It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predict: What will happen to ObamaCare Tomorrow:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
1. Complete Removal
2. Mandate removed
3. Parts of it will survive citing revisions will be needed
4. Completely Constitutional.

edit on 24-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I want four but I'm a realist and don't have any faith in half of the SCOTUS so I'm gonna go with three.

You heard it here first!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I call #3 ! It will be made as convoluted, obscure and dull as humanly possible- vaguely defeated, vaguely still in play- more studies and tinkering to be done so the can may be kicked along the road for a little while longer, and then presented in an even worse form later on.

Properly, the whole thing ought to be pitched out as un-Constitutional, but this is politics now, not law.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
mandate removal

much rejoicing

then sobering reality not much has changed, economy still stinks

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anyone hear of this guy called Nixon? Same story only the names have been changed and be thankful because that is the only change your getting. Dont get me wrong I despise both side equally. Not an Obama hater just saying he borrowed Nixons play book.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
80% chance in my opinion that the
mandate will be removed, the rest will remain.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

# 3 just to keep it in there favor for debate,obama care will be fully in working order when they have use right where they want use.obama is the puppet and will get all the blame for a new world order when we stop hideing on the web and go to the streets..but for now we will except what they say is good for use and work for gas # 3

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I Pray it will be #1 since it is nothing short of force socialized healthcare wrapped in a turd sandwich!

Yes, lets keep on, keeping on, down that 1930's German road to total Fascism.....

Those that fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it......

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Individual Mandate will be Unconstitutional

It will not hurt Obama or stop him from a massive Nov 6th win

Obama will still win a 2nd term.

The rest of the AHCA will not be overturned.

Romney will also be hurt because he is the one who passed it in Massachussetts.

Why did the GOP pick Romney anyways?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
95% of the bill will REMAIN

Only the mandate will be overturned.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yep

Nothing is going to happen the SCOTUS is a joke as much as Obama care needs to be repealed there is about 1% chance of them ruling they way they should.

Not holding my breath.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
More bad news for you anti-Obama anti-Middle class people

Supreme Court is about to repeal the non-American immigration law in Arizona.

also

The individual mandate was a republican idea.

Most dont know that

yes its true

it was a republican idea and they wanted it in the bill.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
2. .............Most likey the mandate is thrown and they will send everything else back to Congress to "figure it out for yourselves - you're on your own" and in that case the whole thing will collapse of its own weight. In other words I doubt they will deal with the issue of "separability" because that issue is not within the purvue of SCOTUS.

There will be one defection making the vote 6-3 against OC.

edit on 24-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
The Individual Mandate will be Unconstitutional

It will not hurt Obama or stop him from a massive Nov 6th win

Obama will still win a 2nd term.

The rest of the AHCA will not be overturned.

Romney will also be hurt because he is the one who passed it in Massachussetts.

Why did the GOP pick Romney anyways?

Do you understand the difference between a Federal Mandate forcing its' will on the states and a state making its own choice based on what the people want? Where was my vote on Obamacare?

Romney won't be hurt, without the mandate Obamacare is less than useless, it's a hindrance.

I say #2 and #3.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Predict: What will happen to ObamaCare Tomorrow

I predict nothing will happen to ObamaCare tomorrow.

I think the SCOTUS will drag it out until Thursday.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
1. Complete Removal
2. Mandate removed
3. Parts of it will survive citing revisions will be needed
4. Completely Constitutional.

edit on 24-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

#2. Mandate removed.

But it'll still be dangerous. Allowing pre-existing conditions, insuring children to the age of 26, those silly aspects will still be prevalent.

The whole "Affordable Healthcare Act" needs to be repealed.

All 2,700 pages.

Then we can sit down, discuss tort reform, caps on malpractice, interstate health insurance plans.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But it'll still be dangerous. Allowing pre-existing conditions, insuring children to the age of 26, those silly aspects will still be prevalent.

Those silly aspects are overwhelmingly supported by the American people.

www.reuters.com...

Support for the provisions of the healthcare law was strong, with a full 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Sixty-one percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26 and 72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

So there you have it...the Republican dis-info campaign has worked...the American people support the provisions of the law....but they don't support the law

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by beezzer

Those silly aspects are overwhelmingly supported by the American people.

www.reuters.com...

Support for the provisions of the healthcare law was strong, with a full 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Sixty-one percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26 and 72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

So there you have it...the Republican dis-info campaign has worked...the American people support the provisions of the law....but they don't support the law

Not to get off track, but do you realise what that'll do to insurance companies?

That's like getting auto insurance after you get in an accident, and expecting them to pay.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What the hell. I'll be the underdog.

I will go with number 4.

6-3 decision.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join