It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They knew the Wildfires would happen, PROOF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I found a interesting document that outlines the reasons for the current wildfires in Colorado and the reasoning behind why NOTHING was done preemptively to prevent the wildfires. It was a drafted document from 2006 that seems to highlight the root cause of the current out of control wildfires. Note it was put together by:

Colorado state forest services
University of Colorado
Colorado Forest Restoration Institue
University of Idaho

www.horsetoothlakeestates.org... ecentForestInsectOutbreaksandFireRiskinCOForests.pdf

It also has some tips for how a homeowner could proactively manage, or with a neighborhood, the wildfire risks they have. I have a friend on those firelines now and he swears most homes could be saved by clearing the neighborhoods 1 a year of damaged/dead trees. The docs a bit heavy on the causes/recommendations but if your a skimmer (like me) then at least read the last few pages.

The reason WHY they are not cleared? The BLM does not allow this kind of land management. Better think twice about living next to a preserve, natural fires are part of their plan...Oh the wisdom of our leaders
I know that I am in a fire zone that got burned bad last year, I'm going to talk to my neighbors soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
That made me think of having heard the term "Scorched Earth Policy" but didn't know what context to use it in.

Sure hope it doesn't mean this,according to
dictionary.reference.com...

scorched-earth policy
   [skawrcht-urth]
noun
a military practice of devastating the property and agriculture of an area before abandoning it to an advancing enemy.

Otherwise,sounds like Agenda 21.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

In a SHTF scenario, Colorado would have been an ideal place to hide.

I'm not saying....I'm just thinking out loud.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Wow that link has been 404'd

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Fire is a part of nature, has been for a long time and of course they are going to continue to happen. Anyone who lives in a fire prone area had better make some preparations, being caught unaware does affect your chances for survival.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

It's not 404'd right click and select copy link location, paste is and add the un Hyperlinked text after it, it should read RecentForestInsectOutbreaksandFireRiskinCOForests.pdf after the slash.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The BLM does not allow this kind of land management.

Not sure where you get that from:

Removing dead trees and other fuels can effectively reduce the risk of fire damage at a
local scale, e.g., in the immediate vicinity of a home or community. However, the effectiveness of
harvest in reducing fire risk over larger areas, e.g., a forest landscape, is less clear. Conventional timber harvest may do little to reduce fire risk at any scale if it removes primarily large trees, because smaller trees, brush, and dead fuels often are the major carriers of a spreading fire. Harvesting smaller trees and removing small fuels may more effectively reduce fire risk (Figure 12).

www.horsetoothlakeestates.org...

Can you point out where it is stated that the BLM prohibits it?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Not true, it's where the extremely rich or influential have built their bunkers. In a shtf scenario that place will be on super lock down. Go look up how many are in the area, and how many we're built by tptb. You aren't the first to think of that, though you are right.

Wouldn't want post apocalyptic scavengers poking around your vaults, would you?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sigh

Oh. Phage linked it. I'm sure he only did so on account of his ties to TPTB, grey aliens, the reptilians, um... shillyness and insatiable appetite for something sinister. I'm not sure of his intentions, but if he disagrees with me he must be one of them. 'Them' is code for sober people.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It'll snow soon their, no worries. Just keep that fire away from the west in the meantime...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It seems the BLM has a very active fuel reduction program in Colorado.

Annually, the BLM completes about 15,000 acres of fuels reduction projects in the state. Colorado focuses its fuels reduction efforts on areas near communities known as the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI). About 68 percent of the acres treated for fuels reduction in Colorado are focused within the WUI. The remaining 32 percent of fuels work is designed to enhance and sustain healthy ecosystems.

www.blm.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

It's not 404'd right click and select copy link location, paste is and add the un Hyperlinked text after it, it should read RecentForestInsectOutbreaksandFireRiskinCOForests.pdf after the slash.

Thanks!

top topics

join