It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Defense Bill Passed by House Presses for Tactical Nukes in South Korea...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The US House just passed next years defense bill. If it passes the Senate, the President would have to decide to veto the bill as it has language that the US must study the concept of sending tactical nukes to South Korea. The author below makes the argument that such a move would give the North Koreans pause and become the big stick policy makers need.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I cannot and do not support further proliferation of dangerous and irresponsible deployment of WMDs in the peninsula of Korea.The North Korean forces were defeated with conventional means as were the Chinese.We can do so again if we have to, without these poisonous devices.Once again the US would bear the brunt of human loss by not using our full weapons capability.If the enemy however does indeed use or deploy such weapons then I do support a "Scorched Earth" type assault:en.wikipedia.org...
Type assault executed by conventional means if possible,WMDs if necessary.I do not see DU ammunition as a WMD however their deployment is only to prosecute armored forces and not any other targets,to limit radiation exposure to our forces deployed in the area and the surviving non combatant populace in the combat zone

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whomever decided to put land-based ballistic missiles in that bill is out of their mind.

Why even bother with that when we have ballistic missile submarines that are constantly hidden and the best deterrent in our arsenal?

Typical Congressional idiotry at its finest.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The forces get over run by a heavy NK invasion,the weapons get captured......thats about as smart as thinking Guam would tip over if too many US Marine personnel were to be stationed there.....wait is that the guy?

top topics

join