hmmm, I'm thinking of evacuations for at least parts of Japan, for starters. But I'm trying not to think the worst. It would definately be fitting, with the Tepco jackals at the helm of this mess!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

Strangely - (and I mean very strangely enough) - a news 'alert' was only just now pronounced on the local TV here (in Sicily) stating the 'problem had been resolved at Fukishima'...

Now of course that's good news. That they're covering it here? Pretty scary. It must have been (or still is?) a big deal.

peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

If they shut off the coolant flow at the spent fuel pool and the water stops moving over the spent fuel rods... that is a dangerous situation indeed. Not restarting that flow in a just as soonaspossible type mode would mean that water will immediately begin to heat and at boiling will begin to lower the level of the pool until the tops of the rod assemblies become uncovered.

Which case they will superheat, burn off the zirconium cladding and dump the fuel to the bottom of the pool. This chain reaction fission of highly radioactive spent fuel will further boil away more water, exposing more of the fuel rods, melting and falling below until a mass of molten corium at the bottom of the pool burns its way thru the bottom of the pool spreading everywhere and releasing enormous amounts of direct radioactive contamination to the environment (thats us).

If the coolant flow is stopped... if they cannot restart it in time... if the fuel becomes uncovered in the pool...

Might not take 48 hours either.

Nincompoops. Up to now, the threat was another earthquake that could rupture the pool and spill the water out, causing the same result. If they damaged the coolant system by banging the cap of well 4 around as they removed it... whoops .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Strangely - (and I mean very strangely enough) - a news 'alert' was only just now pronounced on the local TV here (in Sicily) stating the 'problem had been resolved at Fukishima'...

Now of course that's good news. That they're covering it here? Pretty scary. It must have been (or still is?) a big deal.

peace

Wow, did the news alert state specifically what was fixed? That is pretty scary. It reminds me of sometime soon after the March 11 Tsunami, when the news leaked out that Hillary Clinton offered military planes of special coolant for the reactors, before Tepco had even said there was a huge problem with the reactors, and the news tried to play it down saying she was over-reacting. Then I heard how the leader of Russia offered the Japanese people land to evacuate to, from a little news blurp, and again played down like he was misinformed, there WAS NO situation, and we all know how that played out! It's the little news blurps that no one pays attention to, yet reveals so much, even when they say "all's well, nothing to worry about".

This would be fitting that Tepco releases info of possible impending doom to the media AFTER they have actually fixed the near catastrophic situation (at least for the moment). That way they can claim they were being forthright and offering updates to the public, but in reality long AFTER the near catastrophy had been averted for the meantime. You know, they wouldn't want to actually "scare" the public before knowing if they have a fix.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This is the one with all the full fuel rods. The one that would destroy all life on earth. Reactor 4.

I think its time for everyone to start to pray and send SOS out to ALL the cosmos and heavens for some help.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is the one with all the full fuel rods. The one that would destroy all life on earth. Reactor 4.

I think its time for everyone to start to pray and send SOS out to ALL the cosmos and heavens for some help.

I just started another thread about the fact that they just found the highest ever radiation reading at the entire Fukushima complex!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Original thread here

Closing Duplicate

Semper

top topics

join