65 percent of Americans say Obama better suited to handle alien invasion than Romney

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't quite sure to put this in the Aliens forum, or the US political madness forum haha. Anyway, I thought this was interesting and was wondering if anyone had actually seen such a poll. I know I wasn't asked about it lol. Anyway, I thought it was rather amusing, and actually kind of sad in light of the current state of the nation. Don't we all have more important things to worry about like the economy and jobs? Anyway, since this is a conspiracy sight, I have to ask the question - do they know something that we don't?




"We wanted the pulse on people's opinions," said Brad Dancer, senior vice president of research and digital media for National Geographic, who conducted the survey for the new series "Chasing UFOs." "We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it." Nearly 65 percent of respondents said Obama would be better suited to handle a theoretical alien invasion than Romney.





During a May visit to the White House by the actor Will Smith and his family, Obama was quizzed by Smith's 13-year-old son, Jaden, about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. In an interview with the BBC, Smith recounted Obama's reaction to his son: "OK, I can neither confirm or deny the existence of extraterrestrials," Obama reportedly said from the White House Situation Room. "But I can tell you if there had been a top secret meeting, and if there would have been a discussion about it, it would have taken place in this room."



news.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is there a link to this article???? I would love to see who created this tale this amazing story. lol

Is this the type of things they thing are going to win someone an election?? I thought Aliens didn't exist...



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861
 


yes, sorry. I just put up the link.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ah yes, good old alien invasion policies. So important in these times of total non-disclosure.
Can they not find more realistic or pressing issues to poll people about?



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1
 



in all honesty i think this whole "poll" is 100% fake.


the reason being, i live in america, and nobody asked me if i thought Obama or Romney was better suited to handle alien invasion.


im not in the 65% i guess lol.



honestly, i don't think either of them would do a good job with extra terrestrials.



peace.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yes, I'm sure Obama would quickly look up Alien Invasion Laws that are already on the books and simply declare he's not going to enforce them.

Unless of course the Aliens were over 30 light years old and were wanted for intergalactic felonies on Nibiru.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'd probably say Obama could handle it better.
He does have a kill list and appears to love war more then our last president.
Maybe all these drones are for the alien invasion.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1
 


Funny!

I'd also like to add that it all hinges on whether the aliens can vote.
If they can't they are sooooo dead.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1
 

Mr. Obama already has "plan A" worked out! First he'd apologize for being an Earthling, then he'd invite them to a "Beer Summit".

See ya,
Milt

edit on 27-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They know everything.
Oboma would be better to handle it



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And when the need coincidentally arises, for Obama to handle the alien scenario, before November, he will then, in November, recieve -landslide- -votes-. Gotta love those coincidences.

(Not!)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Well, I wasn't quite sure to put this in the Aliens forum, or the US political madness forum haha. Anyway, I thought this was interesting and was wondering if anyone had actually seen such a poll. I know I wasn't asked about it lol. Anyway, I thought it was rather amusing, and actually kind of sad in light of the current state of the nation. Don't we all have more important things to worry about like the economy and jobs? Anyway, since this is a conspiracy sight, I have to ask the question - do they know something that we don't?



"We wanted the pulse on people's opinions," said Brad Dancer, senior vice president of research and digital media for National Geographic, who conducted the survey for the new series "Chasing UFOs." "We wanted to get a sense of how Americans view UFOs, what people believe and how mainstream pop culture may or may not be playing into their opinions on it." Nearly 65 percent of respondents said Obama would be better suited to handle a theoretical alien invasion than Romney.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)


The poll was probably commissioned by Romney supporters in an effort to make Obama supporters look silly. But that only works if they can make them look sillier than a typical Republican supporter, (I guess)..


Anyways, I guess that Romney would probably have no problem with aliens landing. He'd probably figure they are just the "ten lost tribes of Israel".



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Veritas1
 

Mr. Obama already has "plan A" worked out! First he'd apologize for being an Earthling, then he'd invite them to a "Beer Summit".

See ya,
Milt

edit on 27-6-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo


I think the aliens under thirty would be given amnesty by Obama. The Republicans would try to arrest them all and deport them to Mexico!


But it would be fun to see the president (whoever he or she is) squirm, if they ever are faced with having to respond to alien contact - like an ET landing.

edit on 27-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: qualifier added
edit on 27-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wait a minute here...Wasn't there a couple of threads on here that some crazy people were saying how the world would be invaded months ago by aliens, leading up to 12/21/12?
edit on 27-6-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Wait a minute here...Wasn't there a couple of threads on here that some crazy people were saying how the world would be invaded months ago by aliens, leading up to 12/21/12?
edit on 27-6-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)


We'll all know that the "aliens have landed" when Pres. Obama schedules an important "joint press conference" with Will Smith.

And we'll know for sure that the aliens have landed when PM Stephen Harper in Canada schedules a press conference with Randy Quaid on the same day and time as Obama teams up with Will Smith.

Until then, no worries.



posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1
 


I think this idea might be spreading because that idea is really the only thing that obama has going for him in this next election, cuz to me it doesnt appear that his campaign is going all that well. But i really dont think it matters who the president is, I really think that the high up people in the navy, army, etc would really be in charge of this. I mean come on, there is absolutely no evidence that obama would be well suited to handle an alien invasion. Something he told will smith's son doesnt mean a darn thing.





top topics
 
1

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum