It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will America become isolationist when shtf(economic collapse)? what will be it's geopolitical impac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Will America become isolationist when shtf(economic collapse)?

Already there is a rising sentiment saying that we should stop engaging on world affairs and try to mind our own business(like withdrawing overseas troops for example).

I wonder after the collapse of the dollar would the USA start focusing more on it's internal problems than overseas because the government in order to maintain power would have to focus more at their doorsteps rather than waging an overseas war. I know the warhawks are gonna ballistic when they hear that the politicians are gonna dismantle all the overseas us bases but when the sheeple are at their doorsteps rioting I'm sure they would have to no choice but to withdraw to maintain their wealth and status.

The end result is would we become isolated from the rest of the world?

And how would it affect nations like UK Germany Russia, China North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Iran?
edit on 26-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Not much.

If there's a worldwide economic meltdown then the USA being a bit inward will be the least of everyone's worries.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The US would be isolationist after a SHTF scenario not out of desire, but out of sheer geography.

After a SHTF event, just how do you expect the US to communicate and trade with the rest of the world? Also, you need to have some stability before engaging in profitable global trade again.

Without a steady supply of oil, just using the fuel to get a ship across the ocean had really better be worth it!

Captains of Nuclear subs will likely rule the seas anyhow. Think about it, they can't be touched easily, but could take you out. That's some incredible power.

Not only would the US be isolationist, but the pockets of survivors within the borders would be too, again, by necessity, not desire.

new topics

join