It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Yes, one thing that we do is connect something that looks like a swim cap to a persons skull and see how the brain waves work.

Also, we use fMRI to see how the brain actively functions. It is very interesting. Most of the field is focused on brain damage from things such as strokes, accidents, etc..The ability to see how electricity pulses through the brain is how the ability is measured.

I am sure you have seen some charts of which lobe of the brain does what, we use that as a map. So, say a person has had a stroke and they cannot speak well, we focus on that part of the brain.

Some of the less funded areas are searching for how memory is made and how thoughts are processed through the same methods. It is difficult because it is hard to say when the cognition take hold (changing from short term, seconds, to working memory).

I would love to visit Ireland one day, our family spent two generations there before sailing to the southeast US.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Welcome Tingle

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookie Master

The whole brainwaves thing interests me a lot. Do you do any research into consciousness I'm sure there's not much funding put into that either!

And you should visit, was it during the famine that they moved?

And thanks JohnnyAnonymous will take a look at all of that

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Tingle, welcome to ATS, enjoy your stay

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<< 1   >>

join