It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fraud Ring In Hacking Attack On 60 Banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Fraud Ring In Hacking Attack On 60 Banks

news.sky.com

Sixty million euro has been stolen from bank accounts in a massive cyber bank raid after fraudsters raided dozens of financial institutions around the world.

According to a joint report by software security firm McAfee and Guardian Analytics, more than 60 firms have suffered from what it has called an "insider level of understanding".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Crazy, crazy! Makes you wonder if this is "just" thieves/hackers or perhaps some form of cyberwarfare from another nation? For example, one of the nations in need of a bailout? (Spain, Portugal..)...Maybe Iran, out of spite for EU sanctions against them?

Granted, for either example you'd think it'd be more than 60 Million, but who knows?

news.sky.com

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

Crazy, crazy! Makes you wonder if this is "just" thieves/hackers or perhaps some form of cyberwarfare from another nation? For example, one of the nations in need of a bailout? (Spain, Portugal..)...Maybe Iran, out of spite for EU sanctions against them?

Granted, for either example you'd think it'd be more than 60 Million, but who knows?

news.sky.com

I read the article. It seems most of the hackers can be traced back to Russia.
In this particular attack it seems they targeted "high rollers" -- that leaves me out. But this highlights why I hate online banking -- it's not really secure.

join