It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you acknowledge that the Republic is dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Seventeen Ron Paul delegates have been banned from the Republican National Convention.

I want to know; how long are Americans going to continue to try and work within what is obviously a dead system at this point...a system which is not being allowed to function?

This ties in with the threads I've written about the military here as well, believe it or not. The troops swear, with extreme aggression and rage, that they are still defending freedom by participating in the GWOT...only to have things like this happen as a result?

How long are you going to continue trying to work within the system, before you will acknowledge that it has been stolen from you? How long are you going to continue to believe the idea, that your voluntary participation in corporate wars of aggression, is somehow preserving or increasing your freedom, when the direct opposite is so very clearly happening, right in front of you?

When will you open your eyes? What will it take? Must you literally experience home invasion and being dragged away at gunpoint for processing in the camps, before you will finally acknowledge the reality?

How much outrage? How much abuse? How much destruction of your previous legal system, before you will acknowledge this for what it is?

How much is enough?
edit on 26-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't necessarily agree with you on what should be implemented instead, but I agree with you on this, the republic is no more.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Well I agree with you, fellow Libertarian. And unfortunately, many people will NOT get it- even getting dragged off at gunpoint, they'll still be trying to rationalize it. It reminds me a little of pointing "over there ! over there ! look! " and everyone just stares at your hand and says "huh?"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
I don't necessarily agree with you on what should be implemented instead, but I agree with you on this, the republic is no more.

I didn't say anything else should be implemented instead. The former system needs to be restored; but that isn't going to happen by working within it as it currently exists. The control needs to be removed from the people who currently hold it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I want to know; how long are Americans going to continue to try and work within what is obviously a dead system at this point...a system which is not being allowed to function?

Knowing and admitting the republic is dead is the easy part. Knowing what to do about it is a horse of a different color.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I have already acknowledged that our Republic is dead.
I have resigned myself to ride out the roller coaster that is our country.

Voting does no good.

People who act out against the system are labeled as terrorists even though I consider many of them Patriots.

A revolution can not be run by one man.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Republic isn't dead at least not yet. But the GOP is signing their parties death warrant by allowing this to happen. If they are going to do this sort of thing then why even go through the sham elections?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Ok I'm not trying to argue with you; all I was trying to say was that we don't agree on the next institution, but that I agreed that our republic is no more. Just laying at least some common ground.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
When will you acknowledge that the Republic is dead?

It's like a family member. No one wants to part with the corpse.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'd like to read more about the issue being discussed in the video, as the FreedomWorks rep doesnt give any real substance to his claim that this move is illegal. Is there another, more in-depth source for this issue than an opinion piece?

Also, I think people first started saying the Republic is dead in the early 1800's, so...
edit on 26-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All you Ron Paulites kill me...Nothing your describing is really of any consequence in the big picture. Let me walk you through it.

As if one man could save a nation...

As if there has been a "real president" in this country since JFK!!!

As if Bush didn't steal 2 elections in a row!

As if the people then didn't vote for a Bush clone named Obama!

How quickly people forget. So to answer your question how long will the people stand for it? Were at 44 years and still going.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
when will you acknowledge that it was never
a republic to begin with

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Mass. state law requires them to vote for a certain candidate they are bound to. All delegates were required to sign an affadavit that they would follow the law of the state. These were not RP delegates, all delegates were required to do so. Of them, 17 deleates and alternates did not do so, thus became disqualified. Where is the problem? If you wont swear to tell the truth you cant testify, if you wont swear to follow the laws of your state you cant be a delegate.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by petrus4

I'd like to read more about the issue being discussed in the video, as the FreedomWorks rep doesnt give any real substance to his claim that this move is illegal. Is there another, more in-depth source for this issue than an opinion piece?

Also, I think people first started saying the Republic is dead in the early 1800's, so...
edit on 26-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

Here is a biased Pro RP source. I cant find the original Boston Globe one.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

So, here's the original boston globe article on the topic:

Some libertarian-leaning delegates balked at the notion of signing legal affidavits pledging what they had committed verbally at the caucuses where they were elected. Many later submitted them, but not until after the deadline.

As a result, the committee disqualified them, winnowing the number of Liberty delegates and alternates to the convention from 35 to 19, said organizer Brad Wyatt. (One Liberty delegate was added due to the changes in the roster.)

articles.boston.com...

It is saying they had already 'pledged' to vote a certain way, and the affidavit was just a confirmation of that pledge.

If that's the case, then it seems rather obvious these delegates intended to break their pledge, no?

Furthermore, it looks like several of the "Liberty" delegates DID sign this affidavit. Why?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This morning at 10 AM was the nail in the coffin.

Citizens united created the need to order the coffin.
This morning's SC ruling has caused me to nail it shut........American ideals buried inside.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A REPUBLIC if you can keep it.... Well we tried lol, its dead. Its called Democracy now....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Today the Republic was taken off of life-support. The heartbeat has stopped, and full death will follow shortly. Mourn its loss privately as there will be no funeral.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Personally I know my opinion as an Englishman will count for nothing, but honestly, your Republic is not dead, looking back at my nations history, we've got a few documents that we keep coming back to and keep having another go at it.. maybe one day we'll get it right, who knows, stranger things have happened.

You know we ended as a Republic once, and that devolved in to Crowned Republic in the end, so it doesn't seem that is the route for us, hey ho, you never know unless you try, and talking of trying, France, I believe is on their 4th or 5th go at being a Republic.. you have to give them credit for effort...

So looking around me, and back at history, I can't help but feel pretty sure you guys will find your Republic again, perhaps you'll call it the second Republic? who knows.. but I am sure you will, as you have those precious documents that founded your nation, and like all documents that shape who we are, they will always be there to welcome you back.

Ok, off for a pint now... good luck

top topics

join