It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army develops Tesla style Lightning Bolt to destroy enemy vehicles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This piece of tech probably just needs miniturising before it can be used in battle

The Laser-Induced Plasma Channel, or LIPC, is designed to take out targets that conduct electricity better than the air or ground that surrounds them.

A guided lightning bolt travels horizontally then hits when it finds the lower resistance path to the ground

The idea is for the laser beam to be sent in the direction of the target using mirrors

When it approaches, the target, such as an enemy vehicle, will be a better conductor than the ground it sits on, leading to a massive current rocketing through it.

The laser pulse can

can be putting out more power than a large city needs, but the pulse only lasts for two-trillionths of a second.

www.dailymail.co.uk... fans-youre-welcome.html

Will this become a hand held weapon of the future

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
And this why you do not mess with the United States military. They will invoke the power of ancient Greek gods and fry your ass.

edit on 30-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This picture is on the link so i thought i would add here just because of it's awesomness

Tesla coil generates bolts of electricity
Is that man stupid or brave

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wasn;t there a report coming out of some of the countries we are currently engaged in that the Army had a tank that fired what appears to be plasma type material, like super napalm?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder if it will work in the rain?
Ever notice the police dont use their speeding guns when its raining?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Another reason to use rubbers!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
This picture is on the link so i thought i would add here just because of it's awesomness

Tesla coil generates bolts of electricity
Is that man stupid or brave

Cran

I'm glad he's not my neighbour

edit on 30-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

like super napalm

I would not of thought that Napalm could be made anymore deadly than it already is
I think that this tech LIPC will end up space based on a military satellite

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow!
Command & conquer red alert anyone?
Scary stuff..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Tesla Tank becoming reality.

I always felt those weapon concepts in the C&C series weren't all that far fetched. All we need now is the ion cannon (HAARP? lol, who knows...)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
would they plan on putting them onto planes, tanks, satellites etc..?
edit on 30-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Scary?

Hell Yes

Awesome?

Damn right

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

From the link and the picture has a mark saying copyright US Army you could try searching that

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Pretty awesome indeed, though it would be much more awesome if the tech wasn't weaponized but used as Tesla intended it to be used.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Wow!
Scary stuff..

Man, I miss those Tesla Towers the Russians had. At least we didn't have to go back in time and kidnap Einstein in order to get ours, heh.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by TechUnique
Wow!
Scary stuff..

Man, I miss those Tesla Towers the Russians had. At least we didn't have to go back in time and kidnap Einstein in order to get ours, heh.

I know, right. Cloning him was a lot simpler with no chance of paradox.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here is the thread about the tank/napalm thing. www.abovetopsecret.com... Sounds horrifying to be on the receiving end. or it could be disinfo...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The only relation to Tesla with this is in the minds of the Daily Mail, sad to say. There really isn't any connection.

This is also old as income taxes, too. It's about the third go-around with LIPC/electrical discharge weapons. Who knows, eventually they might get it right. But so far, it's been a real bust, even though it sounds ok.

Oh, yeah, can't do LIPC from orbit, so satellites are right out, saw someone mention that above. Also, I'm sure they'd like to miniaturize it - the last rig took two 18-wheeler trailers full of crap to do this at all, and it did a particularly unpredictable and sorry job. It's been funded, defunded, discontinued, recontinued, bribed, and investigated every year since what, 2005?

What they're not talking about is that it's pretty damned tough to do a stable LIPC. It doesn't want to go straight more than a few feet, then it sort of goes where it wants. A lot of things affect it as well, including wind, nearby explosions, rain, dust and so on.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Coming soon to a highway near you! Can't wait to see the local police with this. First they were able to taser us, next is our cars.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What are they going to power this thing with... that is the really important info.... this should have been the big question they answered in the article.

The Nazi Bell had mercury plasma in it... this shows how great plasmas are at containing huge charges. If you study T Townsend Brown you realize that controlling large electrical charges is how you control gravity.

This shows how the Nazi Bell worked...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join