It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory to the Collapsing Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just some points to ponder.

On the great chance of sounding like a kook.. I am going to give my take on what I THINK is really going on.
You first need to watch the Double Slit Experiment If you have not, here:

Then read this page here:
______beforeitsnews/story/2137/945/Timeshift:_Did_Reality_Reset_After_911.html

Okay.. Done?

Continue.
Who's to say Quantum Consciousness isn't controlling matter?
Who's to say Quantum Consciousness isn't God?
The video (Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle / Waveform Collapse) IMO, is an excellent analogy for our collapsing Universe(?).

I PROPOSE.. That the entire Universe, because of our minds acts like the electron/marble as shown in the double slit experiment.

God is much more simple than any of us know, and so much more complex than any of us have dreamed. Spirituality is science we haven't caught up to yet, but it seems that we are drawing close. Religion continues to defy science because 'Religion' is already telling us it is convinced that we already know everything about spirituality.

When we accept that we aren't even close to such knowledge, we will make progress. Ignorance stems from believing you already know the answer when you haven't collected all the facts.

I await the day that science and God come to terms with one another, and spirituality and science become one. Because they actually are, we just haven't discovered it yet.

edit on 24-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: correction

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Quantum is a real word.

Consciousness is a real word.

Together they make no sense what-so-ever. Your argument is based on 'two big words' next to each other... without meaning.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing
Quantum is a real word.

Consciousness is a real word.

Together they make no sense what-so-ever. Your argument is based on 'two big words' next to each other... without meaning.

Quantum is a real world physical "phenomena" that is Out-Of-This World.
You are talking as if you have solved the double slit experiment LOL

Think of my theory as based on well documented facts. The fact we have NO CLUE why the wave field collapses by observation. My theory was only implying the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is an analogy to the physical Universe collapsing because 'we' are here to witness it. Thought creates matter not the other way around...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The double slit experiment.

I have my own ideas about that but I do not want to hi-jack this thread.
It may be a clue to understanding a lot of what is going on around us.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
The double slit experiment.

I have my own ideas about that but I do not want to hi-jack this thread.
It may be a clue to understanding a lot of what is going on around us.

I would love to hear your theory on it..

'Imagination is our only limitation.'

I just thought the Double Slit Experiment applied to the entire Universe was an interesting concept.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InternetGremlin

The 'observer' in experiments is not consciousness, it's whatever instrument that is taking the measurement. All to often this gets interpreted as consciousness which then in turn get all sorts of New Age woo hoo attached to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

The 'observer' in experiments is not consciousness, it's whatever instrument that is taking the measurement. All to often this gets interpreted as consciousness which then in turn get all sorts of New Age woo hoo attached to it.

The instrument has no physical contact with the photon. It's merely a super duper high speed detection camera. It would be the exact same thing as if our eyes were watching it, if our eyes were capable.

The instrument used is explained here:
www.teachspin.com...

Perform Two-Slit Interference with Single Photon Source and Detector
Recreate Young's Two-Slit Measurement of the Wavelength of Light
Make Visual Observations of Two-Slit Interference
Explore Photon Counting Optimization
Compare and Contrast Two-Slit and Single-Slit Interference
Amplitude Modulation of Laser Source for Lock-In Detection
Wave-Particle Duality, in the Student's Hands

edit on 25-6-2012 by InternetGremlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sub-atomic particles are engaged in transactions at the speed of light, and is a-temporal. The collapse of the wave function does not happen at any point in time for a particle, but biological entities or observational mechanisms are invariably in a time-symmetric forward state (biology can only move in one direction, and mostly at a relatively slow pace).

Its a hard subject to tackle, and for me its hard to get my point across. But if, to simplify, electrons are a-spatial as well as a-temporal, and what is observed is merely a probability distribution, than the observation itself can only be consistent with what was observed in the past, again because we are biological entities. I guess one could say this is where the many-worlds concept comes into play, though invoking such a concept is superfluous.

edit on 25-6-2012 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

The instruments still are extensions of the consciousness as the data collected will be comprehended or observed.

If only there was a way to see the effect when the intention is to destroy the data without being read at all.

top topics

join