It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your vision of 2015?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Of course I'm talking about one of the greatest iconic 80's trilogies, Back to Future.

Seeing part two on a recent stay in hospital, the part when Marty travels to 2015 made me think that we are only three years away from the actual time. This got me thinking.

Flying cars, power laces and paying $50 for a Pepsi. As a kid growing up, flying cars? Yes, quite possible. Robots as mainstream companions? Hell yeah. I didn't really envision the future as seen in Back to the Future II, but I really thought we would have these things, along with having space travel as a norm the way we jet across the world today. I imagined colonies on Mars, and being a kid of the 80s, nuclear warfare as a norm.

So, as a kid, what did you envision when looking at the future? What did you see us having in society that has not yet come to pass?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I'm still waiting for the hover board to come out.....And that jacket that dries you

Though i do think we have some awesome tech NOW, it's just kept hush hush by the military

Edit to add:
As a child I assumed we would have flying cars by 2015 for certain, but I had a wild imagination...and still do

edit on 29/6/12 by Lucifer84 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join