It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentich Case Files Finally Released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
there is a allot of ufo activity in bass straight.

Its very likely he seen something.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

One thing I was waiting to see in the files was some letters from Philip Klass. It appears his research into the case didn't involve much...research?

He he Kandinsky

More on that note here from Don Ecker's blog:

darkmattersradio.com...

In 1992 Parnet/MICAP (MICAP was begun my Mike) flew me and Klass into Denver. There was surprisingly quite a bit of publicity given this event on local media.

The debate itself became very infamous because of something Phil Klass alleged. We were discussing several then well known UFO events and the case of Fredrick Valentich was raised. (Valentich on Wikipedia) Klass claimed that Valentich was smuggling drugs because he had 4 life preservers on board his aircraft. I landed on Klass Hard in the debate. This totally unsubstantiated claim by Klass was eventually discovered by Valentich’s family who were rightly outraged.

I asked Don about the video recording back in July 2011. Hopefuly he will be able to locate it in the future:
www.theparacast.com...

edit on 1-7-2012 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Fascinating. The accident investigative report would of course be transcribed because recorded transmissions often contain garble and static. If the investigation office is to do a proper report they need these analyzed and transcribed for them so they can then try to resolve any issues. So the report. Thanks for that Perhaps.

There is no real need to make any of this up. In fact, an investigator that falsifies a report like this would be in a lot of trouble with not only his agency but with family and other people (like lawyers for instance). The need for secrecy is just that. How do you explain this ongoing traffic between control (who sees nothing on radar) and the reports by the pilot who insists he is being buzzed (toyed with) by an "unknown" exhibiting anomalous appearance and maneuvers? Especially if a crash or missing person is involved. Just too weird for public consumption.

If I was to conjecture about it, I would say that the report of a coughing engine at 19:52 (on page two) is pertinent. That and reports of wreckage and an oil slick found about where they "should be". So the plane went down right when its being "studied" by a "long craft" which has a "green light" and "sort of metallic like-- its all shiny on the outside." These descriptors are made by someone who is struggling to define something he is looking at but does not understand, not by someone perpetrating a hoax.

There are other places in the transcript like that coupled with "open mic" spaces, like he is keying the mike and holding it up to speak but words fail him. I know exactly how he felt. The one time I saw something unknown I was stumped for words too. The last open mic is 17 seconds long... that must have been a doozy.

Oh, to see with his eyes. As far as maneuvering around him, if I put myself in the "aliens" shoes on board that craft, I am recording this entire encounter as well. I am testing the capabilities of this flimsy flying thing that depends on aerodynamics. I am monitoring the communications and using on board computers to translate language between air control and the plane. What frequency, range and signal strength. What response militarily is also important if I am going to be in the area a while (seems other reports corroborate this as a wave of sightings over time]. And capture radar returns to establish their strengths and weakness and the tuning of on board stealth measures. So decloak, fly at the plane from different directions, making numerous passes; causing a disturbance which allows me to measure all the responses, and then...

...what? A mistake? Maybe a miscalculation that overwhelmed the engine or avionics of the plane beyond it's tolerances? Maybe a crash resulted? And a rescue, or a beam me up Scotty event in real life? Maybe a wreck under the waves with a skeleton is still down there waiting to be found. Maybe a wreck was recovered and sequestered for study by authorities and we will never get a look at that. Because it is too revealing? Another cover up missing an ending story of the unexplained.

Thanks OP for that well presented look at another case.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Nice find K! I find it amusing the Valentich case occurred a year after the 1977 premiere of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind.' I think it's quite the coincidence how in the movie the military discovers Flight 19 out in the middle of the desert, and that a year later we get a Cessna disappearing straight into thin air. Synchronicity? Reenactment? Me seeing things where nothing exists? Probably all equally plausible.
Makes you wonder though doesn't it?

Anyhow I just wanted to stop in and compliment you on the thread. Also I thought I'd mention that this afternoon as I was reading through the National Archive document I got a bit tee'd at how the session kept timing out. So to save myself any future aggravation I hammered together a quick script to download and convert all the images to a PDF. Here's a link to the 315 page report on scribd.

www.scribd.com...

For anyone who wants to download additional documents off the Australian National Archives. Here's the source code and a copy of the executable I cobbled together from pieces of the (much) larger Fold3 BlueBook scraping project. Be aware the executable will only work with Firefox. It shouldn't be that difficult to make the script work with another browser. Just download the source and edit lines 278 and 279 replacing firefox with the executable image name of the browser.

line 278: WinActivate("[CLASS:Firefox]")
line 279: WinWaitactive("[CLASS:Firefox]", "", 3)

Cheerio,
-Xt
edit on 1-7-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Never heard of this case before so i look forward to looking into this deeper, thanks for posting

After reading your OP and glancing over the images i did notice one thing in the possible conclusions, that they put the UFO explanation on top as possibility A (most likely?)

Or i'm just reading too much into it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I dont think he would be doing it for the Insurance money in Australia.

When I started working in the late 70s, insurance salesmen were everywhere, jumping on naive young workers to get "Life Insurance". When they conned me and signed me up, I think the "Death Cover" was for about $20,000.00 Virtually peanuts, tho to us on 5K per year it was a small fortune. Not worth faking anything for that amount.

With a couple of days of this news story, One of the major TV current affairs program took some cameras and flew around the same area at night......There was a huge story about them seeing "lights" flying around etc etc blah blah, naturally the film taken was no more dramatic than the current 24,156,234 utube clips of blurry flashing lights in the sky against a black background, 30 years later.
I believe also at around the same time there was a UFO flap over New Zealand and the Tasman sea, between Australia and New Zealand...I think "Close Encounters" came out around the same time, or very close to it, as well .....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It does not cease to amaze me, the things that come out of the woodwork. Documents piles of documents, you just can’t make this stuff up.... Why does the topic of UFOs persist in this manner? If there is not something going on that is completely and totally strange it is the hundreds of case files and documents that continue to pry the mind of people searching for UFOs and the answer to it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Bloody hell D, that's pretty impressive skill! I'll e-mail KB and let him know what you've done because he uses the archives a lot. Thanks a lot.

Synchronicity? Reenactment?

As ever with the interesting cases, it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There was more to this story. The Russians supposedly picked up a UFO investigator on the Russian-Chinese border who had a capsule that he found containing a message from Valentich. The message purportedly said that he had been abducted and had become a transport pilot for an alien ship that was harvesting oxygen from the planet...

Valentich Update - 2005

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

Hiya G, thanks for the link. It looks like Klass pulled the explanation right out of his ass from a comment in the media.

A few years back, Don was selling off his book collection on the paracast forums and it was a classic - full of signed 1st Editions. Just looking on Amazon shows a lot of UFO books going for $100s. I imagine his audio/video/digital collection is equally impressive.

Don can be a pretty good guy. He gave me consent to make a video of a notorious Bill Cooper episode (audio) he has. Maybe you could PM him with a polite reminder about the video tape?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

After reading your OP and glancing over the images i did notice one thing in the possible conclusions, that they put the UFO explanation on top as possibility A (most likely?)

Or i'm just reading too much into it.

I wondered the same thing too. Taken at face value, a pilot says he's being buzzed by a UFO and then vanishes without trace? It has to be considered.

reply to post by Perhaps

Thanks for the images - they really brighten the thread and give people something to get their teeth into.

reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for the comments. It seems *one of ours* wasn't taken into consideration - at least not openly. You could be right about the panic and crashing. There does seem to have been a concentration of unlikely factors that came to a focus with Valentich and the Cessna. Odd stuff!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by okachobi
There was more to this story. The Russians supposedly picked up a UFO investigator on the Russian-Chinese border who had a capsule that he found containing a message from Valentich. The message purportedly said that he had been abducted and had become a transport pilot for an alien ship that was harvesting oxygen from the planet...

Valentich Update - 2005

thats story is a load of snail trail slime.

None of that has never been proved.
edit on 1-7-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this, being that I am somewhat new in the UFO area I have never heard of this incident before but I plan to read up on it now. This one sounds very intersting

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jlfose

Originally posted by jlfose
Living in the US, I never heard about this incident before. Thanks for posting.

...."Were there ever reports of similar crafts after this incident during the next few weeks?"....

Excellent enquiry

There were numerous reports of indifferent "illuminated" aerial activities on the night of, and nights/weeks prior to Frederick Valentich's disappearance.

It may be a "squirmish" read by today's standards, nevertheless the content is still relevant.
bravep ages.com

Furthermore, there has yet to be an explaination for the observation and recording of "UFO" activity off the n/e coast of New Zealand some two months later....there is a connection of interest between the two events.

It's a heavy read, yet ties in with the content of the OP.
8k.com
edit on 1-7-2012 by Perhaps because: maybe

edit on 1-7-2012 by Perhaps because: I can

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I enjoyed reading your post

Regarding the transcript - there's one person I'd shout drinks all night long just to hear his version of events, and that's Steve Robey....the Flight Service Unit radio controller that communicated with Frederick Valentich.

I'm of the understanding that there was further dialogue in that last 17 seconds of the transmission and the indicernible sounds were more revealing than we're led to believe....??

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you, Kandinsky, for an informative, well researched post. It is people like you that remind us that the 1/2 of one percent of genuine UFO sightings are indeed mysterious and worth investigating. Well done. Star & flag.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Very interesting thread (as yours always are). I have not read through all the links yet, but I wondered if anyone had kept up with the girlfriend. Is she still around, or did she eventually "disappear" as well? Just wondering, as he said he wouldn't leave without her.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

edit on 1-7-2012 by Perhaps because: disregard....oops!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There was a meteorite shower in that area that ightt is it not possible the object he saw was a meteor? he did say the object was "not a plane". He then could havebeen hit by another meteor the metalic scraping sounds heard on the audio could be the sounds of the impact?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you, Kandinsky, for an informative, well researched post. It is people like you that remind us that the 1/2 of one percent of genuine UFO sightings are indeed mysterious and worth investigating.

Thanks.

You might even be exaggerating with .5%; it could be a much smaller figure than that.

reply to post by kaylaluv

I have not read through all the links yet, but I wondered if anyone had kept up with the girlfriend. Is she still around, or did she eventually "disappear" as well? Just wondering, as he said he wouldn't leave without her.

Thanks for the kind words. I had the same idea and spent a little time looking for her. She'd be 50 years old this year and could have a married name. There aren't many Rhonda Rushtons out there and even fewer in Australia - searching for Rhonda nee Rushton didn't help either.

If he did indeed plan to disappear, that comment he made a couple of weeks before might have been a test. If she'd shared the fantasy perhaps he would have invited her along? He could have been testing the water.

reply to post by dashdespatch

There was a meteorite shower in that area that ightt is it not possible the object he saw was a meteor? he did say the object was "not a plane". He then could havebeen hit by another meteor the metalic scraping sounds heard on the audio could be the sounds of the impact?

This crossed my mind too, but that kind of aerial destruction would have probably left behind a lot of surface debris and certainly would have left a fuel and oil slick. The other slicks that were analysed weren't from aircraft.

Some kind of *soft landing* into the waters and then sinking could explain the lack of debris/slicks. Then again, they searched the area...which brings us back to Valentich being where he said he was. Not to mention the fact that if a Cessna was ever found around the bay, folk would likely expect it to be the famous Valentich plane and the publicity would go international in hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join