It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the greatest country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Doesn't truth just have an amazing vib.
It shakes you out of your dream...as do the events that are happening under our noses and in front of our eyes, politically, socially, environmentally the truth vibrations are rumbling louder...voluntarily or otherwise, waking us from the slumber and out of the fairy tale...time to wake up kiddies.

Recognising there is a problem and realising truth is the first step on the way.

No concept lies more firmly embedded in the American national character than the notion that the USA is #1, the 'greatest'. Their broadcast media are, in essence, continuous advertisements for the brand name “America Is No. 1.” Any office seeker saying otherwise would be committing political suicide. In fact, anyone saying otherwise will be labeled “un-American” or "unpatriotic."
America the Empire?
An empire without a manufacturing base. An empire that must borrow more than $2 billion a day from its competitors in order to function. Yet the delusion is ineradicable.

When language is used in such powerful ways it moves your soul.
This vid, for those that can't see it, is what I consider to be a great speach shattering some of the myths regarding America as number one.

And from Bill Maher...

DON'T look upon this as being an America bashing thread...That is not my intention and doesn't help anyone and we are all as bad as eachother, in that our governments are gangsters that get away with their agendas only because we are too silent or scared to stand for truth and face the reality and not live in fairytale.

My intention is to show how the belief overrides the reality...just like HYPNOTISM.

But,
You Can't Hypnotize Me!

Waking up is hard to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of Americans already know that their country is not #1 by now.. whatever #1 is.. its like kids are brainwashed to believe it. Over here across the pond we constantly moan about the state of affairs which is also negative..

Americans won't keep bending over and taking it don't worry. There are plenty of smart ones and plenty of guns.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are plenty of places in the world with higher quality of life.

There are plenty of places with better education.

I guess it comes down to experience and maturity.

America may not be number 1, what ever that may mean, but it has the potential to be great, to be a world leader.

We simply need the government returning to the hands of the people and not Corporate America.

don't get me wrong, we are well on our way to being outclassed in many areas by up and coming countries, but history has shown once moved and motivated the American people are powerful.

The optimism of Americans may be hurt, but its still there.

Americans need to take back their country, take back the American exceptionalism I grew up with, take back our pride.

and Punish the people that brought america down into the mud with things like exporting our Manufacture basis out of here, Selling the very thing that made us great in the first place.

People who OK'd torture and assassinations, Drone strikes in countries we have yet to declare war with, things that the America I grew up with would of found morally repugnant.

edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
America got complacent. We were the star quarterback, the lead violinist, the CEO. We got comfortable, and we basked in the pride of our achievements.

We were so busy congratulating ourselves that we forgot others were fast on our heels. Now they've passed us and the dust is still settling.

We will get up and rejoin the race. We've got some excess corporate pounds to shed, but we'll handle it.

When we cross that finish line, it won't be in first place; we will tie with all the nations who choose to run.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
it is still #1

and the fact that people have to make so many threads tryin to say its not
proves that it still is

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
sadly
freedom isn't free

my toe hurts from kicking what is starting to appear to be a dead battery

I hate to think its time to break out the steel toad work boots

ps
guns aint going to cut it
or the problem wouldn't exist

hearts and minds and hands and put yer backs into it it maybe
guns...?
*yawn*
guns have had since 1776
and where are we?
time to grow up...
and use your grown up tools
edit on 30-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
it is still #1

proves that it still is

no offence
but:
your post is a prime example of why it isn't

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

it is still #1 and the fact that people have to make so many threads tryin to say its not proves that it still is
reply to post by goou111

IN what?
Number one in debt?
Number one in prison pop?

America is hands down the most powerful nation in the world, but does that mean we are number one?

Its that thinking that gets us where we are, we need to constantly strive to excellence, not become the fat bloated corpse Rome became towards the end.

We CAN be number 1, but it takes work for use to strive back to that post, we lost the Moral authority we used to have in world affairs.

"Either you die a hero, or you see yourself become the villain." - harvey dent.

We are becoming a villian, we need to fight to ensure America returns to what it was, and not be in denial of the problems here.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

it is still #1 and the fact that people have to make so many threads tryin to say its not proves that it still is
reply to post by goou111

IN what?
Number one in debt?
Number one in prison pop?

America is hands down the most powerful nation in the world, but does that mean we are number one?

Its that thinking that gets us where we are, we need to constantly strive to excellence, not become the fat bloated corpse Rome became towards the end.

We CAN be number 1, but it takes work for use to strive back to that post, we lost the Moral authority we used to have in world affairs.

"Either you die a hero, or you see yourself become the villain." - harvey dent.

We are becoming a villian, we need to fight to ensure America returns to what it was, and not be in denial of the problems here.

fight to win, man
not to kill

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

man all these i hate america threads

please give me stars and flags its getting so overdone

it all sounds lthe same anymore

blah blah blah blah i hate america blah blah blah blah

america sucks blah blah blah blah blah its america fault blah blah blah

americans are stupid blah blah blah blah blah
edit on 30-6-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

man all these i hate america threads please give me stars and flags its getting so overdone

I love my country, I hate its government.

I am not so blinded by my love of my country that I deny its problems, I weep for what we are doing.

We are the decedents of great men, Men who fought the tyranny of greed and corruption.

We are the Sons and Daughters of freedom fighters and liberators.

Our forefathers have done some great things.

Its time for OUR generation to do great things, instead of being the fat bloated consumers that simply feed the corporate monsters that are ruining our country.

We can Be great, we have the potential to be, its in our DNA, we simply need to make the choice to be great once again.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i love my country to

1 question

can you tell me one country that has a great government? and do you think you and
your family would be better off living there

is there any country you would rather live in?

if not that makes america the best lol

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

There are plenty of places I would like to move, My wife an I are actively looking for retirement homes out of the states.

Other countries don't scare me, im well traveled enough to know that we are all just people, for the most part.

Id say any representative democracy would do I could list some very stable countries I wouldn't mind being in, personally Ive looked at places like Ecuador, and other south American countries, Belize as well.

The political climate in America at the moment is hurtful to the very country, in that other countries will all have their unique problems.

Every country has faults, I love the US, and I always will, but to argue that the US is the BEST country in the whole wide world? really its a bit childish, each country has its merits, some more than others.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

lol

looked at

wouldnt mind living there

not that bad

but still in the states huh?

theres a reason for that

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
it is still #1

proves that it still is

America, the greatest country of overweight folks.

And what is it with being "The Best" ? Always in competition against others... why ?

edit on 30-6-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

but still in the states huh? theres a reason for that

Yep, I don't have the financial resources as of yet to make the move, my wife and I are saving to do so.

Now are you trying to imply something there? cause IM not denying America is a decent place to live, I am denying it is the absolute A-OK number 1 best-est best place in the whole wide world.

I am also saying there are NUMEROUS serious, Way of life ending catastrophes on the horizon for the US if something doesn't change.

Prison pop is one, Lack of education quality is another, Massive looming debt the next, the continued death of the middle class, Oh and how about the deceive economic and racial divisions that only seem to keep growing.

TO just name a few, Hell maybe ill move to Iceland, they seem to be willing to do what is needed to fix there country. Here we get people denying the problems, are drinking the MSM cool aid by the boat load.

WE as US citizens have allowed them to do this to the country, we are not being good stewards of our own Constitution.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

saving up

you need to do that? this other place doesnt have $$ for you?

what theres no job waiting for you there?
look "the best" is just opinion

i think the best place to live is where my friends and family are

and thats all i would care about no matter where i lived lol

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

you need to do that? this other place doesnt have $$ for you?

Yes you see, travel, and moving, require money. Preferably a few hundred thousand dollars, as it is a "retirement" property.

I would hate to have to work my whole life non stop until the day I die just to survive, So I am preempting that by planing appropriately, sacrificing now so that later I can live free on some beach somewhere, Ive come to the realization that if I where to retire here in the US, I wouldn't have the same quality of life I would say on some south American beach..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Best Bar None

Probably

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Looking for a place to live outside the U.S.? It may sound all great and fuzzy...UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Now I don't include CANADA in this equation as Canada is basically the 51'st State...and I know that may upset some Canadians who I have Family Members who are of that Country...but it is basically true. The U.S. and Canada are so interwoven in so many ways...Culturally, Family, Militarily, Territory Wise, Economically, Sports and with the exception of a few Pain in the Asses from Quebec...it is almost impossible to tell the difference between a U.S. Family from a Canadian Family.

I like Canadians and have ALWAYS felt welcome when I visit for whatever reason. There are some Canadians who are desperate to distance themselves from being considered part of the U.S. but most of the Canadians I know and this includes Family...are well aware of how deep the Blood Runs between the two Countries and also understand that the United States would be at Canada's side in a Microsecond should we be needed. We also appreciate the Vast and Massive U.S./Canadian Military Bases which are located on Canadian Soil.

So with the exception of Canada...and I have been all over the world...to both S#!% Holes as well as very Beautiful and Progressive Nordic Countries...but there is only so long a time I can stand being away from my Home in Western Mass. before I get the itch to come home.

As Progressive as some of these countries are...living there is just not the same as living here and most people who do move find out how BORING it can become as well as Culturally Challenging to continue to live somewhere else. So until you have spent long periods of time away from the U.S....you cannot make an informed judgement upon how you would fare living so where else. Take it from someone who knows!
Split Infinity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join