It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening with our Education System?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It seems very clear to me that It's beginning to peel like a onion.... that gross smell!

I have a cousin that is in High School (Freshman, soon to be a Sophie) I can't believe what he showed and told me...

His words: "Well it's complete chaos in my brain... I can't seem to put into words! My teacher's don't really understand the stuff we are learning, AND also the pain in my brain to learn it all!!!"

He showed me a paper... Algebra to be exact, It had problems that my cousin (Graduated, Masters in Mathematics)
doesn't even understand.

What kind of Education System do we own/have? We should learn just basic, unless you want to learn advanced.

He is an IEP student, and is in Algebra Support. I SUPPORT Algebra Support. Since joining in that class.... Grades went from D's to A+ in Algebra. It's amazing.

But it's insane that our education system is dumb.

We are trying to compete with other countries. Chinese people have suicide rates up from School Work impossible. The USA will never be on Germany's level of Education.

But please have your opinion replying to what this Education system in America is...

thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What kind of attitude is that. Just learn the basics. In order to change the society we live in we need all the tools we can get. The problem lays with in the public schools and teachers witch they do not ever fire because of unions.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Yes, meant to say that...
The education admins hire teachers that are dumber then anything. Rocks are smarter then some.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The way our education system teaches is a very inefficant method.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Question ; What is going on with our education ?

Answer; Absolutely nothing, that's the problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

I think some times the teachers themselves are to blame. [ not all the time]

If a teacher doesn't explain the the "how to" to figure a problem out, then of course it's hard for a student to understand.

Back when I was in school, in the 5th grade I had Spanish class. Fun too.......

However, we had to move to another region of the country and there I had to wait until 10th grade to take Spanish.
And the teacher I had was terrible. I learned more from my 5th grade teacher than my 10th grade teacher. Two totally different ways of teaching. The first teacher was a hell of a lot better than the second one.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe a teacher assumes the kids should already know something when in actuality, they don't. So therefore the teacher skips a few important details. Or they are not articulate in the explanation.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

They teach kids to pass tests. They don't teach them with learning in mind. If I were in school today I'd probably flunk out because I don't do tests too well. never have really. For me, it harder work to understand the questions on the test. After that though, the answers came easy.

It's gotten to the point where if you want an education, don't go to a regular brick and mortar public school. Go out and get it yourself. find other people who are on the same page as you that want to learn and teach.

The best education is informal anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It sounds to me that the problem here wasnt the teacher, but the ability level of the student. Maybe the tracking process was a little off when they scheduled classes for him.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Can we get an example?

Verbatim preferably.... I'd like to see this one myself....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Clearly I despise the education system as it currently exists. Parents can do much better than any public school and most private or charter schools.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The system has been setup to fail. Its become part of the federalize nationalize centralize everything brigade. And just like everything done with a totalitarian mindset it is doomed to fail.

top topics

join