It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curtains for CNN? Ratings Fall to 21 Year Low in Prime During the Second Quarter of 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ratings Fall to 21 Year Low in Prime During the Second Quarter of 2012

Cable News Ratings

Source

Looks like this might be the curtains for CNN, The ratings for CNN Fall to 21 Year Low in Prime During the Second Quarter of 2012.

I am not sure what the cause of CNN down is, however in my belief it is these causes that downfall of CNN, CNN obviously one sided war time coverage, since the war in Bosnia CNN has been one sided with the Bosnian government, making interviews and giving interviews, not to neutral citizens who got out of the war zone, but mainly to prominent.

Future Government officials, with covering there names for safety reasons, CNN during the war in Bosnia its agenda was pretty clear.

Ignore the cries made by the Bosnian Serbian civilians and begin what historians and analysts call it Demonization

Source

Fast further to 2011,when the violence started in Syria against the protesters the western mainstream news outlets accused the Syrian Government, with CNN Anderson Cooper, accusing the attacks and blaming the attacks on as attacks made by "Government Thugs"

From Government Thugs, CNN quickly changed its tune and quickly started accusing the minority alawite community. From blaming the alawite then finally CNN found a prefect group to blame the attacks upon.

The Shabiha, the Shabiha have also been accused of violence bu no other then Foreign Affairs a magazine made by The Council on Foreign Relations.

And now CNN is starting slowly to viewers as is FOX, even though FOX news has around 1.79 million viewers, thats out of 300 Million Americans?

Are you saying that just 1.79 million viewers watch FOX News? that wont help FOX news in the long run.
FOX News isn't any different from CNN. They are all the same.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good Riddance! And I hope Fox follows right behind them. Unfortunately, they will both probably be around for a long time to come. They're "too big to fail".

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just curious--What are the ratings for Fox News?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here's something else they can blame Anne Curry for.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Scoreboard: Thursday, June 28

By Merrill Knox on June 29, 2012 7:28 PM

25-54 demographic (Live +SD)
•Total day: FNC: 391 | MSNBC: 221 | CNN: 170 | HLN: 90
• Primetime: FNC: 500 | MSNBC: 379 | CNN: 182 | HLN: 117

Total Viewers (Live +SD)
•Total day: FNC: 1.796 | MSNBC: 777 | CNN: 580 | HLN: 228
• Primetime: FNC: 2.505 | MSNBC: 1.316 | CNN: 632 | HLN: 280
www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I am not sure what the cause of CNN down is, however in my belief it is these causes that downfall of CNN, CNN obviously one sided war time coverage, since the war in Bosnia CNN has been one sided with the Bosnian government, making interviews and giving interviews, not to neutral citizens who got out of the war zone, but mainly to prominent.

Let me get this straight...

You're saying you think CNN is losing ratings in 2012 because of their coverage of the war in bosnia in the 90's?

Is time travel involved?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
They will just get another bailout, they don't need customers. Just the illusion of integrity. Of course it is funny to know they are falling apart and the people are rejecting their propaganda.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There's not going to be a bailout for the news media. The tech giants are moving off of traditional TV.

Netflix, Youtube Premium, Apple is going to soon start making software for TV Operating Systems, and there is even room in there for TIVO, and Google TV.

The Future of television will be interactive and facebook sharing friendly.

Fox News dominates cable though

edit on 30-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

To answer to your question.

You're saying you think CNN is losing ratings in 2012 because of their coverage of the war in bosnia in the 90's?

Yes, people are tired of the propaganda and CNN has been known be one sided during the wars, Just like FOX news CNN during the war in Iraq, was pretty much for it, then against it, until the facts slowly starting coming out. And the other reason why CNN is losing its ratings in 2012 is due to the election coverage.

If you stanguilles7 were paying any attention you would have seen it.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

To answer to your question.

Yes, people are tired of the propaganda and CNN has been known be one sided during the wars, Just like FOX news CNN during the war in Iraq, was pretty much for it, then against it, until the facts slowly starting coming out. And the other reason why CNN is losing its ratings in 2012 is due to the election coverage.

So now you're saying FOX's ratings are also declining? Your own link says that FOX's ratings are 'soaring'.

Your own source is quite specific in the reasons it gives for CNN's decline; they dont have opinionated pundit programming like FOX and MSNBC:

"The network still steers clear of the opinion-oriented programs that bring regular streams of viewers to hosts like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity on Fox and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC."

edit on 30-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There are over 300 Million Americans in total, and only 1.79 million viewers watch FOX News thats not something i would call soaring.

Your own source is quite specific in the reasons it gives for CNN's decline; they dont have opinionated pundit programming like FOX and MSNBC:

like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity on Fox?
those two who are clearly war mongers and have been cheering for a war on Iran since 2009

Yeah those are opinionated pundits.

As for Bill O’Reilly.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Agent, i'm not defending FOX. I'm merely quoting your own source who says that FOX's ratings are 'soaring'.

Did you even read your source?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Agent, i'm not defending FOX. I'm merely quoting your own source who says that FOX's ratings are 'soaring'.

I did if i didn't read the source why you think otherwise i would post my thoughts and the source? another thing why are you still keep changing your profile avatars?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I did if i didn't read the source why you think otherwise i would post my thoughts and the source?

Then why are you contradicting the claims of your source, which says Fox is quote "Flourishing"?

another thing why are you still keep changing your profile avatars?

What does this have to do with anything?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The point is that what is called MSM is only main stream to them. Practically no one is watching them except them. This shows again how disconnected this group of lunatics are from the general public. On Thursday Drudge Report had over 45 million viewers. Drudge is only one out of numerous alternative news sites. Coast to Coast which people make fun of due to some of their unusual topics usually has around 16 million a day. These people who are getting paid outrageous salaries on the Propaganda channels are something like the wall street computers who are buying and selling to each other. No one is investing anymore and no one is buying it anymore.CNN, MSNBC, FOX it time to stand in the unemployment lines like the rest of America is doing. Maybe then you might start to be real reporters again.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

The point is that what is called MSM is only main stream to them.

Are you sure thats the point? OP seemed pretty clear in his claims that CNN is losing ratings because of their coverage of the war in Bosnia in the 90's. He has still yet to explain the time travel angle, though. I'm looking forward to that part of the theory fully expounded upon.

But yes. Boo! MSM. Choir successfully preached to.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Thanks a bunch for the O’Reilly vid! I needed that! That was CLASSIC!

……can’t stop laughing!

The ratings IMO are based on who the people agree with more. People don’t tune in to hear opinions and spin that they disagree with. The same can be said about watching ANY TV show….why bother watching if you don’t like it?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The ratings IMO are based on who the people agree with more. People don’t tune in to hear opinions and spin that they disagree with. The same can be said about watching ANY TV show….why bother watching if you don’t like it?

That seems to be what the data says as well. MSNBC and FOX cater to a specific partisan demographic, so they are doing relatively well. CNN takes a more centrist approach, which is apparently not a very marketable demographic right now. It appears the cable news market is only profitable for stations that have highly partisan soap boxes. Everyone else gets their news online.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It appears the cable news market is only profitable for stations that have highly partisan soap boxes. Everyone else gets their news online.

I look at it like this…if you’re tuning into GB or Hannity or O’Reilly for “news” you’re looking for some ‘partisan news’ that you WON’T hear on the other stations. You won’t hear negative aspects of the left’s agenda on any channel but FOX.

You pointed out that 1.79 million out of 330 million watch FOX…that’s a small percentage, so you are correct that the vast majority of people do get their news elsewhere. Every news source I can think of has an agenda, even online, so it’s up to the viewer/reader/listener to figure out who they trust. If FOX’s rating are higher (which they are) it’s because they are more trusted to those who look to MSM for news. 328 million look elsewhere!

top topics

join