It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't believe in man-made global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
"Galveston has broken high-temperature record two days in a row. More incredible is that the records had been in place since 1875 -- that's 137 years."
Source
I'm sure some people would read this and say "Look, proof of global warming!" instead of saying "Look, it was this hot 137 years ago too!"

Also from the same website:

"Here is a list of the most 100-degree days in the month of June. We may get to three this year.

10 days: 1902
8 days: 1980
7 days: 2009, 2011
4 days: 1906
2 days: 1998, 1934, 1930, 1911"

Of the nine years noted above, 5 (or more than half) were prior to 1935. I'm not arguing that the planet isn't warming up. I'm just saying that man isn't causing it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
even if humans are not the cause of something happening, we should still not dirty our planet, we should take care of our earth.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Pollution has an effect on the environment.
To think otherwise is foolish.

M.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that the planet isn't warming up. I'm just saying that man isn't causing it.

You didn't explain "Why I don't believe in man-made global warming".

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You only have to peek out of your window to see the damage our civilization does to our environment - We put out a constant stream of man-made chemicals/pollutants into our air, land, and sea 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To think all of this constant pollution will have no effect on our environment seems a bit ridiculous. Most lay people do not understand the mechanics behind the global warming hypothesis, global warming does not entail every area setting new heat records every sequential day, but rather climate change in general (Some places will be warmer, some will be colder, but averaged out, the average global temperature is rising). It's an argument from ignorance, sorta like creationists stating evolution is wrong because an orangutan won't give birth to a human.

At some point, probably sooner rather then later, our society will have to confront this problem. We're smack-dab in the middle of an extinction level event, only this time, it's us causing it, and if we continue to bicker among ourselves and stick our heads in the sand, our civilization will collapse, and disappear, to be forgotten by time.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You ever notice how hot it is next to a busy street compared to the temperature 50 feet away?

Emissions aside, there is a direct warming of the atmosphere because of people.

I agree, to believe that our waste has no impact on the planet is naive and foolish. I guess the view is less frightening when your head is in the sand.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's insane if not purely only monetary gains that the greedy TPTB and their lapdog 'scientists' claim global warming or even climate change is manmade.

Mankind at most contribute only a negligeable 5% to those events, although I would add that industrial poisoning of our water and cutting more trees without replacing them will eventually raise those figures higher.

But still, those events are BEYOND any mortal's control, other than poisoning of our waters and tree culling for wood, or killing of endangered ecology necessary species.

The only BEST way to deal with it is to ADAPT to it, just as our ancestors had done when we mankind faced with such periodic instability.

Weather too hot? Wear a hat, drink more water, and stay out of it if possible and focus on night work instead of day.

Flooding? Get the satellites to provide better data on impending storms, with earlier warnings so that as much of lives, products and crops can be saved as possible, and planting or creation of storm resistant crops for mankind.

Earthquakes? Better structural construction materials from onwards, less construction of habitats on quake zones, early warning, drill excercises, etc, etc.

Adaptability comes with brainwork. That's what environmentalist scientists should be doing, instead of supporting corporations and govts to make a fast buck off struggling industries and citizens, and ignoring what should and could have been effectively done to mitigate the effects of climate change or solar storms through serious and genuine research.
edit on 26-6-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It's insane if not purely only monetary gains that the greedy TPTB and their lapdog 'scientists' claim global warming or even climate change is manmade.

See that argument makes no sense to me whatsoever. Exactly how are TPTB making so much money off 'fraudulent' climate change? Last time I checked it was the pillaging of resources that made the money. Show me a comparison of how much money is made from destructive/polluting drilling, mining etc. etc. etc. compared to how much is made as a direct result of combating 'climate change'?

The human race has ascended into space and has split the atom among numerous other fantastic achievements. To think we don't have the capability to alter the climate of this planet (whether willingly or unwillingly) is ignorant... in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

You haven't explained your thread title though

Or are you saying you don't believe that nay human activity can affect global temperatures by any amount just because it's been hot in Galveston before? Which is like saying you don't believe bullets or bombs kill people because your great grandmother died of TB.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

See that argument makes no sense to me whatsoever. Exactly how are TPTB making so much money off 'fraudulent' climate change? Last time I checked it was the pillaging of resources that made the money. Show me a comparison of how much money is made from destructive/polluting drilling, mining etc. etc. etc. compared to how much is made as a direct result of combating 'climate change'?

The human race has ascended into space and has split the atom among numerous other fantastic achievements. To think we don't have the capability to alter the climate of this planet (whether willingly or unwillingly) is ignorant... in my opinion.

exactly my feelings. i can't even wrap my head around the idea of scientists making so much money off of the "hoax" but the big corporations are NOT????? the big corporations that are making INSANE profits will fall apart if they have to stop polluting?? it makes NO sense that the scientists and the "powers that be" (whoever the hell that is) are just RAKING in money on their hoax and big corps are the victims. crazy talk.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

i agree with this too. the planet will carry on but the people won't. we're going to wipe out life as we know it. there's no turning back at this point.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If the records we are breaking now were set 100+years ago, what was the cause of the high temps back then?

Weather is a dynamic event. The hottest temperature ever recorded was 136F, while the coldest was -128.6F.

Al Gore was worth $2 million in 2001. Eleven years later he's worth $100 million. That's a 5,000% increase.

And just because I don't believe in man-made global warming, doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the environment. I recycle, even though the city doesn't offer curbside recycling. I have to load the stuff in the back of my truck and go several miles out of my way to drop it off.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

A high temperature is no more a sign of 'global warming' than a cold day is a sign it isnt global warming.

Temperature is not climate. The climate IS warming. And one of the many effects of a warming climate is extreme temperature shifts, increase in excessive rain falls, floods, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Mankind at most contribute only a negligeable 5% to those events, although I would add that industrial poisoning of our water and cutting more trees without replacing them will eventually raise those figures higher.

5% eh? Can you submit fr peer-review the methodology you used to arrive at that number?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

5% eh? Can you submit fr peer-review the methodology you used to arrive at that number?

i don't see that in anything in the above comments so i'm guessing it was edited out???

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Scientists make money by getting grants for research. Yes they are acquiring grants and making money off of global warming. The government is preparing to set up cap and trade legislation that will be one of the most incredible re-distributions of money in history.

For example in California where cap and trade is already being implemented:

California voters may soon ask themselves: “Why vote for an $8.5 billion sales and income tax increase in November 2012 if Cap and Trade is going to raise $50 billion to $100 billion for state discretionary spending? That’s $6.25 billion to $12.5 billion per year from 2012 to 2020.

link

Can you imagine sucking maybe as much as $100 billion out of the economy over the next 8 years when 2013 and 2014 are going to be very tough years in California? No wonder businesses are leaving in droves. Just think of the economic activity that cap and trade is going to kill. The reality is that every dollar going to cap and trade is money being taken out of our economy. Can you hear the sucking sound?

Man made global warming is a farce and is being used to set up the scheme of cap and trade. All this to gain control, plain and simple. Follow what CARB (an un-elected Politburo) is doing in California. Agenda 21 is being put into action.

top topics

join