It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Rangel race takes chaotic turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
U.S. Congressman Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) is one of the longest serving members of Congress.

He apparently "won" the Democrat primary election in his district the other day, as he has done for 40+ years.

But hold on Charlie !!!

Something is wrong maybe.

It looks like one fiasco after another this time.

The vote counting process is in utter chaos it seems.

Hmmm.

Perhaps we are seeing a "vote fixing" attempt by fighting factions within factions ?

The count is close and chaos is reigning

story at Politico -- 6/30/12, 7:06 AM EDT

NEW YORK — It’s been four days since Charlie Rangel’s primary.

And it’s still not entirely clear who won.

The veteran Democratic congressman might be the winner in New York’s 13th District, but no one really knows.

It’s a bizarre situation that just keeps getting weirder, a strange case of missing precincts, questionable ballots and utter confusion over who’s to blame for the mess and when the race might be settled.

What’s known is this: As of Friday evening, 32 precincts – six percent of all votes cast – had yet to be accounted for. And another 2,447 affidavit ballots and 667 absentee votes hadn’t been counted yet either. According to the city Board of Elections, Rangel’s lead over second-place finisher state Sen. Adriano Espaillat stood at 1,032 votes, with enough outstanding ballots to alter the outcome.

Naturally, the courts are now involved. On Friday, the state Supreme Court agreed to hear a lawsuit brought by the Espaillat campaign, asking it to examine the squirrelly vote-counting process. A hearing is scheduled for Monday.

Rangel getting "Wrangled" ?
the article is 3 pages long

I wonder how that district will handle the National election this year

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Charlie Rangel is one of the longest standing, good old boy, back room con-men to ever have finagled their way into office.....I hope he looses.....

Des

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

L
L

he is soooo back door

he's well known in PR
usually at the statehooders request, he'll come to the island and
he'll give a few speeches on how he's been a veteran fighter for PR becoming the 51st state
blah blah

and leaves with some big checks in his pocket *COUGH* campaign contributions
edit on 30-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: aaargh

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Destinyone

L
L

he is soooo back door

he's well known in PR
usually at the statehooders request, he'll come to the island and
he'll give a few speeches on how he's been a veteran fighter for PR becoming the 51st state
blah blah

and leaves with some big checks in his pocket *COUGH* campaign contributions
edit on 30-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: aaargh

When I was a little girl, around 4-5 years old. I'm 61 now, I used to spend some Summer time with my Grandpa in Baton Rouge, La. He was a professional con man and gambler. He used to wear those same pin striped suits, diamond pinkie ring, and big cuban cigars. Rangel reminds me of all those old cronies siting in the back room of Grandpa's night club, late at night playing poker, and taking bets from runners.

He has had such a sleazy career...he doesn't deserve to hold office.

Des

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Now that's news to me. I know Jose Serrano is big on statehood but most Congressional representatives are largely pro-commonwealth (aka the status quo, remain a US territory). Did you know that Rangel is half Puerto Rican (his father)?

Charles Rangel is the biggest crook in Congress. He has become the very thing he raged against when he ran against Adam Clayton Powell Jr in 1970 - a corrupt, old, out of touch dinosaur.

I support Adriano Espiallat only because it would add a new face & young blood to my state's delegation to Congress.

top topics

join