It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

exactly which part of poor people cant afford it, dont you understand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by reddwhite

Well, if a poor person is dumb enough to reject the Medicaid offered to them, probably free, and pay the penalty then that is their own fault. What is so hard to understand about that?

this comes from someone who doesn't understand the system.. or has never been part of it..

Free..........................yes.................perhaps......if it's available... in some states........not all.........

the good ol' Oregon Health plan or w/e they call it now............is NOT available any more ..........PERIOD...if there is........then my wife and I are going to make FAT STACKS OF CASH .. because we were lied to.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Finnaly some one tells it like it is. povery is a way for dem to depopulate us, and it probly wont end anytime soon unfortanatly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Goodnight my Friend!! I think I have to work 6 more day before I get another day off..I think that makes me working 13 days straight total..I forget what day it is..my days are running into each other..LOL.WORK WORK WORK..I feel like a ROBOT..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Well, I earn my money with my skills and knowledge. I earn much. You can do that, too.
Higher grade means higher skills so this all comes down to learning something.

Its not ok that a construction worker, who works really hard for his money with his body, earns so low cash, I agree with you on that. But if you want to earn much money, you need special skills. You need to be a person that is not replaceable so easy. Then you are a asked person, thus you get more money.

The reason for this, is that every day, new technologies/branches evolve and you need people with the skills in it to do it. You cannot tell an electrican who works on constructions sites to plan a machine that will CNC steel or whatever with precision. You need people with specialized skills. While there are not much of them, compared to construction workers, you get higher payment. Simply as that.

Well, that's great, you fixed his problem....can you teach that to all construction workers, trash collectors,
and retail sales clerks?

That'd be great, 'cause then we could do away with all that pesky new construction, we'd be forced
to recycle our own waste....and we wouldn't have to waste our time or money shopping because
there would be no one available to take our money at the register.

We can all be doctors, lawyers and dentists and make our mothers proud

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Such a crap. I just tried to provide my view to the topic.
Can´t you read what I wrote?
Damn it I hate it when people only read the first sentence and then they turn on you!
Envy? I worked hard to get those skills, too!
I worked on construction sites, too!
It was fun but hard work, many injuries and less time for family!
I decided to work hard to get a better job!
I did and succeeded. He can do that too.

I DO NOT DEFEND THE SLAVE WAGES PEOPLE GET.
deny ignorance man!

Its not about making your mother proud.
We need construction workers, too.

edit on 29-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I was pointing out the obvious flaw in your reasoning---all of society cannot earn enough, or better
themselves to the point of fiscal security.

Society needs less skilled blue collar workers. And that group will get hit the hardest. It is the people
who make just barely enough not to qualify for benefits who suffer. And if they slip down a notch in pay
the next set of folks up to bear the burden of being classed as the 'gainfully employed working poverty'
are those with meager skills and meager schooling.

And I don't envy anyone, make all you want, I'm happy for you. But realize there are those who
don't possess your wits, and can't acquire your skills, no matter how hard they try.

There are an awful lot of Americans who literally live paycheck to paycheck. Most people I know,
and work with, are in this situation, and this legislation will hurt them the most....

I could care less on a personal level. I have Native American health care and won't be "taxed" or
penalized, but I can (if I want) use the same services that are available for everyone else for free.

The only reason I care is because....I care
edit on 29-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I already said that cw´s for example do not get the money they should.
It´s sad.
But it was always this way, people with skill get work.
Maybe not in overpopulated areas where living cost are high, too.

My point was it´s not fair but hey, if you want to get to high wages, you have to play the game.
As sad as it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join