It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major British and US banks caught manipulating financial markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Barclays have been caught red handed manipulating the financial markets, and were slapped with a tiny fine. But the stock price plummeted on Thursday by 15.5%.

Not only this, but the bankers are facing a criminal inquiry for what they have done.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Even worse is the fact that potentially the majority of British banks, and some US, have been caught manipulating the libor rates.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Expect to see some more fireworks fly over the coming days.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
operation greenlight? Is that prophesy, which sounded like bs, true? Are we seeing a secret rebellion? Whats going on with the banks lately? Its like the end of the world as we know it. If the corruption is exposed to the masses the world will never be the same, thus teotwawki
edit on 28-6-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Banks are getting caught manipulating different aspects of the monetary sustem? No way! I think the scary aspect is the fact it's becoming commonplace. We're getting conditioned to the point we accept it as this is just the way it is. At some point people need to stand up and say "this is not acceptable behavior, and such activities will not be tolerated."

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe there will be fireworks, certainly not on the british side, we'll watch yet another "inquiry" where everybody lies and says they cant remember the specifics like the pointless circus of the leveson inquiry and all of the inquiries over whether we went to war under false pretenses or the government fiddling expenses, collapsing the NHS etc.
At some point some poor sap will be made the scapegoat for the whole fiasco and the rest of the people involved will carry on in there own merry way, again.
Or we'll watch the filthy lizard cameron screeching about other people's tax dodges all the time giggling under his breath that everything he has came from his dad doing the same "morally wrong practices," and nobody is mentioning it.
i'm an ex brit living in the nederlands now but regularly over there and all i see in people of all ages over there is resignation, bit of irritation but mostly resigned to this is how it is and there's nothing you can do about it. the only fight back will be violent thugs burning their neighbors house down in protest, destroying there own neighborhood to make a point, what can you say to that kind of logic,

Hope i'm wrong

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
these people are a disgrace. their fun and games can result in real hardships for many people. their greed knows no bounds.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The Bankers are wankers.....time to clear out the figulators in the till.....
The whole trend of these huge bonuses is whacky also....If the boss deserves a bonus, the labour deserves equal iin scale bonuses too...thats logical....Its all set up for the wealth to make money off the poorer people.....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

Wait a minute. You mean that during the financial crisis our markets took a dive, yet the banks turned in record profits? And people are surprised to find that the banks have been rigging the markets?

How do you think they were hedging the bubble bursts of the last 15 years? I mean, the gas price fixing JP Morgan does is not enough to account for the record breaking profits of the banking industry. Especially at a time when they had just stopped asking for the billions of bailout money.

When banks are doing good business in a down economy, you can bet you are the one taking it in the keister for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I do not think this will change anything, it was already known and it should not be a suprice to any of us that banks are manipulating.
While on a worldwide scale, many people suffer because of banks and their ways to make money, they are even rewarded by bailing them out with taxpayer money if they mess up.
So don't hold your breath that anything good will come out of this, maybe a millions fine while billions of profit were made.
Pretty good deal if you ask me.
The sheeples have lost, not until a worldwide revolution takes place will their be an end to all of this.

top topics

join