It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Proxies Turkey and Saudi Arabia Move to War Footing on Eve of Syrian ‘Peace Summit’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Very good detailed analysis of what is going both with Syria and why a larger war may erupt. Just wanted to pass it along.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Thank you. I'll be following your thread with interest.
I truly believe this could be the beginning of the end for Syrian regime...with Iran hopefully next.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I truly believe this could be the beginning of the end for Syrian regime...with Iran hopefully next.

"hopefully"? So more war and blood is your hope.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

One could say it would be gthe end to the blood of innocent civilians being killed by the Syrian regime on a daily basis. You can argue that it is all lies if you like but anybody in touch with reality can see that there is something going on in that country and it isn't pleasant.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Syriously (pun intended), WHY NOT have NATO help Turkey to Absorb Syria?

It seems that the current practice of attacking foreign countries with dictatorial regimes which threaten world and regional stability...has become ineffective and obsolete.

By destroying their military and leadership, occupying them for a brief period of time to install a democratic government, before withdrawing our forces,...we have seen, time and again, the country fall into the hands of terrorist groups, anarchy, or even more vile dictators.

In the end, what evolves is a country that is even less stabilized and conducive to world or regional peace.

We are currently seeing this take place in Afganistan, Iraq and Libya.

Maybe it's a good idea if some of these countries finally cease to exist as an individual entity...and we allow (or even encourage) them to become absorbed by their neighboring rival countries (assuming those rivals are actually more stable and, even better, that they are our allies in the region.

Syria, would be a great example. Let's give it to Turkey!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but, really, what has Syria ever done to forward either our interests, or the interests of regional and world peace?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Turkey is a member of NATO, so by definition can't be a proxy for NATO. In fact, it's one of NATO's most powerful members.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ok maybe your have been brainwashed to think that
so i will forgive you for your delusional comment

I invite you to view this video and compare it exactly with whats going on in Syria

edit on 6/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The person who wrote that article clearly knows little about the region, geo-political realities or military affairs. Turkey and the Kingdom want Syria to be a stable nation that does not kill its own people. If Assad had taken a less militant stance and stepped down Syria would not be in this state so now he has to go. They are also aware that the Syrian military is defecting at an increasing rate. A show of force can help increase that but an invasion would reverse it. Minor military action like a no fly zone or airstrikes are the most extreme miltary actions one can expect and even those are very unlikely as no one seems interested in doing much beyond talking when it comes to Syria. Russia and China will not Syria and could not even if they wanted to. In the end Assad will go, the question is how long and how many die before that happens and if the West fails to show more solid support for the rebels then radical groups will and then you will have nation upset at western inaction and thankful for radical support. Will the West look beyond is current distaste for anything beyond talk and allow Syria to possibly become a much larged threat down the road? That will be something to watch.

Also do these idiots calling Turkey a NATO proxy not know Turkey is in NATO?
edit on 28-6-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey i didnt write the article i just copied the headline. I suggest you email www.globalresearch.ca and let them know.

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Turkey is a member of NATO, so by definition can't be a proxy for NATO. In fact, it's one of NATO's most powerful members.

edit on 28-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by corporation

"hopefully"? So more war and blood is your hope.

So how much blood and war will there be when Iran decides it's time to vaporize Israel...and begins passing out nukes to terrorist organizations?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Hey i didnt write the article i just copied the headline. I suggest you email www.globalresearch.ca and let them know.

Not worth my time, it's a poor excuse for a news/information site. I wouldn't use it as a source for much, if anything.

If they can't get that sort of basic piece of information straight, why believe them on much else? And it's not the first time I've seen some pretty dubious stuff from them being linked here. The site is supposed to be about globalization, yet they don't know some basic facts about NATO and one of the more important military powers within NATO? How much research are they doing at "Global Research?" Doesn't seem like much.
edit on 6/28/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Indeed, We knew this was coming, Military presence is posturing, though, they just wait for 'Shelling' or 'Threatening Action' and they attack, which escalates further, we know the US will no doubt back Turkey,

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

First thing that came to my mind! Starred. I just hope that the Turks are diplomatically strong and wise, and not a patsy for some of the rest of NATO.

Just to add, The OP's story is dated today, however it is also out of date, or rather Finian Cunningham is out of date, since Turkey has said that the plane was indeed inside Syrian territory, and the plane is an important part of the story.
edit on 28-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that is they do not know that simple thing, that they really do not care about facts. As I said they have no idea what they are talking about. Be nice if they at least tried a little though.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

I am pretty sure that is they do not know that simple thing, that they really do not care about facts. As I said they have no idea what they are talking about. Be nice if they at least tried a little though.

It's actually down to Finian Cunningham, I think it is his article. Why he should see Turkey as anything less a member of NATO than the rest of the members is unclear, other than the geographical position. In the past they have been forthright in their diplomacy, and not to be messed with too much. That in itself does not make him entirely wrong, but somewhat opinionated in regard to Turkey's position, NATO needs Turkey as much as Turkey needs NATO, perhaps more, in certain areas.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The article also references (several times) that UK, US and France as lead/major NATO members. It seems like he would reference any Non-charter members as a "proxy". A fallacy in his verbage as all members are equally important.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Starred! I have seen the light! Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I believe Discussions have commenced,

though, i fail to envision progress,

whilst this decision is highly improbable to lead to 'War', i believe a well constructed 'Accident' shall provoke Turkey to 'Retaliate'

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think those two countries would be better defined as US proxies. That website has no citations, and therefore nothing more than hearsay.

new topics

top topics

join