It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama just declared state of emergency!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

Wow, i cant figure out why this is not on the mainstream media yet.Is he using it to divert attention away from the fast and furious or is this the real deal?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by forevertruepatriot

We have been in a state of emergency cince WW1 - that is why the COnstitution has been suspended.

This is simply a declaration and an Executive Order. These happen all of the time. No worries. Be Happies

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ummm because there isnt any real state of emergency. You see the letter-it was dated yesterday. Its an executive order. Geeze folks on this site are PARANOID!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well let's start off with some clarification then:

There is a difference between a National Emergency and a State of Emergency, though not many here seem to know this or even notice the difference.

From the Military Dictionary a National Emergency means: "(DOD) A condition declared by the President or the Congress by virtue of powers previously vested in them that authorize certain emergency actions to be undertaken in the national interest. Action to be taken may include partial, full, or total mobilization of national resources.

National Emergency Powers
fpc.state.gov...
These delegations or grants of power authorize the President to meet the problems of governing effectively in times of crisis. Under the powers delegated by such statutes, the President may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens.

Source

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If it had been the real deal. All regular media programing would have been interrupted and only Gov't announcements would be allowed.

Des

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator

There is a difference between a National Emergency and a State of Emergency, though not many here seem to know this or even notice the difference.

From the Military Dictionary a National Emergency means: "(DOD) A condition declared by the President or the Congress by virtue of powers previously vested in them that authorize certain emergency actions to be undertaken in the national interest. Action to be taken may include partial, full, or total mobilization of national resources.

fpc.state.gov...
These delegations or grants of power authorize the President to meet the problems of governing effectively in times of crisis. Under the powers delegated by such statutes, the President may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens.

Source

Thank you for pointing this out to me, i had no idea. I guess i learned something new today.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
If it had been the real deal. All regular media programing would have been interrupted and only Gov't announcements would be allowed.

Des

I tend to agree, thats what was bugging me so bad is that everyone seemed to be ignoring it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh man you are going to get flamed for that title. And since I already commented on it you can really change it. Sorri ne.

You can, however, redeem yourself by posting a little bit about what the 'National' emergency was all about.

Really its the least you could do since you already have these kind folks here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
what is the Russian reply to such a message?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Be calm, it's all about B.O. trying to scare the congress into making payments to Russia in a time of cost cutting.

Payments made to the Russian Federation pursuant to the HEU Agreements are integral to the operation of this key national security program. Uncertainty surrounding litigation and the possible attachment, garnishment, or other judicial process that could impede these payments could lead to a long term suspension of the HEU Agreements, which creates the risk of nuclear proliferation. This is an unacceptable threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States.

Letter--Russian Highly Enriched Uranium

Seems the payments to Russia as per the agreement might be under threat, and therfore threaten the agreement, which will result in dissolution of the agreement, which in turn would mean no more HEU being sent to the US, which the US find unacceptable in the hands of Russia.

I would be more concerned about the HEU in the hands of the US!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by forevertruepatriot

Originally posted by relocator

fpc.state.gov...

Source

Thank you for pointing this out to me, i had no idea. I guess i learned something new today.

Wolf, Wolf cried Peter!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
!!!!!!!

Dude you freaked me out........I was medicating myself.

edit on 26-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So we are back to the state
with us and russia pionting Nuc wepons at each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't care much, neither does 99% of the smart people on ATS!

But we are in State of Emergency since our country was born....

State of Emergency of what? I really don't care much, we can get attacked, world ends, do not care. I will die to save my cat that killed a racoon last night.

But I like the letter lmao.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It seems, after a quick read, that BHO is exempting Russian property in the US from Due Process and opening a Treasury Line to Russia under the guise of the HEU regulatory agreement.

Who needs Congress or the Senate....so somebody remind me, why do we keep paying them?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This is simply a continuation of an Executive Order that Bush made in 2000. Bo & Geo really are the same, you know...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think, the Russian's are playing politics and putting a halt to the program of HEU into LEU, as a tit for tat because of Syria. and the russians may need their remaining nukes to kill westerners and kick off WW3. or the Russians have moved some long range nukes to their closest point to target NATO assets. humm, interesting - I did not read where they are taking any action or did I skip over that part > ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really do wish people would read the order.

It's all about the money!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This is not a declaration of war.National and state of emegencies are always in play,so they give themselve's higher than normal powers through loopholes.

However things are turning sour,and how does one think Russia will react to having assets frozen.

I suggest everybody gets familiar with this youtube clip,Russia has already rejected any further disarment and has torn up the treaty are now pointing all missiles at the European defense shield and the U.S.I am amazed this Presidential address was not aired on mainstream media outside of Russia.Must watch.If someone can embed would be great.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
[Misdirected criticism deleted upon mature reflection. It turns out that the Prez cited the Emergency Powers Act in applying financial pressure to Russia to try to persuade to cease accumulating enriched uranium and other materials usable in making nuclear explosives, and to make Russia comply with existing treaties on disposing of such materials.]
edit on 6/26/12 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join