It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What innovating tec and/or companies do you expect to boom in the future..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The other day I was listning to an interview with a guy who made it his mission to investigate promising little companies because of their product. His aim was to invest the little money he had and make a sport out of making money with knowledge.

We can all imagine that people who bought IBM shares at the very beginning of the foundation of the company made a significant profit.

What would be a smart way to find and sniff out such little promising companies?

Any ideas....or knowledge.. or most important,.... willing to share with the next guy?

edit on 26/6/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I read a book with like 5 major science/technology industries to look into, and I can't remember all 5, but anything that deals with sensor technology. The internet allows everything to be connected so there are going to be sensors applied to everything. The example the book used was a sensor company that put RFID type tags on construction materials at a construction site so less materials went missing/they could be found easier.
Not an easy answer for investing, but an idea.
edit on 6/26/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Alternative energy.

I hope to see wind energy equipment prices decrease so that the common man can afford to invest in their own power sources, the lower prices will encourage people to invest in the technology, and there for increase sales. This hope isn't so much for profit but for a cleaner environment.
edit on 26-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

tell him to become an investor in the calyx institute,
they are building a privacy by design ISP (internet service provider)

privacy is the next frontier

xp

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
4 words. The Country of Myanmar. It will begin with energy, Coke has started relations, countries around the world are altering their trade negotiations to open relations including the US who is lifting embargoes as we speak. It will be a few years before private trade comes into the picture but get in on the companies moving in and you get the ground floor of a 1 trillion dollar...... Sorry said to much. You didn't hear it from me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Google sensor technology companies and go from there. Do some research on well they do and how long they've been around. Anything that expands on current technology that is profitable now, is what I would go with.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
1 Anti ageing and life extension
2 Genetic modification to give you more hair, alter skin colour etc.
3 Cyber implants of all types like in Neuromancer.
4 Electric vehicles,

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Biotech - Always
Nanotech
Hybrid Digital Radio
Brainwave devices
Nanoscale Sandwich Solar Cells
Bio-sensitive clothing
Robotics - always
and the big mama jama that no many know of yet

STORM COMPUTING this will change entirely the power and use of our smaller digital devices as well as our large ones

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Graphene!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
Graphene!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell me (us) more about graphene... isn't that some carbon nano structure?

Anyways... nano tec and its applications will be in my opnion the next industrial revolution.

Biometric sensors are also promising.. just imagine your own iris or DNA scan device connected to your computer for secure and private interaction on the www. Ofcourse the software will probably the weakest link in this security chain but maybe the combination of the two can be made solid.

An other exciting new tec is plasma technology. With plasma technology it is possible to disinfect skin and enhance wound healing. Imagine all those hospital personel, patients, hospital tools and hospital operation rooms installed with plasma disinfect devices instead of boiling the tools or scrubbing hands.

I just found a little company putting effort into research and development of such practical disinfect devices.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Anything to do with the purification of water and its uses will always be in the forefront as well. Check out a company named Vclear.

VClear Resources

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Universal antibiotics, and vaccines that are targeted at the non-ephemeral parts of viruses.

Polymedix - buy stock while it's cheap

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Looks like they've gotten good results from the phase 2 trials, any idea what's causing the numbness and tingling?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

Looks like they've gotten good results from the phase 2 trials, any idea what's causing the numbness and tingling?

Nope - I'd guess it fits a receptor on the nerves near the skin surface. So far the numbness/tingling seems to be temporary, mild, and the only side effect. At that, you have to be about 10x over the therapeutic dose before it starts, at least that's the last thing I read in depth.

This stuff is going to kick ass. It's also injectable. They're starting slow with topical, but the animal studies are using IV and IM. It's been pretty effective parenterally on animals. Spectacularly effective, really. And the LD50 is about like water. Although I guess the critters have really numb lips for a day or two afterwards.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yeah, I'm thinking about investing a goodly amount while they're only at 35 cents a share

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Yeah, I'm thinking about investing a goodly amount while they're only at 35 cents a share

I've got several thousand shares. It's like times gone by, when I found out through the Navy that Creative Labs was going to buy 3DLabs video card IP, and they were 25 cents a share before the news got out. I think I scored about $80K on that one.

I'm hoping for a Yahoo! level score. I had a buddy that was a regional manager for Intel that bought thousands of shares of Yahoo during their IPO, ended up with millions of bucks and now does whatever he wants.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
chinese construction...

see: www.smartplanet.com...

"How to build the world’s tallest building in 90 days"

By Tuan C. Nguyen | June 21, 2012, 5:30 AM PDT

they are building a tower that overshadows the one in Dubai and will cost 50% less
the tower in Dubai took 5 years to assemble... the Chinese one will take 90 days on site

its a revolutionary leap, watch as the infrastructure of high-rise construction evolves
edit on 28-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Looks like PolyMedix is also targeting cancer with their proprietary platform! As long as they don't run into some major financing problems in the near future(something a lot of shareholders are afraid of) they're shaping up to be THE biotech company of the future. www.faqs.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Have you heard any more about the current state of things at Polymedix through the grapevine? Not a peep from Radnor in a while and the 20 cent (and declining) SP is depressing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Have you heard any more about the current state of things at Polymedix through the grapevine? Not a peep from Radnor in a while and the 20 cent (and declining) SP is depressing.

Haven't followed up on it - I see it as a buy opportunity. Maybe I can catch up tomorrow - the last couple of months have been done in virtual isolation. No phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury...just desert and quonset huts. Off for a few days, then back to the salt mine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join