It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo/quote I think we can all agree on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I think this is something we can all agree on even despite ideological differences
edit on 6/28/12 by shaluach because: edited subject title

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And????

I'm waiting for the And....

There has to be an And....

Please let there be an And....

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sometimes,
people click on a thread topic,
because they expect/hope for
some substance,
often their hopes/expectations are illusions,
and are destroyed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

My bad. I'll try to edit the subject, if possible

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Sometimes,
people click on a thread topic,
because they expect/hope for
some substance,
often their hopes/expectations are illusions,
and are destroyed.

I would venture to guess that most people on ATS are expecting/hoping for some substance in a thread.

Kinda what is expected here.

Oh well. I guess there really is no And...

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A star for the first person to identify what "case" that picture is from.

It has been in a couple of paranormal shows.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

If there is more to your statement, and maybe an example, let's have it. I can however agree to what has been typed so far in the title as I have thought that as well. My Step Dad, actually more a Dad then my biological as he raised me from 3 yrs old on and was always there for me. ( but I ramble......)
Dad would not believe me on a number of topics that were/are major thought provokers. I am finally realizing the why for his responses. If he were to believe in even one, it would probably shatter his belief system to an non repairable state......
For instance, ChemTrails. "Now why the Hell would 'they' be doing that?" My response, "Population Reduction." On and on we went on that one......
Another: bldng #7. and WTC's 1 and 2. Now these he at least has/is considering reality. BUT not the WHY's of it all...... The WHYS are just too much to bear......
AnyWays, all topics like the aforementioned and other BIG events are just too much for him, and others like him to fathom. I believe it is because, simply, He/They do not want to have to realize that their entire lives have been a lie! Well actually, who would, Right?!
Hope this makes some sense and Thanx for bearing with me. Later, Syx.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

After analyzing the picture, I think the illusion being destroyed is growing up. It is a picture of a swing set. But if you look closer at the drag marks on the ground, the middle set is clearly bigger than the others. Maybe an adult with the illusion of being care free and happy like a kid on a swing set that doesn't want to face the hard facts of life and put on his big boy pants.
edit on 6/29/1212 by 1MrMarc because: oops

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What is truth?

"What is truth?" is a very simple question. Of course, answering it isn't so simple. We can offer definitions like "Truth is that which conforms to reality, fact, or actuality." But this basic definition is not complete because its definition is open to interpretation and a wide variety of applications. What is reality? What is fact? What is actuality? How does perception effect truth? We could offer answers for each of these questions, but then we could again ask similar questions of those answers.

Plato said that we can know truth if we 'sublimate our minds to their original purity'. Arcesilaus said that our understanding is not capable of knowing what truth is. Carneades stated that we can never comprehend truth; and not only that, but even our senses are inadequate in assisting us in the investigation of truth. Gorgias said, 'What is right but what we prove to be right? and what is truth but what we believe to be truth?'

I would like to say that truth exists outside of us, for all to see. Unfortunately, humans can be stubborn, and so the actual pinning down of what a truth is is more complicated. Society plays host to two types of truths; subjective truth and objective truth. Subjective truth is given to us through our individual experiences in relation to those around us: in short, it’s the truths we have been raised with. Objective truth is discovered by a search which is critical of our experiences until sufficient evidence has been gathered. The subjective truth is not always in opposition to the objective truth, but it does depend on the subject valuing their worldview more than others.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running can you hear me calling you?

new topics

top topics

join