It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial attack: Three ultra-Orthodox Jewish men arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Israel Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial attack: Three ultra-Orthodox Jewish men

www.bbc.co.uk

Three ultra-Orthodox Jewish men have been arrested in Israel, suspected of defacing the national Holocaust memorial with anti-Zionist graffiti.

One of the slogans daubed in paint on the walls of the memorial read: "If Hitler had not existed, the Zionists would have invented him."

The suspects have admitted vandalising the site, a police spokesman said.

Suspicion for the attack had fallen on radical ultra-Orthodox Jews who oppose the creation of the state of Israel.

One of the slogans, all in Hebrew, was signed "world ultra-Orthodox Jewry".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kfvs12.com
thegard enisland.com
uk.reuters.com
www.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Jews against Zionism .. Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial defaced
Anti-Zionist slogans daubed at Israel Holocaust museum

edit on 26-6-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Jeez, Israel really does have some problems. I would say these ultra-orthodox are as much a threat to the continuation of the state of Israel as the settlers are.

What a country of contradictions. Their own citizens spinning conspiracy theories about Zionist co-operation with the Nazis whilst simultaneously living off hand outs from the very state they believe should not exist until the coming of the Messiah.

Mental.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Thanks for posting this i probably would have missed it.
The Graffiti about Zionists inventing hitler, is a veiled condemnation for them actually being involved with him.
It gladdens me very much to know that the Ultra orthodox Jews are attempting to prick the consciousness of wider israel, Hertzl, who is very much revered, made some incredibly telling statements about zionism and it's aims.

Zionism and the third reich.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If they hate Zionism so much why are they living there?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

A question that is often asked at cracker-barrels. But I think a star collector knows that already.
No, seriously, do you have to come to every thread to do that? What do you have to contribute?

BTT:
I think the hitler sentence (I´ve nothing against jews but I do not like their attitude regarding other folks) is true in some way! They had to fulfill a prophecy one or the other way. (BTW, I do not say holocaust was a Jewish Operation!!!)

These "ultra orthodox" seem the only one there that think its not right to steal somebodies land (I know it wasn´t really that way when isreal was announced.) But you see it with palestinians every day!
edit on 26-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The ultra orthodox Jewish men fear a god.

Zionist Jews believe THEY are gods.

And they are with the technology and weapons the simple minded Christians of America made for them.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

The Institute of Historical Review? The arch holocaust denial pulpit with the disarming name. That article is terribly written and sparsely populated with primary sources and heavily invested in crude analysis.

Whether there was some attempt at cooperation with the Nazis in achieving their aims in moving the world Jewish population to Palestine is not overly important today, neither is the Palestinian Mufti's pact with the Nazi's. Each side tried to gain strategically in any way they could, often at the expense of their own people. In that aspect the leadership from both sides were as bad as each other.

Quite clearly Palestinians & Israelis would be natural partners if a proper peace process could be embarked upon.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here is some more information on the case from Ynet.

The Jerusalem district Police said Tuesday that the suspects have also been linked to other vandalism cases of monuments in the greater Jerusalem area. According to police sources, a search of the suspects' apartments yielded anti-Israel and anti-Zionists material, spray cans and PLO flags. A search of their computers derived material the police said constitutes sedition.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A little bit more from Haaretz.

The Judea and Samaria District Police arrested three ultra-Orthodox men overnight Monday on suspicion of desecrating the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial with anti-Zionist slogans two weeks ago. For two months, the police have been conducting an undercover investigation of the three suspects, aged 18, 26, and 27, leading up to their arrest. The three will be brought into court for an extension of their remand on Tuesday afternoon.

The three men, accused of vandalizing the Yad Vashem memorial with more than 10 anti-Zionist slogans, are also suspected of spray-painting anti-Zionist graffiti at various locations at Jerusalem's Ammunition Hill memorial site in April. During the arrest, police found spray cans, Palestinian flags, and computer documents suspected of being "incitement against the state." Despite the fact that the three men are residents of Jerusalem, Bnei Brak, and Ashdod, the investigation was carried out by the Judea and Samaria District since the first incident occurred in the Jordan Valley. Two weeks ago, anti-Zionist slogans were spray-painted at the entrance to the Israel's Yad Vashem museum.

www.haaretz.com...

Interesting that it was the "Judea and Samaria" (West Bank) division that headed this investigation. Perhaps as this kind of subversive attack on Zionist principles of Israel and a Greater Israel is of such a threat to the settler project?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Reaction from the Holocaust memorial chairman.

Yad Vashem Chairman Avner Shalev praised the quick and effective work of the police.

"I believe that it was important to know the identities of those who spray-painted the graffiti. The suspects are extremist ultra-Orthodox Jews, anti-Zionists, who are on the fringes of society, and do not represent the majority who respect the memory of the Holocaust," Shalev said. "Numerous reactions that we received from Israel and around the world, expressing condemnation and repugnance of the graffiti testify that this warped action offended many, and I hope that the court will mete out justice to the criminals."

www.jta.org...

top topics

join