It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Cheney Debate Moments?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

He contended that he never associated Saddam Hussein and 9/11 (lie)

Really, Ok lets examine.

This is the quote NBC pulled up to show Cheney lied. The quote comes from Meet the Press September 14, 2003

and we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

Sounds good but its taken out of context. Here is the rest of that conversation.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: .......If we�re successful in Iraq, if we can stand up a good representative government in Iraq, that secures the region so that it never again becomes a threat to its neighbors or to the United States, so it�s not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, so that it�s not a safe haven for terrorists, now we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11. They understand what�s at stake here. That�s one of the reasons they�re putting up as much of a struggle as they have, is because they know if we succeed here, that that�s going to strike a major blow at their capabilities.

MR. RUSSERT: So the resistance in Iraq is coming from those who were responsible for 9/11?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No, I was careful not to say that.

Check the transcript yourself

msnbc.msn.com...

So where is the lie?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Goodness, you worse than talking to a wall I believe. Edwards did not lie. The money has not yet been spent as far as I know. No one knows what the final tally will be. You are believing the Bush administration on what will be spent where, whereas Edwards apparently has learned his lesson about putting blind faith in them. Until the money is divied out, he will continue to say the entire cost, and that's not a lie. Call it misleading, there's plenty of that going around on both sides -- but that's not a lie. If 120b of it was definitively going to Iraq, why would the administration not simply create one bill allocating 120b to Iraq, and one bill allocating 80b to Afghanistan? Yeah, you get my point.

And lol, Cheney must live in his own world.

You tell me what this means:

"we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11"

You try to spin your way out of it then, since Cheney apparently has realized he can't, so he has just taken up lying about it.

He is referring to Iraq.

He says that if we are successful in Iraq, we will "have struck a major blow right at the geographic base of the terrorists."

Since apparently EVERYONE is simply misunderstanding what Cheney means, you explain it for us.

And also inform us what Cheney meant when he said on "Meet the Press" that the lead hijacker met with a senior Iraqi official, when in fact this is wrong, and all reports have stated there was no connection between the hijackers and any Iraqi leaders? Hmm?

I'll be waiting.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Seriously have you read what I have posted yet? For the last stinking time only 120 Billion has been spent, bottom line cold hard fact. This is the last time I am going to entertain this line of questioning, Edwards lied plain and simple.

Again if you would read my last post you would see that the quote you are using was taken out of context by the media. The full context is again listed below.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: .......If we�re successful in Iraq, if we can stand up a good representative government in Iraq, that secures the region so that it never again becomes a threat to its neighbors or to the United States, so it�s not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, so that it�s not a safe haven for terrorists, now we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11. They understand what�s at stake here. That�s one of the reasons they�re putting up as much of a struggle as they have, is because they know if we succeed here, that that�s going to strike a major blow at their capabilities.

MR. RUSSERT: So the resistance in Iraq is coming from those who were responsible for 9/11?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No, I was careful not to say that.

Atleast read the bold print this time.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As for Cheney saying that one of the hijackers met with a top Iraqi official here is the real quote

We've never been able to confirm or to knock it down

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think perhaps Edwards is just so unmemorable or unremarkable that Cheney didn't remember him. It's very possible he wasn't lying, but mistaken. There's a difference.

My favorite moment was small, but funny for me personally. At the end, Edwards thanked the moderator and Cheney and then launched into his down-home folksy tale about his father learning math by the tv. When Cheney's turn came, he thanked only the moderator. Then when they went to stand up, he let Edwards stand first and shake hands while he was sitting down. Not a big thing, but I'd always been taught not to greet/meet while sitting because it's impolite and an insult. Cheney had that same type of look on his sour puss that my granny used to get when she just did not approve of some hooligan that we'd brought home with us when I was a kid. Cracked me up!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Forgot, and for some reason can't get edit to work...

Someone mentioned reaction shots. I wish there was a way to set up cams to catch Bush and Kerry's reactions to the VP debate and vice versa. That would have to be hilarious if it was a hidden video type deal!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join