It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Cheney Debate Moments?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Edwards tied Cheney in the debate, he tied a man with 30+ years of experience and he effectively tied the brains of the current administration and he is the number 2 man in the Kerry campaign. This debate went for nothing which still leaves the Bush beating of last week as the head liner and this Friday Kerry will club Bush in to the weeds and make sure the worlds knows how dumb he is and then you have to wonder what will be left.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My favorite Cheney debate moments,

!!!!!!!!HALIBURTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesla, remember God only talks to Republicans and Bush, Democrats are the spawn of the Devil and Kerry is the anti-christ.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dick Cheney IS THE CURRENT US PRESIDENT!!

How anyone could possibly still hold the idea that Bush is the policy man or drill down man or Hell, THE MAN, in that Bush/Cheney relationship is BLIND!!!!

Independent Votes/Undecided Voters: understand who you're REALLY voting in as president should you go GOP.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
Heh, heh, heh.

Like I asked before...

In today's times, how can someone outright lie to us and believe they will get away with it?

Great find RANT.

I don't know like when John Edwards said that the Cost of the War in Iraq was 200 billion Dollars and in reality it is only 120 billion.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Although I'm not a supporter of Kerry/Edwards, my favorite Cheney moment is either when he refused to defend his voting record, which included him voting against Meals on Wheels (
) , or when he seemed highly perturbed by Edwards' comments about Halliburton.

As a North Korean foreign ministry spokesman once said, Dick Cheney is mentally deranged.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Dick Cheney IS THE CURRENT US PRESIDENT!!

How anyone could possibly still hold the idea that Bush is the policy man or drill down man or Hell, THE MAN, in that Bush/Cheney relationship is BLIND!!!!

Then I guess this epiphany renders your attacks against President Bush moot.

It must be disturbing to the liberals to see an administration work like a team (vice the Clinton/Gore administration that was actually the Bill & Hillary administration). In the unlikely event of John Kerry winning this election, how long do you think it would take before Edwards was given the key to his new office... The broom closet.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Actually, that was not a lie. Check the facts, it's just a matter of what you are adding up. Edwards is adding the entire total, Cheney is adding a portion of the total. Technically both are right, it's just an argument over semantics.

Cheney said he did not make the connection between Iraq and Osama's Al'Qaeda, and he was exposed as a liar. Cheney said he never met Edwards, and the picture of the two almost touching each other a couple years back exposed him as a liar. These are not semantics, these are LIES.

There's a difference.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If I bumped shoulders with you at blockbuster video, would you tell everyone that you knew me and how we met at blockbuster? Hahaha, please!!! Is that the best yall can come up with?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The facts are 120 billion have been spent thus far, another 25 billion have been appropriated but not spent. So even if you add that the total is only 145 billion. So where did Edwards get the other 65 billion???

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It must be disturbing to the liberals to see an administration work like a team...

It is a little.

The 9/11 testimony (shown above) was a bit disturbing.

But not more than seeing Bush "go it alone" in Thursday's debate. That was terrifying. Especially for him apparently.

Kerry beat Bush. Cheney beat Bush. Edwards beat Bush. Brutal.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They didn't just bump shoulders, Edwards' wife already pointed out to Cheney that the two had met at least once before, and pointed out where. But of course that's easy to discredit, it's Cheney's words against her's right? Well, it's a little harder to disprove a photo, eh Dick? How you can support a liar like that astounds me; but really, this lie didn't lead to a loss of American lives like the Iraq situation, but you still support the administration after that fiasco so this should come as no surprise.

And the Edwards figure I believe came about because of the bill that was voted on in Congress, authorizing the entire amount that he added. The reason it comes down to semantics is, I believe it included monies to be used in both Iraq and Afghanistan, but the bill did not differentiate the two, so Edwards is using the entire total while Cheney and co. is using the total they expect will go just towards Iraq.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Favorite moments? It's hard to call being confronted with the harsh reality that the country is being misled and we are barreling off in the wrong direction again and again a laugh fest. However, I do think that Edwards surprised me with his tenacity. I expected Cheney to mop the floor with him, and that didn't happen. I think the highlights are the unanswered questions that Edwards raised--

Why were 4 million jobs lost (and if that is Osama bin Laden's fault too, why is he still at large?)
Why is the deficit out of control?
Why is Bush such a big fan of outsourcing?
Why did Bush initially oppose the 9/11 commission and the Department of Homeland Security?
Why are the Saudis getting special treatment?
What does Cheney have against Nelson Mandela?
Why did Cheney vote against making Martin Lutther King Jr Day a national Holiday?
Why did Bush & Cheney lobby Congress to cut the military's combat pay?
Why is Bush in bed with the pharmaceutical and heath insurance companies?

I didn't hear Cheney give any answers--only obscure the fact that we have no answers to these questions.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What I would like to know is why my thread discussing the debate was snuffed when this one and others are allowed?

It's either because...

1. Nerdling already had a post an hour prior, talking about the stage being set for the VP debates....

OR

2. We mods are all secretly part of the NWO, and are actually Reptillians in disguise, currently manuevering HAARP over your IP address...

It's likely one of the two....

(Sorry, just in a mood today, hehe...)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As for meeting John Edwards before this is much to do about nothing. I can't tell you how many times I have been in the same room with people and not known who they were. Everyone here has been in meetings with people that they would not know from Adam's House Cat.

As for the figure go here and then tell me where the figure comes from

www.opinionjournal.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How hard is it to understand? Edwards and his wife said they met Cheney before, YEARS ago. Cheney said he had never met Edwards. Well hey, it's one person's word against another's. Oh but wait, you mean there is a picture, showing them both in the same frame, not 2 ft apart? Hmm, well that sounds a little fishy. Edwards and his wife has evidence backing up what they say, while Cheney has evidence that proved he was lying -- yet again.

As for that link you posted, it said exactly what I just said. The bill is for monies to be spent in Iraq/Afghanistan, and the figure listed is an Bush administration estimate of what will be spent where. Rather than splitting the bill up like many Democrats urged (because then it would be definitive what amount was going to which country), they left them both on the same bill. This is why their is debate as to what is the accurate total going to each situation. That's why I don't say Cheney is lying about this particular question, the same way Edwards isn't lying. It's just semantics.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My Favorite Debate moment

When both debaters were given a question with one rule do not use your running mates name. Cheney got through that question with out any problems. Edwards breaks the rule not once but twice and once in his first sentence.

Classic

Other highlights Haliburton, Trial Lawyers and of course Edwards brain fart towards the end of the debate. For his 30 second rebuttle.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spud602
For the love of God, are all Bush / Cheney supporters so detached from reality that they can't even acknowledge their "Beloved Leaders" have made a mistake?

Making mistakes is one thing. Admitting to them is another matter. Sorry.

My favorite moment besides Halliburton was when the commentator told Cheney he only had the 30 seconds to repsond. I seem to recall Cheney getting a little aggrivated about that. In other words he didn't like that.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

How hard is it to understand? Edwards and his wife said they met Cheney before, YEARS ago. Cheney said he had never met Edwards. Well hey, it's one person's word against another's. Oh but wait, you mean there is a picture, showing them both in the same frame, not 2 ft apart? Hmm, well that sounds a little fishy. Edwards and his wife has evidence backing up what they say, while Cheney has evidence that proved he was lying -- yet again.

OMG there is a picture of Cheney and Edwards in the same frame? Cheney must be lying, But wait if you took a picture of me in the conference room here at work last Wednesday, you would see me sitting next to a guy. Did I know this guy? The honest to God truth is I have no idea who he is. But what if he said he met me and then produced a picture, does that make his claim valid?

Of Course not.

As for that link you posted, it said exactly what I just said. The bill is for monies to be spent in Iraq/Afghanistan, and the figure listed is an Bush administration estimate of what will be spent where. Rather than splitting the bill up like many Democrats urged (because then it would be definitive what amount was going to which country), they left them both on the same bill. This is why their is debate as to what is the accurate total going to each situation. That's why I don't say Cheney is lying about this particular question, the same way Edwards isn't lying. It's just semantics.

Read a little closer only 120 Billion have been spent period.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My favorite Cheney debate moments,

!!!!!!!!HALIBURTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesla, remember God only talks to Republicans and Bush, Democrats are the spawn of the Devil and Kerry is the anti-christ.

What a joke.

I too noticed that neither Bush or Cheney ever have any reply to their opponents when Haliburton is mentioned. It makes me so mad!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Everyone is going nuts about Cheney 'lying to the American people', and how hilarious it is that he has been 'exposed' and how they can't understand how Bush/Cheney fas can't admit their leaders made a mistake.... It's ridiculous.

Edwards 'lied' too. There it was, on national television, him BSing all those facts about Iraq. 200 million? Huh? Why doesn't anyone harp on HIS dishonesty. I find that much more dishonest than Cheney's statement, which could be true.

Maybe fans of the Kerry/Edwards ticket should re-evaluate their candidates.

Aside from Cheneys 'lie', Edwards record still stands. He doesn't show up to any meetings. How can he be expected to fulfill the duties of VP?

As for Halliburton and Cheney getting angry, he never said a word about it. He was a PAST CEO of the company. He DOESN'T work for them now. He is running for re-election. He isn't sitting back and taking in the spoils of war.

Speaking of being in bed with health care, who has the most to gain, being a trial lawyer who specializes in MALPRACTICE?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join