It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway educates caller on Syria.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I know many people can't stand Galloway, but he does have a lot of knowledge when it comes to the Middle East and has an interesting perspective on the Syrian crisis.

For those that can't view or hear the video, basically Galloway receives a call from a woman, who wants to save the people people rising up in Syria.

Galloway asks at what point does it become " The people rising up". 100,000, a million? Galloway explains that Syria is one of the most diverse nations in the region. With a population of 26 million and 18 different religious and cultural sects. From Christians, Jews and differing sects of the Muslim faith.

Now if 100,000 people in America rose up with arms to take on the government. How would you expect the American government to respond? And would you expect other nations to bomb America if it put down this uprising with force?

It's an interesting discussion. Try not to make this thread about George Galloway. I'm well aware of all his misdeeds, yet he provides us with a great alternative viewpoint to the usual MSM reporting from Syria.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The man is an asshat. Period. Anyone that believes a single word coming out of this nasty little trickster's mouth should perhaps be examining other more legitimate sources than some pocket-filling wannabe political figure.

en.wikipedia.org...

ETA No effence meant, just unloading my opinion about the man.

edit on 26/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The man is an asshat. Period. Anyone that believes a single word coming out of this nasty little trickster's mouth should perhaps be examining other more legitimate sources than some pocket-filling wannabe political figure.

en.wikipedia.org...

ETA No effence meant, just unloading my opinion about the man.

Thanks for making this about Galloway and not the subject. Have you got some youtube videos of George playing a cat. It's the type of thing I'm going for with this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
rrrrrrrrrrrrisen up,

he does have a point though

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
George Galloway is indeed very clever and very informed. He is also a rude, opinionated windbag with very one sided views. It's a dangerous combination and it means no one stands a chance when trying to have a debate with him.
He recently courted the Muslim vote in Bradford, North UK calling it 'the Bradford spring'. I don't see him volunteering to live in inner city Bradford though.

Sorry OP, I know you asked us to address the subject and not the man. But I can't watch him or listen to him without feeling ill.
Whether or not he is dressed as a cat....
Edit: But guessing at what he is saying (because I really, really can't stand to listen to him), yes he does have a point.

edit on 26-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Casting my personal feelings about the man to one side, he does have a very valid set of arguments with that caller. She sounded like a nice lady and yet was blindly calling for an invasion of a sovereign nation. This is what media and a sprinkling of ignorance does to people.
That ignorance is, unfortunately borne from the media not reporting facts correctly in the first place, relying foremost on sensationalism.

This video is also interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

From your own source did you even read your own source?

The Christian Science Monitor settled the claim, paying him an undisclosed sum in damages, on 19 March 2004

So the Christian Science Monitor claimed that had evidence against but then didn't so in the end the Christian Science Monitor had to settled the claim, paying him an undisclosed sum in damages?

Did you even read that part?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Also George Galloway makes Valid points in this video.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Nope, I posted the link to show the amount of controversy regarding him, not specific points.

As for what he has to say, I can't hear it as I have no speakers here due to moving. Even if I did, I wouldn't listen to this twisted, lying scumbag of a money grabber. Why anyone else chooses to is simply beyond me. To each their own though, some people even voted for him.

ETA Sorry for the noise, I see you are only looking for agreement, something I cannot give in this case. I'll bow out.

new topics

top topics

join