It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a chinese lantern or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi.

Here is the title and the info. from the youtube page...

UFO Rowlett Texas June 26 2012

Published on Jun 26, 2012 by slipmat707 Around 10 PM in Rowlett Texas. I had to run inside to grab the camera, this is the tail end of the event which lasted about 2 minutes. Over the last month I've seen an absurd amount of these at various altitudes, many of which have been low. I've observed them growing very bright (enough to light the woods) and dim out, I've even watched multiple lights move in tandem (all in the last month).

When the guy zooms in he says he sees three different lights I only see a pinkish light surrounded by a white orb. So what do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Video's too short to tell really.....Could be a Chinese Lantern...Could be something else. The description seems to suggest it's not the typical orange color of CL's (though you buy them that appear in other colors)

Another possibility is that it's a balloon with a LED light in it. These can come in any color of the rainbow.

Like I said though...the video is too short to really tell what it is. It could be any number of things.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Very interesting especially the slow motion departure. I looked at the other video's he has posted from back in March and they look interesting also.

IMO no balloon or Chinese lantern could leave that rapidly without some form of propulsion.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Although I cannot see the Youtube vid, we have to be aware that the Chinese now have kites with strings of flashing coloured LEDS on them - both on the tail and on the body of the kite.

If I look out my window at night these days in the summer I can see a set of kites flying up to perhaps 1000 feet in the air but with up to 6-8 kites on it at different heights.

So could be that too.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
IT seems to shoot off at the end.. helicopter?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Too much camera movement, It sort of looks like its stationary, at the start you can barely see it, looks like 1 of the visible planet in our sky in between 2 mountains. Then with all the movement and zooming, 1st impression is Planet. If we know what time, location and direction this my hypothesis is easily debunked.
edit on 27-6-2012 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

join