It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am so sick of people acting like this is just a joke. If you watch the Video, you will see they ARE NOT saying its a UFO....Just something Very, Very, Very special..OK...They are not saying ATLANTIS OR ALIEN, Nothing like that. So those of you who want to go ahead and make fun of this, go right ahead. Oh and go and read your freaking I am an alien contact crap and fall for that. I don't really care if this ends up being rocks that just happened to fall into place naturally. AT LEAST ITS REAL. So much CRAP gets posted on this site anymore its barely worth the visit. I have been visiting this site for gosh I don't know well over 8 years. I used to listen to Art Bell all the time. Oh and the freaking IDIOT that always says "Pictures or it didn't happen" Forget you dork...Just because someone has no proof does not mean it didn't happen! Let me ask you did you poop yesterday? If you answer yes and I say PICTURES OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN, well gee I guess it didn't happen. Too many freaking IDIOTS on this site anymore. THIS IS FOR REAL, and maybe it wont change the world but at least its INTERESTING.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
I am so sick of people acting like this is just a joke. If you watch the Video, you will see they ARE NOT saying its a UFO....Just something Very, Very, Very special..OK...They are not saying ATLANTIS OR ALIEN, Nothing like that. So those of you who want to go ahead and make fun of this, go right ahead. Oh and go and read your freaking I am an alien contact crap and fall for that. I don't really care if this ends up being rocks that just happened to fall into place naturally. AT LEAST ITS REAL. So much CRAP gets posted on this site anymore its barely worth the visit. I have been visiting this site for gosh I don't know well over 8 years. I used to listen to Art Bell all the time. Oh and the freaking IDIOT that always says "Pictures or it didn't happen" Forget you dork...Just because someone has no proof does not mean it didn't happen! Let me ask you did you poop yesterday? If you answer yes and I say PICTURES OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN, well gee I guess it didn't happen. Too many freaking IDIOTS on this site anymore. THIS IS FOR REAL, and maybe it wont change the world but at least its INTERESTING.

brilliant choice of words sir, oh and this is in no way a natural formation imo.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

No, saying I took a crap yesterday doesn't demand evidence because people take craps all the time. Again, repeating myself, great claims require great evidence. There is no evidence that can't be explained by natural phenomena -- from the shape to the electronic interference. The expedition team has come out and said they believe it's a natural formation. But you can speak for them if you wish; just don't expect me to pay attention to you.

If you're going to claim this is something new -- geologically, archeologically, or otherwise scientifically, you have to have proof. Not just, "My underqualified treasure hunting junker crew doesn't understand what's going on!" I'm done with this topic. The cult of ufology is too deep into this one. Logic is no alternative to blind faith.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcolsto
reply to post by kurthall

No, saying I took a crap yesterday doesn't demand evidence because people take craps all the time. Again, repeating myself, great claims require great evidence. There is no evidence that can't be explained by natural phenomena -- from the shape to the electronic interference. The expedition team has come out and said they believe it's a natural formation. But you can speak for them if you wish; just don't expect me to pay attention to you.

If you're going to claim this is something new -- geologically, archeologically, or otherwise scientifically, you have to have proof. Not just, "My underqualified treasure hunting junker crew doesn't understand what's going on!" I'm done with this topic. The cult of ufology is too deep into this one. Logic is no alternative to blind faith.

You see this is the problem. You say they came out and said they believe it's a natural formation, but you cut out what you like to say/hear. They said that it could be natural or man-made. How comes you didnt catch the second part? It's been repeated a hundred times now by the OceanX team.

You are not any different than those people saying it is definitely an UFO. Cause they did not say this either, just that they don't know yet what it is. As stated above and many times before that, the analysis and final conclusions have not been made, by the people inspecting it. How in the world did you come to a conclusion already?

And you are asking for proof? Then I recommend some patience and we all will know as they keep informing us (well as much they are allowed). Everything else is speculations on our behalf.

Mind boggling.

StringTh

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Looks like an ancient building to me. The skid marks are easy to explain, they are current deposits that are blocked by the structure making it look like the object "skidded". I' grew up along the Ohio river, and have seen the same patterns around rocks that are in slow moving currents.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

I did. You might want to learn how to read. That's why I mentioned that it could be geological, archeological (Archeology-The study of human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts, in case you forgot what that means, or otherwise a wholly different scientific discovery). You even quoted me in your response. And claiming an archeological discovery or an ancient unknown civilization is also a great claim.

I claimed that every mystery they have encountered can be explained by natural phenomenon. That's true. Do some research and contain your ignorance.

"Digital pictures FoxNews.com has obtained from the team show that the object, located beneath the waves of the Baltic between Sweden and Finland, is some sort of “natural, geological formation,” Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team, told FoxNews.com."

THE TEAM THAT'S EXAMINING IT BELIEVES IT'S NATURAL. THE LEADER OF THE TEAM HAS SAID AS SUCH. HE DOESN'T MENTION ARTIFICIAL CAUSES. But you know, I was nice, and despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I threw you a bone and told you there may be a faint archeological explanation because such an explanation cannot be 100% disproven at this point. Before you engage in attack, do us a courtesy and read other people's comments. You look foolish.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 2-7-2012 by jcolsto because: definitions for people who don't understand big words

edit on 2-7-2012 by jcolsto because: decreased the times the word claim was used

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What's with these ridiculous anecdotes lol? Seriously, I'd be curious to see how you categorize yourself for once...

Are you:

a) Chocolate with jimmies?

or

b) Strawberry with sprinkles?
edit on 2-7-2012 by BS_Slayer because: grammer :/

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marymaryg4321
So...it's a mushroom then? Disappointing

edit on 29-6-2012 by marymaryg4321 because: (no reason given)

((((SLAP))))

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

Let's take it sentence by sentence then:

There is no evidence that can't be explained by natural phenomena -- from the shape to the electronic interference.

Besides that there was not much evidence coming out of the explorers, please do provide us with some explanations as to what we are looking at and how these electronic interferences occur.

The expedition team has come out and said they believe it's a natural formation.

Wrong. The expedition team has come out numerous times and said that they do not know what it is and that it could be natural, man-made or otherwise. Where did they confirm that it is 100% natural? Please provide link and pleaaaase not FoxNews.

But you can speak for them if you wish;

No thanks, you are doing that already.

You say:

If you're going to claim this is something new -- geologically, archeologically, or otherwise scientifically, you have to have proof.

then you say:

You might want to learn how to read. That's why I mentioned that it could be geological, archeological (Archeology-The study of human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts, in case you forgot what that means, or otherwise a wholly different scientific discovery).

Firstly, thanks for the definition of archeology, what would I do without you?

As you can read for yourself, you have not mentioned that it could be geological, archeological... You said if we claim that this is something new then we need to have proof. So you talk about us claiming it and not yourself. I can read but do you understand what you have written?

Secondly we do not need to have any proof but the OceanX team will have to do so.

The cult of ufology is too deep into this one.

Some people on this thread are neither UFO believers nor dismissing it as such. Yet it is still very interesting find. But it is easy for you to label people as a cult and throw them all in one bag.

Logic is no alternative to blind faith.

Your only correct sentence suits to all of us including your good selves.

"Digital pictures FoxNews.com has obtained from the team show that the object, located beneath the waves of the Baltic between Sweden and Finland, is some sort of “natural, geological formation,” Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team, told FoxNews.com."

You do know that, this article is from the 18th of June? We are now in July and Peter Lindberg had this to say recently.

Kevin Smith intervies Peter Lindberg (soundcloud)

I threw you a bone and told you there may be a faint archeological explanation because such an explanation cannot be 100% disproven at this point.

You did not throw me any such bones as shown above. And now you say what I'm trying to tell you: You can not prove or disprove it 100% at this point.

In one thing I'm with you: I think it is silly to come on these threads and say that these formations have anything to do with aliens. And I don't believe this even a bit. But that it could very well be an ancient site, which could teach us more of our ancestors.

So why so much anger towards these threads? Are you annoyed because these threads get so much attention, or are you worried that it gets the wrong sort of attention? Where do you stand?

Before you engage in attack, do us a courtesy and read other people's comments. You look foolish.

The same goes for you, right?

StringTh

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Veterans Today has a story that touches on this(and other UFO things) www.veteranstoday.com...

Quite interesting

Also, you can't tell me that that "first anomaly" doesn't look a hell of a lot like this:
media.photobucket.com...

edit on 2-7-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

I was using a poor analogy, but I have a short little story that happened to me about a month ago. I was looking up at the sky and saw a bright light. I live close to LAX and Burbank airport so I assumed it was plane, but it looked different than what I usually see. This went on for like a Minute or so. I grabbed my cell phone and was trying to get it on camera mode, but I was both excited and nervous, because I wanted to watch this "thing" well by the time I got my video ready to record on my phone I then realized it really was just a plane, (I know stupid on my part) but my point being, had this been a real UFO which at first I thought it might have been by the time I got ready to video it it could have been gone or too far away for me to actually document the event...It could have zoomed over my head if it would have been a UFO and I still wouldn't have got it on video. This is why when someone says "Pictures/video or it didn't happen" I say "not true"!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Lol the first anomaly is shaped exactly like the millenium falcon!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

It has been compared to that, for well over a year. Back when some thought that it was a UFO, or crashed craft of some kind, which the people doing the expedition are sure its not at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Personally I think some people are scared of a real mystery, so scared that they try to muddy the water, or ridicule the subject, or deliberatly misquote, at least I hope it is why, otherwise they may just be trying to distract others. The never said it was a metalic UFO, or a giant tasty mushroom, or a prehistoric Waldorf Hotel, or any other thing like that. It seems to be an interesting mystery, perhaps natural, perhaps not, but either way very interesting, let's just enjoy it and wait and see.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hello

I'm very sorry but , for me , there is just a "considerable" difference between 60 feet (size of this "Baltic object") and UFO about "one mile diameter" described in the story you linked...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall

It has been compared to that, for well over a year. Back when some thought that it was a UFO, or crashed craft of some kind, which the people doing the expedition are sure its not at this point in time.

Well, the people doing the expedition don't have the necessary tech to determine what it is one way or another. They don't have access to suppressed tech that our "black ops" people do. And there is no way in hell that it's resemblance to the Falcon is a coincidence. George Lucas got some 'splainin to do ^^

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bennogob

Hello

I'm very sorry but , for me , there is just a "considerable" difference between 60 feet (size of this "Baltic object") and UFO about "one mile diameter" described in the story you linked...

Well, I'm very sorry, but, if you had actually read the article, you'd have seen that both subjects are discussed

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No one knows for sure what it is, and that's what's fascinating right now
I for one don't think it's a UFO/Extraterrestrial craft. I do however HOPE it's part of a large ancient structure that is buried. Imagine that it's the top of a building and there is a whole city under there!
I'm just sayin', I'd be awesome

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
In my humble know nothing opinion,i would think it's an ancient man made structure.At least that is my main hope.And what could the second anomaly reveal?
Whatever it is it's got my curiosity tweeked.I just hope it doesn't fade into some massive non event,like the strange sounds and dragonfly drones.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by dashdespatch

You are not interested in this strange case that show different clues and incredible news day by day?
Don't you belive?

Count me in. There is something important under the sea. I am a mystical sort of Christian and I've had a vision on this. The object confirms my suspicion. Not surprised or unbelieving, just excited. Never mind them they will catch on.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join