It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria arrests over 40 Germans for smuggling arms: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
PressTv

Syria has reportedly arrested more than 40 German nationals for attempting to smuggle arms into the country.

An alternative news weblog, the NSNBC, cited a German journalist as saying that the German nationals are the employees of a "security firm."

The weblog report further said that the Germans were detained while attempting to smuggle arms and ammunition from a cargo vessel in the international waters off the coast of Syria.

The source added that the Germans are reportedly jailed along with over 300 other foreigners, among them Portuguese paratroopers.

No German authority has commented on the matter, yet.

Since the start of the turmoil in Syria, the smuggling of arms into the country has been on the rise.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since mid-March 2011. The violence has claimed the lives of many people, including security forces.

Damascus blames ‘outlaws, saboteurs, and armed terrorist groups’ for the unrest, asserting that it is being orchestrated from abroad.

Interesting...
What about that part about the portugese paratroopers?! What?
I was looking for confirmation on other sites, but have not found it yet. a lot of ATSers have issues with PressTV, so take it or leave it.. I tend to believe this story. I will update when i find something else

Seems to me this is the perfect time for smugglers to get in and make some money.. If you can supply to guys that the CIA can;t get to, there is money to be made:

Confirmed: US CIA Arming Terrorists in Syria-VIDEO

OH, and if you want to get some blood on your hands, feel free to,
Adopt a Syrian Rebel.. what?!,

Thoughts?!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Any other source rather then PressTv?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Nspekta

Any other source rather then PressTv?

I;ve looked around, nothing yet. If i see anything, ill post asap

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Had time to check.. a few but one for sure links back to PressTV and the other doesn't say but it cites the same blog that PressTV does:

abna.ir...
pakobserver.net...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Had time to check.. a few but one for sure links back to PressTV and the other doesn't say but it cites the same blog that PressTV does:

abna.ir...
pakobserver.net...

Here's an outfit called nsnbc that's trying to get more info from German authorities who appear to be stonewalling. Several emails have gone back and forth between nsnbc and the government and the questions to/answers from are detailed in this article.

nsnbc.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the update links, yeah that is something strange how CNN isn't reporting on it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the update links, yeah that is something strange how CNN isn't reporting on it.

You're welcome, although I'm embarrassed since nsnbc was the news outlet noted in the OP ...

The US wants the middle east pot to boil over because they need someone to blame besides Wall Street for the global economic meltdown and the jihadists are the best game going since the USSR shut down operations. Media is the US govt's handmaiden so there's just no way they'd tell us what's really going on, they never have. Mostly I get frustrated when people refuse to believe anything that isn't on MSM.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

They're waiting for a signal from BHO

Moreoever they all wait until 1 of them starts to broadcast in the US.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Those sneaky Portugan-eezers! Still, they are the UK's oldest ally by far (back to Norman times) so i wouldn't be too surprised.

Excellent spot though. I have completely missed this story. Lots of arms manufacturers in Germany too - possible link there? "Here FSA man, have another Heckler & Koch".

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Lets just all be clear on this who the aggressors are. And did we think they weren't trying to do that?

Of course they want to destabilize that country, so they can invade and have it as a key position in the new trade route. The Silk Road reborn.

They have Greece. Thats their hub. Thats where Europe meets the Silk Road. The advantage to having Syria is you get to mark up goods that come and THEN get them to Greece.

So really they just want in there to be in a position, to shove it up the caboose of the rest of Europe.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Nspekta

Those sneaky Portugan-eezers! Still, they are the UK's oldest ally by far (back to Norman times) so i wouldn't be too surprised.

Excellent spot though. I have completely missed this story. Lots of arms manufacturers in Germany too - possible link there? "Here FSA man, have another Heckler & Koch".

Haha yea, seems weird eh?!? Still cant find lots about this story.. Did find a chinese news report,
bbs.chinadaily.com.cn...

But, seems weird that if this happened it isnt reported in the west..? Then again, the amount of valid stories that arent reported to western sheeple is uncountable!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

make it simple.Let the syrian public have a referendum for to kill them or keep them alive.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Hmm, i think they have more to think about right now than a referendum on these guys.. Also, it appears that it hasnt been officially confirmed by the german government yet, so as of now it appears to still be a rumor...? Trying to find other news about this

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

considering that 120 french paratrooper special forces,50 turkish intelligence officers were caught in Syria,I am not trusting western propaganda networks.The genocidal zionist empire is hellbent on world domination.

There will be no confirmation.Possibly backdoor diplomacy.But its useless in my opinion.These smugglers and special forces should be executed on TV and their heads and bodies should be sent to the respective nations they are from.
http://(nolink)/2012/03/01/report-120-french-troops-supporting-syria-rebels-captured-89202/

edit on 2-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join