It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does all the hate for WASP Politics and Culture come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by olaru12

Then why would "the near genocide of the Native Americans and the Slavery of Blacks" be a valid reason to hate the current politics, and culture of WASPs?

After all, the subject of this thread is "Where does all the hate for WASP Politics and Culture come from?"

See ya,
Milt

I don't know who the hell you are Milt, but I appreciate all the typing you're saving me from having to do in this thread!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by olaru12

Then why would "the near genocide of the Native Americans and the Slavery of Blacks" be a valid reason to hate the current politics, and culture of WASPs?

After all, the subject of this thread is "Where does all the hate for WASP Politics and Culture come from?"

See ya,
Milt

I think I answered that question. You're just trolling and baiting now.

See ya

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the best threads I have seen in a while. To the OP and Milt great responses. You have said things many people believe but are too scared to voice. Great job.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

I'm just an all American mutt! Like many Americans who's lineage can be traced back to the Mayflower, my heritage is primarily "WASP", with a significant amount of Native American blood running through my veins. I reckon that alone shows that not all "WASPs" were "hell bent" on wiping out the "Indians". Furthermore, one of my ancestors played a HUGE role in the fight against slavery. If it hadn't been for Harriet Beecher Stowe, a true "WASP", I doubt anyone would have ever heard of Dr. Martin Luther King.

I'm glad I could help in your fight against ignorance. Even as short as I am sure this thread will be, I have enjoyed it immensely! Thank you!

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 28-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You're just trolling and baiting now.

Yeah, I get that a lot from those that I've backed into a corner, and can find no other way out. That's why I consider comments such as that a compliment, as well as a sign of defeat.

Thank you! I'll give you a star for that.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rockledr

Though I do thank you for the kind mention, I also commend the OP for starting a "pro WASP" thread in an anti American environment.

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 28-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

This is your Statement:

I don't hate period. Didn't you read my post? However I'm not fond of neo Nazi skinheads, or unthinking nationalists, racists of any color or creed, KKK types, or those that refuse to deny ignorance by embracing a foolish agenda.

I noticed you only mentioned KKK types, do you also have a problem with The New Black Panther Party?

I know in China as far as slavery is concern, it is taught in school that men and women caught in battles between tribes in Africa were sold into slavery by other black people.
I know you mention Racist of any color or creed, but you only mentioned the white groups as you did in your other post.
Just saying,,, you don't seem to include others only that Evil White Man.
By the way, my husband is American Indian and left the Reservation of his own free will and made a very good life for himself and his family.

edit on 28-6-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You'd better be careful! It's only "politically correct" to show that Whites are racists!
I had to give you a star anyway though.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Where does all the hate for WASP Politics and Culture come from?

Like every other form of bias, racism, and bigotry, it comes from knowing some very poor examples of WASPs.

People mistakenly assume that racists are people that don't understand the opposite race, when quite the opposite is actually true. You can't truly be racist until you get intimately involved in the inner-workings of the other race and realize you actually hate them.

I think this is the case with WASPs as well. Not all WASPs are bad, but enormous damage has been done to large swaths of the population and country by allowing a few elites at the top to subjugate, manipulate, and estort us, so now in general, a lot of people hate the very idea of the WASP culture.

Just my opinion, and for the record many might even describe me as a WASP, although I am definitely not that kind of religious.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

you figured that out just now L
L

note how quick they are to point out others crimes as justification of their own

generations of WASP mothers wisdom ignored:
"if everybody else jumps off a cliff, doesn't mean you should"

as for slavery look into the private prison system in middle american, sparsley populated states [mostly wasp]
their PPS is full of MINORITY Out of State prisoners for which they get paid for
in addition to putting them to work for peanuts.
none of these minority prisoners have any kind of representation or vote
but come census time they are counted as locals for purposes of getting even more Fed Money than they are entitled too, uh huh.

and they are still F'ing over the natives

Arizona’s Sens. McCain & Kyl Seek to Extinguish Navajo and Hopi Water Rights educate-yourself.org...

Senate Bill 2109 Seeks to Extinguish Navajo and Hopi Water Rights

www.nativenewsnetwork.com...

TUBA CITY, ARIZONA – Senators Jon Kyl, Arizona - R, and John McCain, Arizona - R, will be in Tuba City on Thursday, April 5, 2012, to persuade Navajo Nation and Hopi Tribal leaders to give up their peoples' aboriginal and Treaty-guaranteed priority Water Rights by accepting a "Settlement Agreement" written to benefit some of the West's most powerful mining and energy corporations.

They are doing so by trying to persuade the Navajo Nation and Hopi leaders to support and endorse Senate Bill 2109. Senate Bill 2109 45; the "Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012" was introduced by Kyl and McCain on February 14, 2012, and is on a fast track to give Arizona corporations and water interests a "100 th birthday present" that will close the door forever on Navajo and Hopi food and water sovereignty, security and self-reliance. S.2109 asks the Navajo and Hopi peoples to waive their priority Water Rights to the surface waters of the Little Colorado River "from time immemorial and thereafter, forever" in return for the shallow promise of uncertain federal appropriations to supply minimal amounts of drinking water to a handful of reservation communities.

The Bill - and the "Settlement Agreement" it ratifies - do not quantify Navajo and Hopi water rights - the foundation of all other southwestern Indian Water Rights settlements to date - thereby denying the Tribes the economic market value of their water rights, and forcing them into perpetual dependence on uncertain federal funding for any water projects. Senators Kyl and McCain know well that without water, life is not
possible. Yet, their Bill and the "Settlement Agreement" close the door forever to any possibility of irrigated agriculture and water conservation projects to heal and restore Navajo and Hopi watersheds (keeping sediment from filling downstream reservoirs) to grow high-value income and
employment-producing livestock and crops for Navajo, Hopi and external markets; and to provide once again for healthy, diabetes - and obesity-free nutrition and active lifestyles for all future generations of Navajo and Hopi children.

Senators Kyl and McCain demand that the Navajo and Hopi people waive and give up all their rights to legal protection of injury to surface and ground water supply and quality in the past, present, and future - yet the Navajo and Hopi peoples do not even know the full extent and nature of the rights they are being pressured to waive because the details of the "Settlement Agreement" are not being shared with the public.

yet another treaty to be violated

a native member here once posted that legally the tribes are classified,
not as human, but as wildlife.

i imagine that makes it easier for scum like mccain to break treaties when it's profitable

those who say slavery and racism ended,
are just whistling dixie.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread855576/pg1#pid14427026]I think this is the case with WASPs as well. Not all WASPs are bad, but enormous damage has been done to large swaths of the population and country by allowing a few elites at the top to subjugate, manipulate, and estort us, so now in general, a lot of people hate the very idea of the WASP culture.

I really do appreciate you stepping in here to demonstrate my point. You take issue with the culture and people that are directly responsible for the life you enjoy.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I whistle Dixie and my truck horn plays it. The only slaves are the working people payingfor the lazy. Racism exists, everyone is racist to a degree, some way more than others just check out the NBPP or NBFS. If you are not sure about the last one do some research on who or what it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to X I think this is the case with WASPs as well. Not all WASPs are bad, but enormous damage has been done to large swaths of the population and country by allowing a few elites at the top to subjugate, manipulate, and estort us, so now in general, a lot of people hate the very idea of the WASP culture.

I really do appreciate you stepping in here to demonstrate my point. You take issue with the culture and people that are directly responsible for the life you enjoy.

I realize the original WASPs are responsible for a large part of the good in our culture, but those original founders were not the same elitists that eventually bastardized our culture and profited from it. Don't worry though, I hate all the other cultures as well. I also love a good deal about each of the cultures contained in the US. I could say extremely negative things about each piece of my own heritage, but I can also appreciate all the good parts.

You asked a question, and I responded to your question. I didn't say I necessarily agree with the reasons we hate each other, but I'm a realist and I can admit the reasons exist and are somewhat justified.
edit on 28-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I read a lot of threads here, and I've noticed overwhelming hate for the traditional White Anglo-Saxon culture, and politics of the United States. I find this very bizarre considering the fact that we enjoy the standard of living, and free system we do BECAUSE of that very culture and group of people

We enjoy (some of us) a high standard of living because of Progressive society and science- not backwards religious people.

The main answer is that so many WASPS are seen being spoiled, corrupt, bastards that make themselves wealthy by bankrupting average people, bombing the world and destroying the planet. Oh, and all the religious crap and oppression they push on everybody else.

So now that I'm an atheist from Washington state does that make me a WA?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

as for slavery look into the private prison system in middle american, sparsley populated states [mostly wasp]
their PPS is full of MINORITY Out of State prisoners for which they get paid for
in addition to putting them to work for peanuts.
none of these minority prisoners have any kind of representation or vote
but come census time they are counted as locals for purposes of getting even more Fed Money than they are entitled too, uh huh.

The same applies to "WASP" prisoners, so what exactly is your point?

You, and the articles you linked to, make it sound like Native Americans have no say in their own affairs. Nothing could be further from the truth:

As decision time looms for a controversial Little Colorado River water settlement, Navajo and Hopi tribal governments are looking increasingly likely to support the settlement – and oppose its companion federal legislation, SB 2109.

Source

a native member here once posted that legally the tribes are classified, not as human, but as wildlife

A Native American once told me the Moon was made out of cheese too, but I don't believe either comment.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I do see what you're saying, I don't completely agree.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I do see what you're saying, I don't completely agree.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by olaru12

This is your Statement:

I don't hate period. Didn't you read my post? However I'm not fond of neo Nazi skinheads, or unthinking nationalists, racists of any color or creed, KKK types, or those that refuse to deny ignorance by embracing a foolish agenda.

I noticed you only mentioned KKK types, do you also have a problem with The New Black Panther Party?

Try and keep up. You didn't notice where I mentioned "racists of any color or creed" and that includes the New Black Panther Party doesn't it?

Selective reading leads to misinterpretation and an inability to deny ignorance; your agenda is showing. Also I'm not very fond of fat people, ignorant slobs, trailer trash, republicans, democrats, tea party geeks, cigarette smokers, evangelicals, drunks, junkies, cops, school teachers, WalMart shoppers, sodomites, politicians, authority figures, effete intellectual snobs, or losers in general.

See ya

olaru12

edit on 28-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Also I'm not very fond of fat people, ignorant slobs, trailer trash, republicans, democrats, tea party geeks, cigarette smokers, evangelicals, drunks, junkies, cops, school teachers, WalMart shoppers, or losers in general.

I'm not very fond of shallow, narrow minded individuals who make judgments based on nothing more than association. That seems to describe you pretty well.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join