It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German court bans circumcision for religious reasons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglette
reply to post by bluemirage5

Man is made in God's image. Is that what you've been taught? Then God is not circumcised.

Actually, I believe that god was made in man's image, rather.

Either way, if god exists he's sporting skin.

Khar
edit on 26-6-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

How many of the anti circumcision crowd are pro choice?

Its OK to kill an unborn child.....

But you better not let it live, and have it circumcised.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Uh..no!

If you are going to let it live then you don't have the right mutilate it when it is alive either.

What is sadly amusing is the right wing nutjobs who are "pro life" and also pro the death penalty. anti-govt telling them what to do - but insisting thattheir church should be able to tell everyone what to do. Anti-contraception and also anti-abortion - so unfit parents have to have children they cannot afford, but let's not have social welfare to help them in this situation, and let's punish these people who knew they didn't want to have a baby when, as expected, they prove that they can't actually look after that baby.

Just sayin!

edit on 26-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

If you are going to let it live then you don't have the right mutilate it when it is alive either.
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So is it wrong to spay or neuter a pet?

Isn't that mutilation?

What is sadly amusing is the right wing nutjobs who are "pro life" and also pro the death penalty.

What is sad is when a murderer is set free and he murders again.

Just sayin".

so unfit parents have to have children they cannot afford, but let's not have social welfare to help them in this situation, and let's punish these people who knew they didn't want to have a baby when, as expected, they prove that they can't actually look after that baby.

Yeah, so let's kill em'

Better yet, lets promote promiscuity through TV, movies, and music so we can sell more and make more money,

Then let's kill em'

'Cause what our culture has taught them, has made them lousy irresponsible human beings.

edit on 26-6-2012 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

What is sadly amusing is the right wing nutjobs who are "pro life" and also pro the death penalty.

So, what--slay only the innocent, but save the perps?

And you think religion is illogical. ha.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Why are adult criminals not life?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

So is it wrong to spay or neuter a pet?

Isn't that mutilation?

nice strawman - I thought we were talking about human beings

What is sad is when a murderer is set free and he murders again.

Who said anything about setting them free??
Another strawman

Just sayin".

try thinking instead.

so unfit parents have to have children they cannot afford, but let's not have social welfare to help them in this situation, and let's punish these people who knew they didn't want to have a baby when, as expected, they prove that they can't actually look after that baby.

Yeah, so let's kill em'

I got a better idea - let's allow contraception and sex education

Better yet, lets promote promiscuity through TV, movies, and music so we can sell more and make more money,

Then let's kill em'

'Cause what our culture has taught them, has made them lousy irresponsible human beings.

Yeah - and since we've made them lousy irresponsible human beings let's punish them for it!

I still think my idea is better - let's allow sex education and contraception

edit on 26-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

nice strawman - I thought we were talking about human beings

Actually it is a simple question.

I'll ask again.

Is it wrong to spay or neuter a pet?

Who said anything about setting them free?? Another strawman

It's not a strawman, it is a fact that murderers have been given parole and murdered again.

I got a better idea - let's allow contraception and sex education

Wow, what a completely new and novel idea, let's alert the media!

Because we all know that sex education and contraception ain't allowed.

Please....

Yeah - and since we've made them lousy irresponsible human beings let's punish them for it!

You mean the unborn babies,

right?

Kill 'em!

Just don't let 'em live and clip the skin.....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by tovenar

Why are adult criminals not life?

why are unwanted babies not life?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by froglette

You don't know that and neither do I

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
For those of you against circumcision - that's most of you......

My bet is you don't mind subjecting your baby to plentiful vaccines he/she does'nt need and when the kid becomes a toddler you feed your kids with absolute garbage unfit for even a dog!

How many young children now have Diabetes 2? It's now a bloody epidemic!

How many young children are fed unecessary medications? That too is an epidemic!

How many kids go through unnecessary tonsil and adenoid surgery?

And how many are pro-choice when it comes to abortion?

Most of you are a bunch of hypocrites; you have your right to opinion as those who are for it but to enforce your anti-circumcision policies on to us parents who have chosen to circumcise our sons (no matter what the reason) better not live in glass houses!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

If you ever have any doubts about religion-haters, just remember this thread.

They only accept tolerance because they have to. For now. And all their claims that religion tries to "control other peoples' lives" also describes their own desire to control YOUR life. They don't like you and will support any government that curtails your rights and the expression of your faith.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

All the left wing greenie-do gooders are spoiling this world taking away our freedoms.

Making circumcision illegal in Germany is only going to send it underground.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
MY GOD
I cant see it anymore, here is a explanation from a german.

Wer Jungen aus religiösen Gründen beschneidet, macht sich wegen Körperverletzung strafbar. Dies hat das Landgericht Köln in einem wegweisenden Urteil entschieden, das der FTD vorliegt. Weder das Elternrecht noch die im Grundgesetz garantierte Religionsfreiheit können diesen Eingriff rechtfertigen, stellte das Gericht in seiner Urteilsbegründung klar.

I will explain that to you all:

Circumcisions are still legal IF medically needed!
Its just the religious (and so often work of a unprofessional) circumcisions that are forbidden by law now and parents cannot decide that their kid should get a circumcision if there is no medical need.

If you want to be circumcisioned, you still get it. Its just therefore that you have the choice for YOURSELF and not some mother who wants that. Most often, (I read a article long ago about it) the mothers want the kid to be circumcisioned, NOT the father.

I cannot understand those people who try to force something to another human. Now there are the jews mocking that this is a circumcision in religion practice. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

circumcision is ONLY needed if you cannot pull the skin completely back, which would cause washing problems and maybe pain. This is a very rare case.

I fully support the new law!

Edit: And I dislike everyone of that jews that try to shove their bull# down the throats of others. I know I get into sensitive waters here but I hate how they have to intervene everywhere in germany.

An example:
If someone thinks he´s better then everyone else and tells this everyone.
Those guys will get a decent beat every day at school.
There is a reason for that.

Exchange someone and guys in my sentence above with jews and "school" with "history" and you get what I want to say.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against any religion or jews in common. But it makes my blood boil that they are the ones pointing the finger upwards and act like they are superior to every other human on earth. Of course, this does not fit to the major jews but to those that represent them.
edit on 27-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2012 by verschickter because: damn grammar and spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
For those of you against circumcision - that's most of you......

My bet is you don't mind subjecting your baby to plentiful vaccines he/she does'nt need and when the kid becomes a toddler you feed your kids with absolute garbage unfit for even a dog!

Most of you are a bunch of hypocrites; you have your right to opinion as those who are for it but to enforce your anti-circumcision policies on to us parents who have chosen to circumcise our sons (no matter what the reason) better not live in glass houses!

I removed stuff in the quote that was totally unconnected to the theme.
You rant on assumptions.

you have your right to opinion as those who are for it but to enforce your anti-circumcision policies on to us parents who have chosen to circumcise our sons (no matter what the reason) better not live in glass houses!

And you do not have the right to decide something for your kid because of asthetic/beauty reasons only.
Because If you would have read properly, you would know that if needed, its still OK.

But not because a mother decides to do a "favor" to other women when forcing the own son to be circumcised. Because as a mother, they have no idea about the whole thing and if a mother decides for beauty, then she does not act for the best of her son, but for all the other woman.

ts who have chosen to circumcise our sons

If its needed, you do not have to choose.
edit on 27-6-2012 by verschickter because: font size option sucks

edit on 27-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

If you ever have any doubts about religion-haters, just remember this thread.

They only accept tolerance because they have to. For now. And all their claims that religion tries to "control other peoples' lives" also describes their own desire to control YOUR life. They don't like you and will support any government that curtails your rights and the expression of your faith.

religion has a end somewhere! It ends at the point where an unasked human being is hurt!
its the same with opinions. They end at the point where someone is hurt.

You cannot say to someone "its my opinion that you are an asshole". You can say that of course, but before law its the same as "You are an asshole".

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

How many of the anti circumcision crowd are pro choice? Its OK to kill an unborn child..... But you better not let it live, and have it circumcised.

So? Main reasons to allow abortions is the right of the mother to decide about what happens in her own body and the fact that early undeveloped foetus is not sentient yet. None of this can be applied to circumcision. So, yes, it can be perfectly logical to be pro-choice and anti-circumcision.

Circumcision is not a personal matter, you are permanently altering the body of ANOTHER unconsenting person. I dont think it should be banned, tough, but I can understand the position of those who think so, and it makes sense in many ways. The line has to be drawn somewhere, children are not your pets or property.
edit on 27/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Word

Anyhow, you can still get a circumcision if you want or need it. The title of this thread is just misleading. It should be called "German court bans religious-circumcisions"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm 37 and I've never ever had an issue with my uncut Johnson in all the time I've owned it. Proper care and maintenance of your Johnson is the key to your Johnson being healthy and well, and able to satisfy your brains urges at a moments notice. Even after all the torment and abuse I put my Johnson through during college I never had any issues even the times when I was in a long term relationship or was way to drunk to remember to put a condom on Mr. Johnson.

But seriously, I couldn't imagine living without it or having it cut off due to a medical condition. The gland underneath the foreskin is EXTREMELY sensitive, never mind how sensitive the foreskin itself is. I have a friend who had an elective adult circumcision performed at the age of 22 because he felt that his penis was "ugly" and wasn't aesthetically pleasing to a couple of girls he dated. Last time I checked the average female vagina's I have ran into (no pun intended) aren't as perfectly maintained and aesthetically pleasing as the ones in Penthouse for example. After having the elective circumcision he was in MASSIVE pain for weeks to the point that in the long run he ended up getting addicted to pain killers for about a year. He said it was the most pain he had ever experienced, not surprising as it's one of the most sensitive parts of the human body.

2 years after the operation he told me that he wished he had never gone through with the procedure and realized his problem was psychological and societal, not biological. He said that he lost quite a large amount of sensation after the surgery and that now it requires much more "force" and "length of time" to reach orgasm as it did when he was uncircumcised (for some guys this might be a good thing, lol) He told me that his orgasms were no longer as intense and that oral sex for him is absolutely nothing compared to what it once was.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Since there is another thread of the same topic, i guess ill copy/paste my reply.

Girls are influenced by peers and whatnot without knowing the reason. They just assume, "eww uncircumcised is nasty" just cause her friend told her that. In fact, uncircumcised ones retain more feelings due to multiple nerve endings in the foreskin(you would know if you had it lol). It also protects against some disease that might be related to urethra. Also when someone is circumcised, these slowly loose some feeling because of the sensitive bump like skin around the head keep rubbing on underwear/cloths. Im glad to be uncircumcised, what nature intended. You can shove religious mutilation up their ass lol Also, uncircumcised guys know what else foreskins can be used for !

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join